Ethnic Diverse Citystyles

GeoModder

Deity
FOR WARLORDS ONLY!!!

Well, I finally wrapped things up and packaged it for you guys.

This is an upgrade from my earlier EDC mod, and as before it doesn't alter a thing qua gameplay. The only changes are graphically. So try it out and enjoy the splendid new cityart, palaces and new skins for some units created by others gathered from all over the forum. :)
Four buildings now use modernized graphics in the Modern/Future era: Granary, Aquaduct, Forge and Colosseum.
And as cream on the pie, Sepamu's era-specific fishing boats are included!

Credits and readme are included in the download post.

For those not into reading readme's:
  • AFRICAN ARTSTYLE: Mali and Zulu's -> use 2 unique artstyles between the Ancient and the Industrial Era
  • ASIAN ARTSTYLE: China, Japan, Korea and Mongolia -> use 2 unique artstyles until the Industrial Era
  • EGYPTIAN + MIDDLE_EAST ARTSTYLE: Arabia, Egypt, Persia, Ottomans and India -> use 3 unique artstyles until the Industrial Era, with the pronounced middle east architecture shared by all from the Renaissance Era onwards. Only Egypt uses the hiroglyph'd buildings from the Classical Era on to the Medieval Era, it's what sets them apart in this setup.
  • EUROPEAN ARTSTYLE: America, Celts, England, France and Germany -> use the Civ4 citysets/setup, except for a new Medieval Era one.
  • GRECO_ROMAN ARTSTYLE: Greece, Romans and Carthage -> use first the ancient european, and then the greco_roman cityset all the way to the Medieval Era. Another skin is used on the Renaissance Era (red roofs only).
  • INDIAN ARTSTYLE: India -> use first the ancient/medieval egyptian cityset all the way to the Medieval Era with some buildings from the south-east asian cityset. The Renaissance/Industrial era are a mixture of south-east asian and middle-east renaissance buildings.
  • MEDITERRANEAN ARTSTYLE: Spain -> Follows the Civ4 citysets, but they have other skins attached to them until the Renaissance Era<
  • NATIVE_AMERICA ARTSTYLE: No civ connection yet, just prepped this for the upcoming BtS expansion. If you like you can link one of the meso-american civs in the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file to see how it turns out .
  • SOUTH_AMERICA ARTSTYLE: Aztec and Inca -> uses part of the native american cityset, and uses a meso cityset with 2 different skins between the Classical and the Renaissance Era. The Ancient Era here is the most prone to weird-looking city architecture.
  • SOUTH_EAST_ASIAN ARTSTYLE: The Khmer -> Ancient/Classical era uses a mixture of ancient asian -and south-east asian cityset, and from the Medieval era to the Industrial era it uses south-east asian buildings only.
  • VIKING ARTSTYLE: Russia and Vikings -> uses a unique artstyle in the Ancient and Classical Era, then from the Medieval Era onwards switches to Civ4 citysets.
The setup is so that the upcoming BtS civs should be fairly easily implemented. My only real gripe with this mod atm is a lack of 'mongol' cityset to give this civ their unique starting outlook. Guess I need to call in favours and bug certain people with requests to get it done. Ditto for extra palaces for the African -and American artstyles.

The uploaded version is also fixed and updated to vs 0.94

Attachments

• Spain.JPG
    Spain.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,626
  • Egypt.JPG
    Egypt.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,505
  • Arabia.JPG
    Arabia.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,582
They look good.

Can you write in the first post more information, such as the civilization types these city sets are supposed to represent?

I think I recognize Babylonian/Egyptian and Turkish/Arabic...

They look good.

Can you write in the first post more information, such as the civilization types these city sets are supposed to represent?

I think I recognize Babylonian/Egyptian and Turkish/Arabic...

And the first one look like spain !

i ditto tat. :)

Wow, I've never seen anything like it, thats just soo good. Soo much better than what Firaxis already has.

Updated the first post with a (hopefully) comprehensive explanation on what art is use when and where.
Oh, and thanks for the kuddo's guys. :)

Geo - Any other sets in the works? Do you need any art work done for those if so?

Geo - Any other sets in the works? Do you need any art work done for those if so?

My only real gripe with this mod atm is a lack of 'mongol' cityset to give this civ their unique starting outlook. Guess I need to call in favours and bug certain people with requests to get it done. Ditto for extra palaces for the African -and American artstyles.

;)

asdfsdfg

Eh... :coffee:

No, I'm only kidding! :D This is absolutely gorgeous! I want to use it straight away :goodjob: My eyes just got bigger and bigger as a I looked at each screenshot.

:lol: :lol:

Look at the last screenshot in the first post, and compare the firaxian madrassah to the other graphics.:lol: :) :mischief: :eek: :rolleyes: :crazyeye:

I have this picture from a book of an artist's depiction of Mozambique in the 15th century with these buildings made out of bricks or something but they have what look to be tribal huts on top of them... I seem to recall seeing this architectural design elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find an example since... anybody know? And if it's more than just one artist's interpretation, I'd like to see that in a medieval era African city too.

Top Bottom