Ethnic riflemen development thread

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
ok....this is where i want pics pics and more pics....

a few rules....lets make these RIFLEMEN, let's say 1850's to 1900ish, before they all went gray and khaki.....

post the most detailed pics you can find of any of the available civs (lets not get into making eskimos and cubans until we can properly make those civs)

we can discuss "what if" versions, lets say, a "roman" what if rifleman vs an "italian", but please....

1) RIFLEMEN
2) DETAILED PICS (the more the better, uniforms, gear, ranks, etc....)
3) AVAILABLE CIVS

i have some concepts for french and english, but show me something really cool and let's get to work on some riflemen!!!!

First of all i really appriciate your works,

And secondly,i'm here for post some photos for a new rifleman project.

These uniforms belongs to Ottoman Civilization.

Criemean War-Balkan Wars era uniforms.

I hope,these are useful for you .
Keep up the good work :)

good start!

i will start on the ottomans

the US will be fairly easy as a civ5 reskin

KEEP'm COMING :goodjob:

hello Bernie,

french rifleman from 1870 :

great pic :goodjob:

DEFINITIVELY ON THE LIST!!!!!, gotta have the prussians fight someone!

some progress on the turks...

i am going to add a couple of officers and corporals for some diversity

Bernie,
Wow, the Turks are looking great!

See relevant posts in the Unit Request Thread.

For what it's worth, I've attached what I had managed to do with French Fusiliers and English 95th Rifles.

Spoiler Screenshot :

Attachments

• Riflemen BETA.zip
    209 KB · Views: 244
the ottomans are done!!

here they are....

US civil war riflemen next , then the 1870 frenchies...

@Nutty; i will be taking a look at your files, but a couple of questions, are they rifleman or minuteman templates?.....i did not start with muskets cuz i thought you were going to be doing some of these :)

in any case, i am going to need some advice for the brits....seems we have MANY styles of uniforms to choose from....I would like some suggestions.....i could always do various different styles for download, and then, people can choose which ones they like via editing the XML....also, the "brits" have all the communwealth uniforms, canadian, highlanders, etc....suggestions appericiated.....

@That nerdy kid; all depends on how much free time I have and how many varieties (blends and textures) i decide on doing.....as mentioned the US is just going to be a reskin of the civ5 rifleman, possibly with slight diferences in textures, such as rank, etc, then the frenchies....

SEND more reference pics and I may do your favorite civ next!!!!!:D

non url based

Attachments

• crimea.png
    crimea.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 379
  • russian crimea war uniform.jpg
    russian crimea war uniform.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,203
Oops. Didn't turn on the e-mail notification for this thread.

@Nutty; i will be taking a look at your files, but a couple of questions, are they rifleman or minuteman templates?.....i did not start with muskets cuz i thought you were going to be doing some of these :)

Hulfgar wanted riflemen, so I used your German rifleman as a template. It wasn't until I was done that I figured out that the fusiliers weren't actually riflemen, but musketmen at the end of the musketman era. Besides there already being a French unique musketeer unit, this unit is much too late to compete with the vanilla musketmen (and, e.g., the arquebusiers of the Spanish tercio unit; though not the American minuteman). They could certainly be used as musketmen in a Napoleonic scenario.

Obviously, the 95th Rifles model is a rifleman. Along with their dark green uniforms, I just read something that tells me the buttons need to be blackened (and the shine taken down in the sref); another part of their early attempts at camouflage (what a concept, not using bright red uniforms!). By contrast, I thought this unit might be a little early compared to the vanilla unit who looks like he's from the American Civil War (though the Danish unique unit, the Norweigian Ski Infantry, is Napoleonic). But looking now, it appears the Rifle Brigade that arose out of the 95th Rifles regiment was wearing the same uniform during the Crimean War.

here is some work in progress on US rifleman....

DO THE PANTS NEED TO BE LIGHTER OR GRAYER???

non url based

russians will be next after french!

Oops. Didn't turn on the e-mail notification for this thread.

Hulfgar wanted riflemen, so I used your German rifleman as a template. It wasn't until I was done that I figured out that the fusiliers weren't actually riflemen, but musketmen at the end of the musketman era. Besides there already being a French unique musketeer unit, this unit is much too late to compete with the vanilla musketmen (and, e.g., the arquebusiers of the Spanish tercio unit; though not the American minuteman). They could certainly be used as musketmen in a Napoleonic scenario.

Obviously, the 95th Rifles model is a rifleman. Along with their dark green uniforms, I just read something that tells me the buttons need to be blackened (and the shine taken down in the sref); another part of their early attempts at camouflage (what a concept, not using bright red uniforms!). By contrast, I thought this unit might be a little early compared to the vanilla unit who looks like he's from the American Civil War (though the Danish unique unit, the Norweigian Ski Infantry, is Napoleonic). But looking now, it appears the Rifle Brigade that arose out of the 95th Rifles regiment was wearing the same uniform during the Crimean War.

i really like the idea of doing varied musket/fusiliers, perhaps after the riflemen, but yes, many civs seem to have the musket as their UU....

i'm still having "conceptual" difficulties with the brits....your 95th rifles is very nice and i could probably fix it in little time, but the classic "red coat"/victorian boar war type brit and the highlanders would be nice as well....

BTW...I converted your 95th rifle to fbx, but havent made the gr2 yet to test it...did it work for you?

we have some nice reference pics for some european types so far....chuggi made a very nice japanese late 19th century rifleman for civ4 i will probably use as reference.....ANY REFERENCE PICS FOR CHINA, ARABIA, ETC would be appreciated

for South American civs, I could go with the mexican/argentine styles suggested by nuggen above....i have a nice iroquois from civ4 i wil probably convert...

how about civs like rome, songhai, persia, siam (vietnam?) etc?????

Persia

(not very good, hard to find. basically for the uniform and the scimitar on the side) i am trying to get my persian friend to get a better picture, so don't judge me.

Chinese: (Taipeng rebellion)

Not sure how accurate this one is. maybe just a racist depiction by the British (kinda looks like it to me)

Top Bottom