Ethnically Diverse Units (4/16/06)

Alright I PMed him. Hopefully he will take my request so that WHite Rabbit can add another city set to this great mod. Eventually I hope that White Rabbit and other creators can make some MEsoamerican units. Heck I hope eventually every unit can be replaced with a flavor unit with every civ.

I wish I could help, what program is White using 3Dmax?

Alright I PMed him. Hopefully he will take my request so that WHite Rabbit can add another city set to this great mod. Eventually I hope that White Rabbit and other creators can make some MEsoamerican units. Heck I hope eventually every unit can be replaced with a flavor unit with every civ.

I wish I could help, what program is White using 3Dmax?

He uses 3dsmax (you can also use blender...its free and powerfull), but only for some details, like new weapons, or chopping heads off (to place them on someone elses body ;) ), but themain load of work is done with nif viewer and photoshop/gimp ;)

Geddon, have you ever investigated the download section? There's plenty of units/buildings available there, including some mesoamerican ones...

Well I can't mod, XML coding confuses the hell out of me at the moment.

On the other hand, Cham has already begun work on Mesoamerican cities, which is very good news for this mod. Now all we need is units. Sezereth said that in the future he would be willing to make some, but at the moment he's engaged in making units for a fantasy mod(I think Warhammer but I'm not certain).

Well I can't mod, XML coding confuses the hell out of me at the moment.

On the other hand, Cham has already begun work on Mesoamerican cities, which is very good news for this mod. Now all we need is units. Sezereth said that in the future he would be willing to make some, but at the moment he's engaged in making units for a fantasy mod(I think Warhammer but I'm not certain).

its Fall from Heaven, Warhammer has already 4+ more or less complete civs from me...

And about those mesoamericans, give me some pics from units which have to be made, and i will see if i can do one in between ;)

Ignore the incan UU in the Medival Infantry(Maceman) slot, were gonna haveto come up with something new for that. theres also a Musketman, a true Horseman(Ignore the current horsemen one) and Knight as well, which I will post shortly. Also ignore the Jaguar Warrior(beneath Swordsman) and Eagle Warrior(Beneath pikeman), as they have already been made.

You do realize that the eagle warrior (second last) and the Jaguar warrior (4th last, Aztec UU infact) already exist, don't you?

a,... nice, well but those are pretty easy, dont think you need me for that :p you`ve got the scout and the aztec jaguar, you got all the heads of the civ 4 units and there should be already enough in Rabbits Mod for their textures, all you need now is to read rabbits tutorials about the nif viewer. come back when you got stuck, or when you have some more challenging units to create for me :)

Javelin thrower: take the Mali skirmisher, plonk an aztec head on it and sent the .dds file to a texturer.
Knight: replace the knight with the aztec jaguar warrior on the horse, sent the horse .dds file to a texturer or remove the horse blanket.

These sounds the logical steps.
Of course, I'm more into XML'ing, so what do I know. ;)

I suppose you have found the "native" units in the download section, as far as not included in the EDU mod?

Top Bottom