Ethnically Diverse Units (4/16/06)

Okay guys, I know it's been a while since I updated this mod, and unfortunately it'll be another few weeks before I release the next update. So in the meantime here is a small preview of some of the units you'll see in the next version.

Plus a sweet bonus render :D

Cheers

A few weeks has passed! Where is it!?

:)

I salute you. I've always complained about why ethnical differences where ignored along all the civ series.

Rabbit, can we expect to see some other units like the ship of the line you made that aren't originally in the game?

On one of your screenshots with the Greek Palace, the houses around it are more red than I'm used to. What's that from? Is that from a different Mod or something else? And is there any way get a copy?

It's taken from an existing civ4 (vanilla) mod, the name escapes me atm (the Extended Mod maybe?). It's simply a recoloring of the vanilla civ cityset.
As to get a copy, this recolored cityset is already in the (vanilla) EDU mod, so if you download that one, you got it. ;)

It's taken from an existing civ4 (vanilla) mod, the name escapes me atm (the Extended Mod maybe?). It's simply a recoloring of the vanilla civ cityset.
As to get a copy, this recolored cityset is already in the (vanilla) EDU mod, so if you download that one, you got it. ;)
GeoModder nailed it :D

ohcrapitsnico said:
Rabbit, can we expect to see some other units like the ship of the line you made that aren't originally in the game?
The ship-of-the-line unit is not actually a new unit, i.e. it has the exact same stats as the frigate. There's gonna be at least one more unit that looks like it could be a new one but nonetheless serves as just a different look for an existing one. That's for next update though.

Willowmound said:
We've been patient!
I know, I know... I don't have an excuse... just a little more, I'm almost done... :blush:

Hey, Rabbit. I need to download the 2.08 patch. Does this work with that, yet?

Thanks Geo and RW

Is the Vanilla download still avialable? Or is that just the 2.2?
2.2 plus the 2.35 patch. They are however not Warlords 2.08 compatible, at least I haven't tested that, maybe they are :)

2.2 plus the 2.35 patch. They are however not Warlords 2.08 compatible, at least I haven't tested that, maybe they are :)

I just did; fortunately, they are compatible.

Version 2.6 is up, see first post.

I'd like to appologize to all the folks that have been waiting for this update for far longer than they should've. My only excuse is that I got real busy real fast and took on more than I could handle. I'll try to avoid doing that in the future ;)

I hope you enjoy the new patch. There's gonna be some more interesting things in the future, like more city sets, thanks to Cham and Sword_Of_Geddon who brought this to my attention. As well as more interesting units and maybe a new palace or two.

Cheers
WR

Finally its about time!!:lol: :lol:
Seriously though these units are truly phenomenal.:goodjob:
You somehow manage to make your units better every time.:)
I already can't wait for the next patch.:p :whipped:
Take as long as you want when working on these units, as long as you come out with these beauties I can wait.:twitch:

Ona side note I really like that egyptian spearman.:D

I hope you enjoy the new patch. There's gonna be some more interesting things in the future, like more city sets, thanks to Cham and Sword_Of_Geddon who brought this to my attention. As well as more interesting units and maybe a new palace or two.

Couldn't help notice you plan on putting different citysets in your mod. Well, I implemented both the oriental -and viking set already (see screenshots in the attachment), and if you want them I'm more then happy to sent the necessary files over.
O yes, don't be surprised about the many "new" buildings in the Greco-Roman screenshot. I replaced a dozen or so vanilla buildings -and small wonders with the graphics available in some scenario's of Warlords and custom work from several modelers on the forum, as to have a more "native" feel for this cityset until the Industrial Era.

O yes, is it supposed to be in EDU 2.6 that the "black" infantry only goes towards Zululand, and not to Mali? Also, according to the civipedia the new caravels aren't linked to any civ...

Top Bottom