Ethnically Diverse Units (4/16/06)

Hmm, I have three problems using the EDU mod (installed 2.6, then 2.8. Running Civ IV vanilla 1.61):

1) When I start a game Civ IV complains about "Tag: UNIT_ARCHER_AFRICAN in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is: Units/CIV4FormationInfos.xml" (The dialogue box has a title of "XML Error")

I have this same problem using Windows XP.

EDIT: I fixed it by deleting the UNIT_ARCHER_AFRICAN lines in the problem file.

Any plans for warlords 2.13 compatible version of EDU? Would love to try these units.

Big red blobs come out anyone else having the same problem yes I know it's old.

Big red blobs come out anyone else having the same problem

Yes, as a problem you have is a problem everyone else will have as well. No, as noone is still using this mod. Take your pick ;)

yes I know it's old.

"but I chose to ignore this fact and post anyway."

Seriously, what good will this post do ? Noone will fix it. If you want to fix it, be my guest. Red blobs indicate that the nif and/or shadernif path of the unit is wrong.

Unless you need a vanilla / warlords version, you should go with the BtS version (which too is outdated).

VD, and yours and mine, all three need BtS however (and are a lot more diverse than any version of EDU) :)

VD, and yours and mine, all three need BtS however (and are a lot more diverse than any version of EDU) :)
I get no love... :(

Well I don't really count yours and mambas because they both alter the gamerules (no offence, they both look like great mods) so that just leaves Varietas Delectat and Cultural Diversity, and CD hasn't been updated for a while which makes VD the best choice for newbies.

But they're all definitely a better pick than EDU, as that's been abandoned.

Well I don't really count yours and mambas because they both alter the gamerules
True... but not by much... it's still a mod-light.

True... but not by much... it's still a mod-light.

Same here, esp. with the WoC version. If you delete the Modules/NextWar and Modules/ModernUnts dirs (in the WoC version), the game also reverts back to regular civ with new units, just like VD and CD ;)

Top Bottom