1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

EU2 -> EU3-DW converter?

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Duneflower, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Duneflower

Duneflower Warlord

I have an old EU2-AGCEEP game that I was quite enjoying, but upgraded my system in the middle of it and wasn't able to reinstall EU2, but got EU3 Chronicles a bit later on. I've searched a few times to no avail, so I'll ask here: Anyone know of a save converter or combination of them that can pull this off?

2. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I doubt such a converter exists. Way too many versions (with different maps too) of EuIII. Also afaik Paradox only is interested in securing converters between different games, eg CKII--->EUIII/EUIV in the future, and so on.

3. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

You could mod it yourself. It's not hard, just tedious.

4. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

CKII already converts to EU4.

5. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

You'll just have to suck it up and start a new game. It kind of sucks, I know, but that's the reality of the situation. RIP old saves from old games and versions :(

6. Duneflower

Duneflower Warlord

O, yeah, I'm aware of that - that's why I specified DW.
    Sure, but there have been community-made converters for eons; was wondering if anyone knew of one of those.
    Yeah, I've started trying to do that, but something about it keeps coming up invalid; I have a feeling I'm missing something that there wouldn't really be any way to know just looking through the file...