Votes: 107 76.4%
  • Non-EUI

Votes: 33 23.6%

• Total voters

zeta

Mod Addict
(Hey, I like polls, dude.)

Hey there again lads,

I've been thinking of playing CBP with EUI. I tried it once but it was quite complicated for me to understand every function of it. After a lot of consideration, I thought: hey, why not make another poll (lol) and see how many of us actually likes EUI? In this one I want to know how many of you plays this great mod using EUI.

So, let the poll begin!

And, if possible, write your opinions on EUI and why it is better or worse (basically, pros and cons).

Cheers.

EDIT: Didn't know this thread would get so much attention let alone discussion on EUI. I am pleased to see that and encourage you to continue. Who knows, provided thoughts might be even more valuable some day, not to mention that those who are new to this whole project and EUI might just get some help and tips from your posts :) So, discuss away, I think this thread is perfect for EUI talks.

Non-EUI, like I said a while ago I don't like the excess information and lack of design/aesthetic sensibilities of the EUI. Normal UI is good enough for me.

I like EUI for the utilitarian purpose of getting everything I'd like to know and compact at a cost. For performance however.. is on a different question. :mischief:

Normal UI. Honestly I think base Civ5 is so good, no need to clutter with something radically different and relearn it.

I used to really dislike EUI, however I have learn to tolerate it because, despite it's ugliness, clutter ,wrong scaling and being performance hog, which is rather noticeable, if you play on huge map with a lot of civs in late-eras , it provides some of useful info that vanilla UI lacks.

I don't really like the aesthetic, but I love having all of the info I need either right on screen, or just a single click away.

EUI shines on the basic, small, non intrusive additions which make it valuable. But most of it is complete nonsense, with tons of useless info on the screen (how could those 2 bars on the left, showing your units and your cities, be of any use ? With more than a few units and cities, you have to scroll into them ...).
So, yeah, no EUI for me.

EUI shines on the basic, small, non intrusive additions which make it valuable. But most of it is complete nonsense, with tons of useless info on the screen (how could those 2 bars on the left, showing your units and your cities, be of any use ? With more than a few units and cities, you have to scroll into them ...).
So, yeah, no EUI for me.

You can disable that option.

But it's a shame really, the unit list would have been better if he added the pUnit:GetName() line to it to know which one is which. (I always loved renaming my troops to #th Regiment and assigning him to a Great General/Admiral)

You can disable that option.

But it's a shame really, the unit list would have been better if he added the pUnit:GetName() line to it to know which one is which. (I always loved renaming my troops to #th Regiment and assigning him to a Great General/Admiral)

The thing that bugs me the most about EUI is that minor civs (on the right) aren't alphabetically organized. I mentioned this awhile back, but he didn't seem interested (he did incorporate my concept of lumping together like notifications, but oh well).

G

I prefer EUI. I dislike the clutter. Having the civs and city-states on the right is fantastic. The cities in the upper left I usually disable. The unit list I leave enabled, but tend to uncheck everything and only use it on an as-needed basis.

The main reason I prefer EUI is ease of accessibility of information. It doesn't give me information that I cannot access through the vanilla UI, but it saves me clicks and time to access that information.

So, yeah, no EUI for me.

You can disable them in the options screen. The city bar with the plot worked option is amazing, plus the civs on the side is great for knowing things at a glance.

Non EUI!!

i like the concept and specially that you can add many buildning/productions
in the Cities so you dont have to enter every turn!

i like that you can rename units

but i stopped using it since its lagging in late game so it wasent really worh it!

Non EUI is more than good enough!!

EUI.

I can't play without the diplomacy information available at a glance anymore. I remember the "bad old days", when I had to either remember what civs I currently have an embassy/open boarders with, and it was hell. I kept trying to move units through an allies' territory, only to find out the open boarders expired.

Also, embassies magically vanish upon a denouncement. No way to know that without the EUI telling you.

Top Bottom