Eurasia/Northern Africa (114x51)

Stormbringer

The Brick and The Rose
Alright, here is the finished map of Eurasia and North Africa. All 15 civs that are in the area have their starting locations more or less correct. I am no geography major, so I am sure there are plenty of mistakes that I hope to fix along the way, but I need you to tell me what they are.

Also, there are few resources in the game - most likely some civs will not have some resources and that is intentional. Either make friends and trade or fight wars for them. It really annoyed me when on some of the maps here each civ could easily have every resource without fighting or trading.

And also, I forgot to take a screenshot of it, so if anyone is nice enough to do so and post it that would be awesome.

New version uploaded:

Version 1.0 - Initial Release
Version 1.1 - Added more resources to balance out the bonuses civs get from them.
Fixed the fact that civilizations could see parts of the map they should not have.
Moved Egypt's starting location to the correct place
Fixed the starting technology bug
Other minor changes

Attachments

• Eurasia.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,290
Where do people take screenshots of the maps to show all of the map on one screen?

Here is a picture, hopefully

Attachments

• map.bmp
    76.9 KB · Views: 2,757
Hey Stormbringer, would you mind if i included your map as part of my Medieval Mod I am working on? I think it would be much better then the world map Iam working using now. I will gladley give you credit for the map.

Thanks,

Kushan

Of course, go ahead and use the map, no problem.

As for techs, I didn't disable them, I am still messing around with the WBS file in notepad and at some point I guess I messed that part up. I am fixing that along with a few minor mistakes, should have a new version out by the end of the weekend.

Wow, good job. Question though. Did you use the BMP to WBS Converter? And if so, what was the easiest way to work the rivers?

Thanks

Tbear2520

I did use the converter, but I put the rivers in afterwards in the Worldbuilder, found that to be easier than using all the million different colors in the converter.

The new version that fixes a few things is almost done!

New version, file in the first post updated

I thought the map was great and it looks fairly realistic from the mini map. Since its an already a good map, that is why I would like to give some suggestions to maybe make it even better.

I think more resources could be added in some spots. As I am more familiar with the Asia Pacific region than elsewhere, with Japan, you might want to add a patch of rice and switch the patch of silver to gold since Japan was known as the island of gold back in the 17th century producing up to 1/3 of the world's gold at its peak. You might also want to add one patch of rice in Korea aswell, and possibly a banana patch with Jungle on the island of Taiwan and another one or two in South East Asia.

For China, there should be one patch of oil around the desert area, as the country actually was self supportive with oil (has the largest fleet of tanks in the world I believe) until its recent economic boom. China also has by far the largest number of horses and pigs in the world, so you might want to add a few more of these in the area (just one patch of horse and no pigs so far). In northen China, the main diet is actually wheat and in the south rice, so maybe you would like to add a patch of wheat in the north.

For Mongolia, you might want to add more horses too, aswell as maybe a patch of sheep since they are well known herders.

Deer should be abundant in the Serabia region.

For Europe, I think you might want to add one or two more food resources in the likes of the British Island, Spain, France, Italy and Greece, since they have limited space to expand, and will likely be overwhelmed by its larger neighbours and some of the other powers to the East. Having more resources (maybe even of the same type) will allow them to trade with others, or else it would be very hard in developing large cities in the already crowded West Europe.

I really like the effort you put in drawing up the map, and is really eager to play again once its fully complete, so hopefully you can take some of my suggestions into consideration. I'll add more comments as I see more of the map.

Cheers,

-G'day-

Parts of this map are very nice (favorite treatment of Tigris and Euphrates) and parts rather strange. Still, it is a very nice map -- good job!

I strongly agree with C-Kompii's comments. I also suggest "The Time's Atlas of World History" -- it will help with allocating resources. You might also consider cattle in Northern China.

It seems like there is sugar in some strange places (Cyprus?). Did you mean wine?

I would think there should be Stone in Egypt, what with the Pyramids and all.

There should be more Bananas in South East Asia.

Again, good job.

-- The Hypnotoad

Top Bottom