Eureka!

Callonia

Deity
Sometime answers to dilemmas are ridiculously simple it will elude you until now.

Because I was like, man, screw the bullies that work in firaxis who hates people that likes to play on huge maps. IMMA MAKE THE RULES!

I ran into the dlc folder for the global defines and set population unhappines from 1 to 0.

Boom, all of suddenly I can now expand like the AI now. Now I just need to switch their current chieftain happiness to whatever level i'm playing on preferably king because i'm moving up to king.

I'm thinking on things like now.

Proof. I went from 51 happiness to 222.

AT LONG LAST MANY CITY SITES I'VE BEEN EYEING BUT NEVER SETTLED BECAUSE OF HAPPINESS WILL BE SETTLED!

I don't know about you guys but, gods n kings just got alot more fun for me. The AIs can take their infinite happiness and shove it into some basement or something. Playing field is level again.

Firaxis will just have to learn to deal with the fact that I'm the one making the rules now, not them!

:king:

Now, excuse me, I've got a new game to start up on gods n kings!

Love it but what file is this under I'm curious....

Steam -> steamapps -> common -> assets -> DLC -> Expansion -> Gameplay -> XML -> Globaldefines is here, open it with notepad.

To edit AI's cheater happiness.

Open up AI folder in same XML folder it is in. Then edit the GlobalAiDefines.

Chieftain happiness is at very bottom of AI defines.

You now are liberated, comrade!

So do I change it from chieftain to prince great liberator of justice. plus how did you find this.

that's what he said on the second line and below of post 3

This discovery is very startling, I'm keeping up on the tech somewhat against the runaway.

While i'm overwhelming my surrounding angry king neighboring technologically.

I'm pulling this off even when I removed the -1 unhappiness per population from the AIs too. x.x

My capital reached size 20+ in medieval era because I could actually afford to grow my city that big. Maritime city states is relevant to me for the first time in few years. I'm even allied to one and declared protection on it against england who tried to conquer it. Normally i would've let it go die a terrible death to england.

My cities' population looks like they're part of an runaway Siam core zone.

Wealth generation is INSANE. We're talking +100 gpt in medieval without gold age.

Great people gets popped like there's no tomorrow.

I'm blazing through whole eras so fast.

I reached Industrial Era in less than 200 turns.

I could afford to build roads even when my cities is faraway from each other.

Most of all, I feel liberated.

Edit: uh, and this is not even mentioning the unintended side effect of this, gold ages come quite frequently like civ 4 i think.. Its been so long.

This discovery is very startling, I'm keeping up on the tech somewhat against the runaway.

While i'm overwhelming my surrounding angry king neighboring technologically.

I'm pulling this off even when I removed the -1 unhappiness per population from the AIs too. x.x

My capital reached size 20+ in medieval era because I could actually afford to grow my city that big. Maritime city states is relevant to me for the first time in few years. I'm even allied to one and declared protection on it against england who tried to conquer it. Normally i would've let it go die a terrible death to england.

My cities' population looks like they're part of an runaway Siam core zone.

Wealth generation is INSANE. We're talking +100 gpt in medieval without gold age.

Great people gets popped like there's no tomorrow.

I'm blazing through whole eras so fast.

I reached Industrial Era in less than 200 turns.

I could afford to build roads even when my cities is faraway from each other.

Most of all, I feel liberated.

Edit: uh, and this is not even mentioning the unintended side effect of this, gold ages come quite frequently like civ 4 i think.. Its been so long.

So, you've attained the holy nirvanic grail, a virtual monty haul of uber stats and unbeatableness... how long do you think this god-mode will remain fun? Sure, I imagine it's fun to pull out all the stops and ride the rocket sled to glory now and then, but I can't imagine it being much of a challenge after just once...

I would like to have the knowledge to change the ai to prince difficulty from chieftain so everyone is completely equal.

On another thread somebody reported issues regarding changing the AI bonuses from Chieftain t Prince (or Warlord)

What I'm curious is to know what exactly controls the AI's expansion rate regarding settler.

This sounds intriguing, but perhaps a bit too overboard. Is it possible to change the Population Unhappiness to .5 or will it only allow integers? That way certain SPs, Wonders, and Buildings that pertain to Happiness/Unhappiness will still be relevent.

Way overboard. On par with giving yourself 10000 gold on turn 1.

So, you've attained the holy nirvanic grail, a virtual monty haul of uber stats and unbeatableness... how long do you think this god-mode will remain fun? Sure, I imagine it's fun to pull out all the stops and ride the rocket sled to glory now and then, but I can't imagine it being much of a challenge after just once...

Lol. I like your comment :p I dont' have time atm but i'm continuing where I left off in new game of king game tmw.

This sounds intriguing, but perhaps a bit too overboard. Is it possible to change the Population Unhappiness to .5 or will it only allow integers? That way certain SPs, Wonders, and Buildings that pertain to Happiness/Unhappiness will still be relevent.

I don't know but I checked the unhappiness per conquered city is 1.34 i believe? So it might be possible but I honestly don't know. I just dislike the happiness system, Firaxis did it wrong.

I would like to have the knowledge to change the ai to prince difficulty from chieftain so everyone is completely equal.

Completely equality would probably also require a lobotomy, the AI having the disadvantage of being forced to compete against a player in possession of an actual brain.

Just to confirm; this also works if you add 0.5. Gave it a quick test in my current ongoing game and it worked perfectly. I'd presume things like 0.7 and such work as well - this way you can adjust the happiness difficulty for yourself.

India is crying in a corner now though.

Just to confirm; this also works if you add 0.5. Gave it a quick test in my current ongoing game and it worked perfectly. I'd presume things like 0.7 and such work as well - this way you can adjust the happiness difficulty for yourself.

India is crying in a corner now though.

haha, nice that's good to know thanks XD

Top Bottom