euro 2008 quarter and semi finals

i wouldnt be so sure Hitro, if spain can overcome their play off nerves its them or russia, italy are doomed to fail imo. in the final im not sure germany could hold off spain or russia.

i wouldnt be so sure Hitro

Well, I said it depends on tomorrow. I consider that to be 50:50. But if Italy win that they are my favourites for the tournament. The Russian defense will falter against them while their own defense will not look as ridiculous as the HSV one Holland fielded today. ;)

Same with Germany with regards to Russia. Germany vs. Spain I have to say would be 50:50, too.

Oh well. Russia deserved to win it in the end, must fancy themselves to win the tournament now.
Russia did well tonight. But 1 factor was that the Dutch weren't doing well. I've seen weaknesses in teh Russian team that can be exploited. Especially during free kicks near the penalty area and during corner kicks the Russians were unable to defend properly. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (and other Dutch players) had a good chance to score, but missed by a hair. Unless the Russians improve there they might get too many goals against them.

So,the match yesterday ,showed that 'Football isn't only football'
Playing in group matches and crushingly defeating Italy and France couldn't be enough for Dutchs
Good luck them in the next tournament

ya, a great goalkeepers carreer is coming to and end. hands down, one of the best keepers ever.

meh, I refuse to make any other prediction...all the ones I made for the quarters have been wrong so far :cry:

btw, some impressions from the orange party in basel (prior to the end of the game, anyway :cringe:)

meh, I refuse to make any other prediction...all the ones I made for the quarters have been wrong so far :cry:

Indeed, am I right that so far no group winner has qualified? Spain is the last hope.

I got a bet right that the Croatia-Turkey was 0-0 after full-time, but I didn't really expect Turkey to win the game.

btw, some impressions from the orange party in basel (prior to the end of the game, anyway :cringe:)

Its got to the point that I'm precicting a Turkey Russia final, for no other reason that its insane.

well, turkey have only 14 valid players, including two goalkeepers...
Germany is germany, remember gary linecker

yeah, but since one football truism was shattered yesterday as well, who knows :)

so, other comments from the dutch?

Two main reasons for the Dutch failure:
-Teams need to grow into a tournament. The growth was seriously abrupted by playing the 2nd XI in the game vs Romania.
-The Russians got it right.

Oh, and bringing Heitinga and Affelay was quite useless in a match where you are outrun.....

It wont be a problem for Turks.Turks current situation shows that football doesnt mean only players performance.It has many dynamics.The motivation of players are too important that we saw in the last match Turkey-Croatia

It wont be a problem for Turks.Turks current situation shows that football doesnt mean only players performance.It has many dynamics.The motivation of players are too important that we saw in the last match Turkey-Croatia

well, generally, on this level anything that can give you an edge is important.

but the turks need more than the edge fanatical willpower can give them to have a realistic chance of winning tonight.
it all comes down to the fact that they need to get extremely lucky.

Germany will win today and Ballack , Podolski and Sweinsteinger will score. You heard it here first , guys ...

this could get interesting: the forecast for tonight here in Basel is a heavy thunderstorm with possible hail :scared:

Okay, that would increase Turkey's chances. :D

Actually, against Switzerland, they sucked when it rained, they won when it stopped raining. They're good-weather-players.

Actually, against Switzerland, they sucked when it rained, they won when it stopped raining. They're good-weather-players.

No, they're the technically better team compared with Switzerland, thus they tried to outplay them. And a bad pitch always favours the more fighting oriented, technically inferior team.

Today the Turks will be in that role.

Top Bottom