EURO 2008, shown by what network in the US?

Verbose

Deity
Hey guys,

this is a "personal problems" thread.:blush:

I'm going to be spending 8 to 21 of June in the US, the NYC to Philadelphia area.:cool:

Anybody know where I can find info about who will be showing the games on the tube, and when, Over There?:confused:

Thanks a bunch in advance!
:goodjob::run:

ESPN

If you're over here for work, pick and choose your days off/lunch breaks. Games start 12 Noon and 2:45 EDT.

NYC has plenty of soccer bars/pubs.

ESPN

If you're over here for work, pick and choose your days off/lunch breaks. Games start 12 Noon and 2:45 EDT.

NYC has plenty of soccer bars/pubs.
Thanks!:goodjob:

And...

Bummer.:cry:

I'll be hard at work except on weekends. Guess I'll be scouting for game highlights in the evenings.:scan:

Same as here... but this won't lighten Verbose's plight (if worse comes to worse, look for RAISat).

Great, Australia can only get EURO 08 on some obscure pay TV channel... :rolleyes:

It sucks. It is on Setana Sports and that channel costs and extra $15/mth just for one channel. Even getting the Adults only channels is much more cost effective, since I think it is about $9.95/mth and you get two channels. I would be watching it if it were on Fox Sports like the previous incarnations of the Euro games. Even if it were on ESPN, then it would be good, but not on Setana Sports.

It sucks. It is on Setana Sports and that channel costs and extra $15/mth just for one channel. Even getting the Adults only channels is much more cost effective, since I think it is about $9.95/mth and you get two channels. I would be watching it if it were on Fox Sports like the previous incarnations of the Euro games. Even if it were on ESPN, then it would be good, but not on Setana Sports.
Don't you believe the fact England doesn't participate largely explains the lack of coverage of the Euro on OZ TV ?

Don't you believe the fact England doesn't participate largely explains the lack of coverage of the Euro on OZ TV ?
No. They would have had the rights to the coverage for awhile, but it is not worth paying that much for a channel that you would not use that often. We get better coverage already with 3 Fox Sports Channels and ESPN. I really am not that interested in Euro2008. I would watch some games if I could see them just because I like football, but it does not interest me too much, especially considering that AUstralia are playing World Cup qualifiers around the same time
and that is what is keeping me interested instead, so I do get my football fix.

ESPN2 has been showing the games here, with replays later in the day (smart move) on ESPN Classic.

Top Bottom