1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Euro 2008

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by dutchfire, May 16, 2008.

1. Grisu

Grisu Draghetto Retired Moderator

well, or at least the tie :(

poor Ösis

2. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

15 minutes to our game! :D

i say 2-0 to us, or 2-1.

3. Grisu

I'd say Germany 3 - 1 Poland

4. kronic

kronic Deity

Yeah, although their first half was pretty poor. They should have played Korkmaz from the beginning. He was fairly decent. :)

I'm a bit surprised about the Croatians. I would have thought they'd take more control after the early lead. Instead they did just about nothing...and their defence looked not always solid.

5. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

agreed. I think after we beat you guys ;) and you win against Austria, you'll also be able to beat Croatia. Croatia isn't what i expected this euro.

6. scy12

scy12 Deity

Does anyone see a pattern ?

7. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Yes, the underdogs tend to be playing better then there opponent, but they end up losing anyway.

Except Poland will break the pattern by winning.

Ok i gotta run to the pub now, match is gonna began in 5 minutes.

Edit: i'm an hour early.. :blush:

8. scy12

scy12 Deity

That too. But irrelevant on who is underdog or not i see the experienced teams playing just enough to win by 1.0 by playing concentrated on defense when they score. However they did so against underdogs. Those same teams may not be able to do it against all teams but superior teams will do it against them.

i call it the 1-0 strategy and it is what gave Greece the Euro back then , although the opposition most times created more chances.

9. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

Amazing the energy those little Austrians had. They were really ready to give everything they had... something which really deserves respect. They've totally exhausted the Croatians. During the last 15 minutes, Croatians were so exhausted that it felt as if they were playing extra-times.

During 1st HT, I had the feeling this game would end up as a humiliation for Austrians. They lost about just any ball they had to fight and they were so surpassed technically speaking that they were doing ridiculous faults. I'm still amazed the guy who grabed the croatian near the corner hasn't got a red card for that. Obviously he forgot during few seconds that this was supposed to be a football game.

On 2nd HT, things became totally different. Austrians still had little talent but they were giving their whole heart in the game. I'm still amazed about how they were able to run in the last 30 minutes as if the game had just started. Overall, a draw, or even a victory, clearly wouldn't have been undeserved. However, they were really outclassed in the beginning of the game so I can't say they've been as stolen as were the Swiss on yesterday.

10. knez

knez Prince

win is a win is a win, so who gives a fu.k

but honestly, we sucked big time
    France 98 was the last contest Croatia went physicly prepared, and once more that hasn't changed :mad:
    few players acting like they're on vacation :blush:
    coach thinks he invented football after Wembley :sad:
    coach spending more time this spring on his lame rock band than on preparing national team for EURO :confused::confused::confused::deadhorse:

11. Sparrow55

Sparrow55 Warlord

Germany 1 -Poland 0 :p

12. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

i'm typing this on the pubs computer because i want to express my feelings a bit...

I AM SO PISSED OF AT OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're not doing anything that beenhacker taught us!!!!

Beenhacker told us to stop using long balls, what do we do? we do long balls!!!!!!!!!!!

Beenhacker told us to Pressure and not let them play, what do we do? WE LET THEM PLAY!!!!!

And the goal was offside, as well with the attempt at the 4th minute with gomez...

you know what? hell with this, germany just go and win.

I hope roger can change things though...

13. Grisu

btw, Streller might be out for the next game too (trouble with the adductor).

which leaves us with exactly one striker :ack:

14. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Germany 2-0 Poland, excellant ball from Klose for Podoliski (spelt wrong) to hit it :lol:

15. Mazarin

Mazarin Warlord

okay performance for the first game. The defence was quite shaky, hope Loew can fix that asap.

16. kronic

kronic Deity

Go away.

Poland. :p

17. cFccFc

cFccFc Warlord

What a goal that miss by Klöse lead to. Great game, the first (because of traveling) match I got to see the whole of in this EC. First of many. Can't wait for Robben (freaking hopes he plays) tomorrow against the Italians.

18. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

the first goal by germany was offside, but seeing how badly we played in the first half, you guys deserved it.

The second goal you guys deserved. It was a mistake by golanski, he should've passed it to boruc instead of trying to clear it. Poldoski took advantage of this and deserved the goal.

Really i predicted that the team that won group A in the euro qualification would beat germany, not the team that lost to ecuador last wc.

Anyway the group of death tomorow. Romania vs France and Netherlands vs Italy.

I predict Romania to win france, but i'm not sure about the other match.

19. holy king

holy king Deity

%&$§%§()&§"/=$"

dammit. what a goddamn awful starting XI. what a performance in spite of that and our overall inferiority. we could have won this...

20. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

tell me about it...

Our best player is Brazilian!!!

Our best Polish Player plays for Germany!!!