Euro 2008

To give Austria/Switzerland a better chance of getting through if by some miracle they drew each other somehow?

I think it is to even out the distribution of games for the two home teams in case they both make it all the way through.

The final is in Austria. Hence "the" semifinal (i.e. the only one either of them can reach) is in Switzerland.

You're probably right.

(So, are you Dutch or German?) :)

German, my love for cheese is restricted to food. :yeah:

However I sure prefer the Dutch over anything that plays at Bayern. ;)

After all Podolski did for you a few hours ago? You should be ashamed! :p

It's odd when the best Polish player on the pitch is playing for Germany. ;)

Adam Savagesque prediction for Holland - Italy tonight: 25% win Holland, 35% Draw, 40% Win Italy.

Clearly the italians have the better players, but history has shown they are not the best in the group phase. That's why I gave them only a 40% win. They are killer in the finals. If we draw them tonight, I'll be a happy camper, since I believe they have the best team on Euro 2008.

Good luck :thumbsup:

My view on today:
Austria vs. Croatia: I was massively disappointed by the Croatians, as I said before a team I like. But they did not deserve to win this game. After the (blatantly correct...) penalty they pretty much never started playing. And the second half was atrocious. Austria seemed . .. .. .. . scared at the beginning and needed up to the 60th minute or so to even believe they could do something (which was well possible). As expected their abilities are limited, but not as bad as some - including many Austrians - try to make them. As kronic said Korkmaz should have been brought on earlier. Linz failed completely, too. On the Croat side I wonder how much hype and how much substance there is about Modric. Heard the mircale stories before our (i.e. Werder's ;) ) Champions League qualifiers against Zagreb and again heard them now. In all three matches he was barely seen. Today he even started a couple of dangerous attacks for Austria by losing the ball easily. Well, maybe he does better against Germany.

austria needed so much time to get their offense started because gercaliu on the left side was at best a bad full back yesterday. and certainly no usefull winger. standfest played one of his better games on the right, but that still means not much danger for the opponent. ivanschitz didnt get the space he needs yet is unable to create himself. and aufhauser was as pathetic as always.

korkmaz created more danger than both of the "wingers" combined in the 60 minutes before the substitution.
and ivanschitz needed the space vastic created for him in the midfield that the two defensive midfielders that where told to hold their postions (both of them!!!) couldnt before.

we all knew that hickersberger is an idiot before this match, but this starting XI was a bad joke. a 5:2:2:1 camouflaged as 3:6:1. effectively with no wingers...

It would be more funnier,if Podolski scores 4:)

I was short on this:( But he was the substitute at my euro2008 fantasyfootball team:cry:
Podolski scored 2,but he didnt seem to be happy with that.:)
Germany was stronger and that polish winger 8 (I forgot his name kryznowek??) failed to struggle against Lahm.Schweini played like expected.

I am feeling really sorry for Austria.They played pretty well.Kienast(no:18),Korkmaz(11) had a good display.Croatia didnt deserve the win.If Austria plays this way they might have a real chance to qualify imho.I will be supporting them against Poland and for a draw against Germany..

I was short on this:( But he was the substitute at my euro2008 fantasyfootball team:cry:
Podolski scored 2,but he didnt seem to be happy with that.:)
Germany was stronger and that polish winger 8 (I forgot his name kryznowek??) failed to struggle against Lahm.Schweini played like expected.

I am feeling really sorry for Austria.They played pretty well.Kienast(no:18),Korkmaz(11) had a good display.Croatia didnt deserve the win.If Austria plays this way they might have a real chance to qualify imho.I will be supporting them against Poland and for a draw against Germany..

the problem is even if we win poland and draw germany, croatia will stay upfront by drawing poland. (if they get beat by germany, which can be expected)

Poland will win against Croatia.So;
1-)Germany 7
2-)Austria 4
3-)Poland 3
4-)Croatia 3

or something like that I guess.Croatia is the second biggest disappointment in this tournament.(Biggest one is Turkey)

Of course there is plenty chance for Poland,(certainly Poland will win both remaining games)but it would be good if Austria advances to next level:)

Poland will win against Croatia.So;
1-)Germany 7
2-)Austria 4
3-)Poland 3
4-)Croatia 3

or something like that I guess.Croatia is the second biggest disappointment in this tournament.(Biggest one is Turkey)

Of course there is plenty chance for Poland,(certainly Poland will win both remaining games)but it would be good if Austria advances to next level:)

i dont see turkey as disappointment, it was clear they'd leave with nada points. :)

and this poland wont beat us. never.

Maybe Poland expected to lose, and are aiming at the other two group games they and i don't see Germany dropping points against Croatia and Austria

Impossible.Turkey has still chance to qualify.We can beat Schweiz any time.And without Frei,we are the favourite side for this match.If we lose...

Hab keine Angst:p

Impossible.Turkey has still chance to qualify.We can beat Schweiz any time.And without Frei,we are the favourite side for this match.If we lose...

Hab keine Angst:p

if your crazy defenders go on like they did against portugal and the ref for that game is actually one with eyes, i dont see turkey finish the game with more than 9 men... :lol:

I will have a serious talk with them.However it is not their fault being so pathetic defenders.It is the manager's fault to consider them as the best turkish defenders:)

so any thoughts on todays games?

i dont see france dropping points against romania.

netherlands - italy could of course go either way, though italy is now an even bigger favourite with robben injured.
looks like kuyt will now play as left winger, roughly the same postion he played for liverpool this season.
he's always dangerous to score himself if a cross comes in from the left (right this time) or he makes it into the box from his side and does a great job defensively too.
his cross-ins are not worth mentioning tough, he certainly is no robben.
all in all i wouldnt be surprised if it ended in a draw, probably 1-1.

Italy , France will win IMO. I am not so much sure about France but they do have riberry,

Top Bottom