Euro 2008

Germany will be dangerous. They always are. Italy always has a strong squad, however, Italy is nearly by definition a slow starter and that's killing in this so-called group of death.

To me, Portugal is the favourite. The last decade, Portugal has grown to a team that can actually live up to a decent standard. Add an in-form Ronaldo, and they have the best chances.

My view is always clouded by extra-proportional nationalistic feelings when it comes to ECs and WCs, but even when trying to forget that, I think Holland has a decent chance too. We got to the semi finals 4 times in the last 5 ECs, so it would be wrong to underestimate us. apart from that, we have the best 3 forward players. Only our defense is so weak........

Boulah is back, Ronaldo'd better watch out :)

I think whoever wins Group C will get to the final and either Portugal or Germany will join that team.

Boulah is back, Ronaldo'd better watch out :)

Apart from the WC incident between Boulah and Ronaldo (which could easily have been red instead of yellow), I think a fit Boulah will increase the chances for the Dutch immensely.

Spain Euro 2008 Squad:

Casillas (Real Madrid), Reina (Liverpool), Palop (Sevilla); Albiol (Valencia), Arbeloa (Liverpool), Capdevila (Villarreal), Juanito (Real Betis), Marchena (Valencia), Navarro (Real Mallorca), Puyol (Barcelona), Ramos (Real Madrid); Alonso (Liverpool), Cazorla (Villarreal), Fabregas (Arsenal), De la Red (Getafe), Iniesta (Barcelona), Senna (Villarreal), Silva (Valencia), Xavi (Barcelona); Guiza (Real Mallorca), Sergio Garcia (Real Zaragoza), Torres (Liverpool), Villa (Valencia).

let's see how torres performs without gerrard...

Apart from the WC incident between Boulah and Ronaldo (which could easily have been red instead of yellow), I think a fit Boulah will increase the chances for the Dutch immensely.

are you kidding? Boularouz is rubbish.

Portugal will win!!!

PORTUGAL ALE ALE!!

Spain Euro 2008 Squad:

Casillas (Real Madrid), Reina (Liverpool), Palop (Sevilla); Albiol (Valencia), Arbeloa (Liverpool), Capdevila (Villarreal), Juanito (Real Betis), Marchena (Valencia), Navarro (Real Mallorca), Puyol (Barcelona), Ramos (Real Madrid); Alonso (Liverpool), Cazorla (Villarreal), Fabregas (Arsenal), De la Red (Getafe), Iniesta (Barcelona), Senna (Villarreal), Silva (Valencia), Xavi (Barcelona); Guiza (Real Mallorca), Sergio Garcia (Real Zaragoza), Torres (Liverpool), Villa (Valencia).

let's see how torres performs without gerrard...

With people like Alonso, Iniesta and Fabregas instead, I think he'll manage.

Well he plays with Reina (not a big part of the Spanish squad), Alonso and Arbeloa (does he get much games for Spain?)

Where is Raul ?

I believe (perhaps ignorantly) that the Italian for Munchen and Monaco are the same. Perhaps someone can confirm ?

This might help illustrate Lost tourists

Yes...

Munich in Italian = Monaco di Baviera
Monaco in Italian = la Monaco

Germany will be dangerous. They always are. Italy always has a strong squad, however, Italy is nearly by definition a slow starter and that's killing in this so-called group of death.

To me, Portugal is the favourite. The last decade, Portugal has grown to a team that can actually live up to a decent standard. Add an in-form Ronaldo, and they have the best chances.

My view is always clouded by extra-proportional nationalistic feelings when it comes to ECs and WCs, but even when trying to forget that, I think Holland has a decent chance too. We got to the semi finals 4 times in the last 5 ECs, so it would be wrong to underestimate us. apart from that, we have the best 3 forward players. Only our defense is so weak........

Portugal? They barely qualified.

Well thats just plain stupid. I'm a united fan but can still acknowledge the boy is good, he isnt world class yet because he is young and hasnt had time to prove it but he's getting there.

Before stating something is stupid you might want to try to think what the message mean...
When I say overrated, I don't mean the boy is crap. I only mean he isn't world class. Certainly not one of the top 10 strikers in Europe IMO. Besides you might want to watch some football outside the EPL. And in his time in Atletico, el niño was a big time underachiever. One good season in the EPL doesn't convince me he's that good.

Yes...

Munich in Italian = Monaco di Baviera ("di Baviera" used only when needed)
Monaco in Italian = la Monaco

Actually "la Monaco" isn't correct, no article is used when only the name is mentioned, otherwise it's "(il) Principato di Monaco".

Before stating something is stupid you might want to try to think what the message mean...
When I say overrated, I don't mean the boy is crap. I only mean he isn't world class. Certainly not one of the top 10 strikers in Europe IMO. Besides you might want to watch some football outside the EPL. And in his time in Atletico, el niño was a big time underachiever. One good season in the EPL doesn't convince me he's that good.

Indeed, because i'm from England i only watch the EPL. How is he not one of the best, in the previous seasons he's been averaging 1 in 3, not a bad statistic considering Atletico are not one of the biggest teams in Europe so it amazes me how he was an under achiever and if he was such an underachiever why did he have half of the european teams courting him for years attempting to sign him. He also has a 1 in 3 international record which is something quite a few strikers would be pleased with.

So seeing as he is one of the most prolific strikers in europe and europe is pretty much the best football across the country how is it wrong to say he isn't approaching world class.

Now i havent seen many people accusing him of being world class just yet, except obviously the liverpool fans, the majority are merely marvelling at his ability and how good he is going to be. Both of them coupled together would imply that you calling him over rated would imply that you don't think he is that good.

Top Bottom