Who will win the quarterfinal?

• Germany

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Greece

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As in 2004? :)

Well, i think that even if Greece wins now, in the game against (possibly) Italy things will be again very hard. Surely Germany is the favorite, but France and Czech Republic were clear favorites back in 2004 as well. We shall see. At any rate i do hope we don't lose with a great goal difference, that would be miserable indeed...

A repeat of 2004 would be boring.

Voted Germany. I would like Greece to win and it would be nice if the Greek people could get some kind of revenge for the misery the Germans are causing them just now, but I think Greece will have run out of footballing luck and Germany will be able to win quite comfortably.

Possibly this team is a bit better offensively than the 2004 team, but a bit worse defensively. So in theory it should play more quality soccer. That said obviously it is not among the top 4 teams in the tournament anyway, but it never was, even when it won it.
If it advances (chances are it won't) then it would be better suited to play against England rather than Italy... And i think it will be easier against England than against Germany.

What do the Greeks think of Samaras? Celtic fans are really not his biggest fans, though I think they should be grateful still to have a player of that quality.

Pangur Bán;11585810 said:
What do the Greeks think of Samaras? Celtic fans are really not his biggest fans, though I think they should be grateful still to have a player of that quality.

I think Samaras is one of those players that coaches appreciate because he's tactically sound and hard working, but fans hate because he has the subtle touch of a lumberjack.

One player who is half-decent (or at least used to be) is Salpiggides. I think he scored in this tournament more than once (?) already. Not an incredible player by any means, but decent and potentially dangerous.

Germania I suggest makes it to final against espagna
semi final being britannia won

Top Bottom