Euro 2016

I think I aged like 10 years just by watching that penalty shootout...That was quite something...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

High price for yesterday's win. Gomez is out for the rest of the tournament. Khedira and Schweinsteiger are injured and may not be able to play. Hummels is suspended...

Re: extra time. I would like a set-up where in extra time, every 5 minutes both teams have to take of 1 player. After 30 minutes, when it is 5 vs 5, if it is still equal, take penalties.

Ouch. Obviously I'm with France, but I can't help to feel bad for Icelanders now.

Iceland should be extremely proud of themselves, even though they're about to lose.

Re: extra time. I would like a set-up where in extra time, every 5 minutes both teams have to take of 1 player. After 30 minutes, when it is 5 vs 5, if it is still equal, take penalties.

This is sort of like how they do it in NHL ice hockey. They play with one fewer skater in OT (except during the playoffs, when OT has no time limit) because statistically it results in more scoring.

May we only count the second halves?

And I've to say, I'm worried with France's defense, which seems pretty porous. It reminds me a lot of WC2014, and we're going to face Germany again.

I have a feeling that Iceland tried to play a bit more up front in this game, and they were punished dearly for it...Had they played like in the previous games, perhaps the result wouldn't have been so one-sided...Still, they had a fantastic tournament and should feel really proud of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they didn't get a Mexico-style massacre at least… ;)

The French were just way too effective in their play. All teams produces decent attempts against Iceland but the French just about netted every major chance they got. Germandy-France should prove a great game.

Also, all Germany's penalty kicks taken at once:

http://i.imgur.com/TXEdajQ.gifv

Top Bottom