Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Just my opinion, but I think that Jews should be in here also (as a religion, not a civilization). Judaism has been in Europe longer than Protestantism or for that matter I'm pretty sure Catholocism....Next time there is an update I think you should incorporate Judaism into it. You could make advantages and disadvanteges of having a Jewish country..

Just a thought.

@ Gunner

well a few more cent then....

Denmark Beserker/Huskarl and Longboat

Reason Denmark (vikings) was really only strong from the dark ages until the middle ages, the horses completly made the vikings obsolete, also it was Danish/norse viking that sailed too island, greenland, new foundland, london, paris, rome, black sea... but denmark didn't stay strong and their nighbor sweden became better... Therefore..

Sweden:
Musketman (like france but not as strong and )
a frigate (gustav Wasa)

Swedish muskets where good back then, so good that they took skaane, halland and blikinge from denmark (south Sweden) making denmark half it's size, Sweden was also known for it''s ship building skills (it's almost and island) they had a famous shipbuilding place??! somewhere near visby, kalmar or karlskrona (can't remember where) this place surplied ships to england france and holland...

my few cents.. :)

Awesome mod, my compliments!

Imo the only real improvement left is enabling another early religion. That would definately spice things a little up between Civs...

Also I was somewhat disappointed to find out the Dutch were sacrificed to keep the Ottomans under control, for personal reasons of course. It was the best solution to the problem.

What about a celtic relgion foundable only by the scots?
That could be interesting...

Also:
Venice is my favorite civ theoretically. Historically, it had a hugely powerful navy, and a very sucessful merchant system. Maybe its UU could be a ship. Or it could be a cheap great merchant that can go on trade missions without open borders, and do trade missions in your own cities.

@Badmojo
I agree that its probably a good idea to give the Danes both the longboat and the berserker. Its difficult to find a unit for them later than that.

About the Swedes though, are you really sure that they are deserving of a frigate UU? From what I've been reading it seemed like most of their military sucess came from land battles. Do you have any ideas for a second land UU. I read somewhere about how Gustav II Adolf revolutionized cavalry combat in the 17th century. So maybe a cav UU?
oh here's the link for that: http://www.algonet.se/~hogman/regiments_cav_eng.htm

Here is the almost completed list. We just need a second unit for Sweden and we'll be done!

England: Redcoat, Welsh Longbowman

Scotland: Schiltron [pikeman],Highlander [rifleman]

Castile: Tercio [pikeman], Conquistador

Aragon: Almogavars [macemen], Calatrava Knights

France: Frankish knight, Cuirassier [cavalry]

Russia: Cossak, Streltsy [musketmen]

Byzantium: Cataphract [knight], Dromon [galley]

Denmark: Berserker [axeman], Longship [galley]

Prussia: Needle Gunner [Rifleman], Guard Infantry [musketmen]

HRE: HRE Knight, Landsknecht [pikeman]

Papal States: Swiss Guards, Crusader [knight]

Venice: Venitian Galley [galley], Stradioti [knight]

Sweden: Caroleans [musketman], Hakkapeliitta [cavalry]

Ottoman: Grand Cannon, Janissary [musketman]

Poland: Winged Hussars [cavalry], Strzelcy [crossbowman]

Lithuania: Tatar Cavalry [horse archer], Light Lancer [knight]

Hungary: Szekely [horse archer], Huszar [cavalry]

Bohemia: Warwagon [knight], Hussite Infantry [maceman]

A couple of ideas for Sweden-

How about a movement-bonus artillery. Napoleon and Clausewitz both were said to admire Gustov's use of mobile cannons during the Thirty Years' war.

Another idea is to use the Finnish Hakkapeliitta, which served under Gustov during this same time. They should have a melee combat bonus, as they were known to be fearsome at close range.

Though there are already alot of cavalry from this era, the Hakkapeliitta seem to fit the bill.

I think a movement bonus cannon would be overpowered. The Hakkapeliitta sounds perfect. We'll just have to deal with having alot of Cavalry UU's :)

So now we officially have at least something down for every civ! I guess now we can have more discussion about ones you think should be changed and then ideas for statistics.

Gunner said:
Um, for which civ? We already have Swiss Guards (which were mercs) for the Papal states.

OMG...I'm an idiot I meant Swedish mercs....for the second Swedish UU.

Sorry about that, lol...its kinda late here.

Gunner, could we spell the Hungarian units as Székely and Huszár,
this is the way they are writen in Hungarian.
They are Uniqe Units, so their spelling could be uniqe as well ;)

Some notes:

Hussites used mobbile walls to protect theyselves, so they can be stronger/+bonuses but can't attack, something like machine gunner in medieval age:).

Jannisary as rifleman??? Better they can be as musketmen, they were used in 15-17century... bonus vs. mounted as well because they were used vs. heavy knights(battle near "Mohacs" for example)

For Prussians can be better cannon-> all countries in 18century copied they new arrtilery knowledge.

HRE: Teutonic Knights??

And about gold in today Slovakia, look in central europe countries do not have enough harbors to build Colonies, so they can be added(1-2 no more)... And one more thing, in this area/country is important sheep so too they can be add on hills(1). Hmm i can not nothing when small area/country like Slovakia was/is so rich on resources: Iron, Copper, Gold, Silver, Coal, Alluminium and so on....+ lots of forest animals:).

And 1 propose to V.Soma and Holyman, don't use this word: "Felvidék", because some people here(and I too) getting bit angry, you know why....

Heav, OK, today the area is NOT Hungary, but it was once, and a significant share of the population IS Hungarian there, still.

So, when I capture cities there in the 9th century, I don't find it incorrect to call it with a Hungarian notification...

What name do you suggest?

with friendly regards

Soma

My game is in 1245, I am leader in score,
and at this moment capture Lithuanean cities to NE of Hungary.
I don't plan to expand too far, but Kiev shall be mine
with another fine city near copper...

At the Adria a city already builds for the African ivory colony (40 turns)...

Barbarrossa is really getting on my nerves, I was thinking, I'm gonna go low military, shoot for fast industrial & them pump out cavarly as England, but no, Barbarrosa had to declare war on me, I wonder why is he so damn agressive, a nice challenge, but also an annoying one :p

Barbarrosa becomes too strong early by grabbing Amsterdam. The Poles ripped a new on the Hungarians, they war all through the first & second age, they seem to slow down though, & their economy is in pieces. Russia seems big, so does Aragon, with cities on North Africa.

I have the biggest navy however, I finally finish up the Scots, & I'm looking forward to start the 100 years war, around the same time it actually happened, my attack will be launched from Calais.

Btw, I think North African Barbs should be stronger, so only when you're ready, you'll be able to settle there, maybe give them some Camel Archers to them?

Dux_ said:
Barbarrossa is really getting on my nerves, I was thinking, I'm gonna go low military, shoot for fast industrial & them pump out cavarly as England, but no, Barbarrosa had to declare war on me, I wonder why is he so damn agressive, a nice challenge, but also an annoying one :p

Barbarrosa becomes too strong early by grabbing Amsterdam. The Poles ripped a new on the Hungarians, they war all through the first & second age, they seem to slow down though, & their economy is in pieces. Russia seems big, so does Aragon, with cities on North Africa.

I have the biggest navy however, I finally finish up the Scots, & I'm looking forward to start the 100 years war, around the same time it actually happened, my attack will be launched from Calais.

Btw, I think North African Barbs should be stronger, so only when you're ready, you'll be able to settle there, maybe give them some Camel Archers to them?

Barbarossa aint a great problem for me, as the Dutch, I simply built my second warrior and I sended all my warriors to his only city, which has only one warrior, you should be able to win of him and viola, Barbarossa is not a problem no more.

Just finished EE3 with an easy win as the English on the original map. Will download 3.1 patch and try again on the expanded map. I did figure out how to turn the city razing option back on. I'm just too anal I guess because I hate cities that over lap. I find that with the amount of of time it takes to subdue a city it almost makes more sense to start over from scratch especially if placing it just one more space over optimizes it for production or resource collection. Not very historical but...

Oh, thanks for the best Civ4 mod to date! I just wish there were more units for UU's but I haven't seen any created yet.

Top Bottom