1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Crash757

Crash757 King

Haha, u're funny :D Why can't u just zip the file ? Never used winzip before ? :D

'bout your changes: more barbs = less playable ('xcept for warmongers).

2. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Hi, Heav!
    The catholics vs. orthodocs war sounds interesting ;)

3. V. Soma

OK, I will ZIP :)

EDIT
    Check now the file a few posts above (page 41)

4. V. Soma

About barbs:

I did not make THAT many changes:

Russia
    It is big place there - one more barb city is not a big deal

North Africa
    It is way too easy for the spanish nations to get there, just have a look at that
    - only 2 barbs on the two ends?
    Yes, I put in 2, but that is moderate even to have 4 there, I guess...

5. Crash757

Crash757 King

Have u ever played with Lithuania ? Russian barbs don't go eastward, but westward and they are a real problem. Adding more of them will not improve the situation there.

6. V. Soma

The new barb city is Kursk, east of Kiev - let's try it out...

7. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

Great job V Soma! I'm going to start a new game today, probably as Sweden because I'm playing a game of EU2 as them. I'll use your map and see what I think of it.

I finished the xml files for the UU's last night. It actually took alot longer than I thought it would trying to get all of the errors out of the way. But I understand it alot better now so I could do more xml work faster now I think. Does anyone want just the xml files as they are now? I'm going to try and get some graphics for the units and then I'll release it to the public. I'm also going to play a game with them.

So if you want the xml files pm me or post in this thread and I'll give them to you.

8. V. Soma

Funny, but Sweden is perhaps the only region I have not changed any :)

9. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

Haha, well I like Sweden's UU's so thats another reason I'm going to try them out. I just love saying Hakkapelitta so much. It rolls right off the tongue :)

10. noid

noid Warlord

@Gunner

Concerning:

Poland:
    Winged Hussars [cavalry] (18, 2, 130) 2 first strikes, no defensive bonuses, 30% withdraw, 50% cannon
    Strzelcy [crossbowman] (6, 2, 60) 50% melee, 1 first strike

I agree with the Winged Hussar unit, but where did you find info about "strzelcy", I dont know a thing about my country using crossbowmen ever..

11. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

Here's the link for the Strzelcy: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/matthaywood/main/Poland.htm
    It was some sort of mounted support troop which was usually armed with crossbows. If you have a better idea for a second UU I'll gladly take it.

That site seems to think that Poland used alot of crossbows though. Read the whole page, its pretty interesting.

12. noid

noid Warlord

Im gonna give it some thought, and present a couple of units wich IMO would be more suituble for Polands UU.. The link you provided really does say a lot bout polishmen using crossbows.. strange :)

13. linesma

linesma Chieftain

I play this mod more than others for Civ IV. I am still amazed at what can be done to the base game, seeing as how I have no idea how to do what has been created. So my hat comes off to all of you for this fine product.

I do have a question though. Would it be possible to add Iceland to the map? I know that it is a colonization wonder, but there is a whole area in the northeast quadrant that is not used. I was thinking that adding Iceland to the map and making the colony wonder either Greenland or Vinland would make the Viking Expeditions a little more attractive to research. Greenland could offer furs and Vinland could offer Wine.

Finally, how hard would it be to have the colonial wonders also relieve population burdens in your citites? Part of the drive for colonies was not only due to making money with rare resources, but population preassures as well. Adding this element will help bring in an added realism that this mod seems to be heading twoards.

Like I said earlier, I do not have the skills to do what has already been accomplished and I find it awesome. So again thanks!!!

14. bcr1776

bcr1776 Warlord

A bit of help, please. Downloaded the 3.1 mod, unzipped it to the firaxis/civ/mods folder, moved the senario files to ../publicmaps/. When I go to load the mod the choice of ee3 appears in the list, however after the game reloads the senario list does not contain either of the ee3 senarios. Considering that others are doing just fine with this mod, I have obviously messed up something. Anyone have any ideas? ( I did go through the entire process twice)

15. California Love

California Love Chieftain

Try loading the game directly from the publicmaps folder by double clicking on the icon. I had the same problem you seem to be having and by doing this I can now play the game perfectly....try it my way and tell me if it worked for you.

16. bcr1776

bcr1776 Warlord

No joy. It loads and then throws 'can't find enum' errors for a variable number of leaders and defaults to the standard game screen to choose a leader. This seems to be a truncated list.

17. bcr1776

bcr1776 Warlord

Californian living in South Florida? You must have been really bad in a past existance!

18. California Love

California Love Chieftain

What do you mean?

19. Linel

Linel Chieftain

I'm having problems with the scenario. I've downloaded the file in the mods folder, and unzipped it and started playing, but as soon as the scenario finished loading I lost the game! I was playing as Isabella of the spanish.Any help on what happened would be appreciated.

20. Heav

Heav Warlord

Streltsy [musketmen] (10, 1, 70) 1 first strike

this unit is very weak against others Umusketmans, (I know they are expensiver....), I think they can have +2 first strike, and enable drills promotion for them(it is possible?).