1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ArbitraryGuy

ArbitraryGuy Rusty Shackleford?

Option=GAMEOPTION_PERMANENT_ALLIANCES (I put just OPTION_... in my last post :))

Make sure you have facsism researched.

2. sapon

sapon Chieftain

I have found that there is a way to remove religions from a city using a unit. Someone has developed an Inquisitor Mod with that capability. I wonder how hard it would be to impliment into the Europa Mod? I'm trying to figure out how to do this but I'm not a programmer by trade. Anyone familiar with this Mod and perhaps know how to impliment it in the Europa Mod?

3. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

As I said before I think I'll finish the addon this weekend since I'm having exams all this week. No time for modding really :sad:

4. California Love

California Love Chieftain

I cant seem to find a place where where have the chance to add permenant alliances or turn on city razing...could someone please direct me to that file where I can do so, and speak to me like I'm ********..because in the world of modding I am....could someone just tell me how to get there starting from somewhere like...oh lets say my computer. lol

5. dofik

dofik Chieftain

Hi This is my first post:) So Welcome @ll

I have a little proposition to add some historical facts about one of the Wonders in this mod,
    Yesterday when I was playing this mod using Polish Empire I was suprized when I found that the Malbork Castle can be built.:)
    In Civilopedia I cant find any other information except +25% defense in all citites - so I would like you to add some historical facts about it:
    :king:
    ------
    "Malbork Castle is a classic example of a medieval fortress; it is the world’s largest brick castle and one of the most impressive of its kind in Europe. The castle and its museum are listed as UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. It is sometimes referred to as 'the largest heap of bricks north of the Alps'. Under continuous construction for nearly 230 years, Malbork is actually three castles nested in one another. The High, Middle and Low Castles are separated by additional dry moats and towers. It housed some 3,000 "brothers in arms". The Low Castle walls enclose 52 acres (210,000 m²), four times the area of Windsor Castle."
    ------
    :king:
    source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malbork

I can make a proper icon for civilopedia - so just tell me which dimensions, format etc.
    Greets Dofik
    PS.
    I was there - This castle is anormous:yeah:
    This mod is great Thx.

6. sapon

sapon Chieftain

I've made some changes and balances to V. Soma's enhanced map. I felt that the barbarian cities could be strengthened a bit (city walls, trained archers). Also, the Papal states were hemmed in with nowhere to go on Italy (Naples).

Here are some of the changes I made:

Added Iceland with 2 fur
    All barbarian cities now have walls and one archer with lvl 3 city defense
    Many changes to Italy, all my games had Papal states as a non-factor. I deleted Naples and added Palermo on Sicily to allow them to expand some.
    Moved Athens to accurate location & adjusted rivers and geography in Greece for accuracy.
    Increased size of Cyprus
    Added barbarian city of Dardanelles (Gallipoli)
    Increased desert in North Africa

and more...I've included a change log with the map. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

7. Badmojo

Badmojo Chieftain

@ gunner concerning viking defeat of venetian..
    it wasn't venetian, but ventian a people living on an island called Ven?!:crazyeye:

i checket with my history teacher and he corrected me on a reading mistake...:blush:
    but viking are still cool, and no harm done, cause of your fine work with the UU's :goodjob:

8. Barak

Barak Emperor

It could be an interesting little war. Or, since they are both Germanic peoples, they could just share a mug of beer, grill up some bratwurst and spetzel, and bring the rest of europe under their heel!

Due to the limitations of my 3 year old machine, I put that game on hold for a few days. But never fear...the UPA will be back! I plan on trying a culture victory, but will shoot for the stars at the same time.

9. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Sapon, I will check that (when I have the time),
    gonna play a game perhaps with it :)

10. alinurdengizich

alinurdengizich Warlord

Thanks for your reply!

11. Edmund Fogg

Edmund Fogg Chieftain

This is an amazing mod. It is a completely different game experience. Congratulations and thanks for all of the good work. Amazing.

12. Heav

Heav Warlord

I have this in my civ4ws.
    I tried that with giving techs(communism+fascism) via civ4 editor on start game and I have not option Permanent Alliance in diplomacy screen:(.

I will post my hungarian story tommorow:).

13. California Love

But I still cant get to the point where I can get to the scenario files and edit then...PLEASE..can someone help??

14. California Love

Germany could take the North, and Austria could take the south...we would be unstoppable.

Anyway, in my game, I am going to go for a full on conquer every other nation victory. I have never actually finished a game where I have conquered everyone, so I think this is the game to do it in.

15. hamtastic

hamtastic Hamburglar

I'm trying to start up a succession game using the Europa Europa mod (each player plays a number of turns and upload the save, for those who don't know). I've gotten only one response over at the succession games forum, so I figured I might try here. Here's a link to the succession game thread. If you're interested, either PM me or sign up in that thread. I'd like about 4-5 more players.

16. Heav

Heav Warlord

Open your EE3 map.civ4ws with notepad.

17. California Love

Ah...got it, thanks...Alright I did that and changed city razing.

So now I CAN raze cities, but I still cant make permenant alliances...:confused:

18. TheDuckOfFlanders

TheDuckOfFlanders the fish collecter

I played the latest version in epic, but then i suddently had only 100 turns left while still in the middle ages.Can it only be played at regular speed or must i do something to play it epic?

19. ArbitraryGuy

ArbitraryGuy Rusty Shackleford?

As I've written about 4-5 times now, remove the MAXTURNS line from the scenario files.

20. Badmojo

Badmojo Chieftain

might wanna remove/change it in the one on first page or put a small note there...:D