1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. TheDuckOfFlanders

TheDuckOfFlanders the fish collecter

edit: found it in scenario file.I can't edit save files?

Sorry i havn't seen, but there about0 50 pages in this thread.If you had put that on the primary post of the first page i would have found it though!

2. ArbitraryGuy

ArbitraryGuy Rusty Shackleford?

Yeah, I should make a FAQ like that... but I too lazy ;)

3. Heav

Heav Warlord

On start was one city in central Europe named Buda, soon this city state settled down nect city(on south) and conquered Bucharest with brave warriors in chariots. Crusade against Barbarian was continuing, they taked Kiev. In same time best engineers and workers builded Stonehenge in Buda. After this big event this small state was building his natural borders:
    Buda->Kiev->Black sea->Jadran sea->Buda. In this time was meeting in the Debrecen, where highest priests gived to world new religion, which soon dominate in world. Than was build great wonder named: Oracle. Soon they had problem with that too much expansive polish, and get too big angry to declare war. In this 1st war in world with Iron and horses strong army of Hungaria razed city in heart of their state and took Gniezno. After war state was consolidated and build new army to next anti Barbarian crusade on south(greece), this crusade was succesfull: cities were resetlled. They ware building still bigger and bigger army, and King made meeting with vassals in capital city and put question: Which country? Vassals voted and result was Venice. So soon King declared war and Hungarian army crossed the borders and take offensive, but they had problem near Trieste, strong city with high walls and in hills, so they waited for new war machine: catapult, when they arrived army was celebrating and with good morale they took Trieste. After this, Polish surprised and declared war, but army on north was prepared and destroyed overhelming army of horse archers. King made big result, he took whole power into his arms: he took new title, Dictator. Offense in north Italy was continuing and best troops captured weak defended Venice. Now they are healing they wounds in Venice and they are going to continue in this attack.

To be countinue

4. mgdpublic

mgdpublic Warlord

Are all the coutries on essentially equal footing or are some techs only available to certain civs? I ask because the desription in your first post makes me think this is the case.

5. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

The countries are on an equal footing for the most part. The religious techs are tied to their historical members.

6. California Love

California Love Chieftain

It depends. With the exterior countries (Papal States, England) I had no problem expanding my borders and easily winning a peaceful diplomatic victory, in fact, I think I only went to war once, but it wasnt really as fun. Then, I played a third game, using the country of my families background (Prussia) in the heart of North Central Europe, wared the whole time, and while it was harder to expand (obviously) it was way more fun. So it just depends. If you want the easiest, I suggest an exterior country (Russia, England, or whatever), if you want the most fun, however, choose something like Prussia, Poland, Venice....etc (interrior countries=way more warring and fun).

7. MasterOfShogun

MasterOfShogun Chieftain

I playing the british in the original scenario but cant seem to recruit redcoats, is it supposed to be that way??

8. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

Yes, there are no UU's in the scenario now. I'm going to release a UU pack with 2 for each civ probably tommorow or maybe Sunday.

9. MasterOfShogun

MasterOfShogun Chieftain

Ahhh,,cool!!

10. hamtastic

hamtastic Hamburglar

Hey, not sure if this is in these threads somewhere, since I'm too lazy to read them all, but I had an idea about how to encourage other states to adopt different religions. Make it so that the effect of having a religion in your city changes when the shrine is built. Increase culture by one or something, but make it subtract one gold (or some other amount proportional to the city size) from the city. That way, it's more like the civilization that built the shrine is actually taking the gold from the other civs.

11. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

I love this scenario, and if it hasn't been suggested before I'd like to see the following:

- Cyprus increased in size to it's original proportions. It's 1/5th of original size.

- Galippoli (or Dardanelles) added to it's correct location as a barbarian city to allow ship movement between Black Sea and the Mediterranean.

- North African coast made less habitable and more resistant to early expansion of Iberian civilizations. This gives them too much power.

12. Brancaleone

Brancaleone Warlord

Is there a way to play random maps with this mod without the new resources?

In the scenario, theres no Opium, ivory etc on the european map so you have to get the monopoly wonders. But in random maps, all resources are there, on the map, so the monopoly wonders are kinda useless. That is fixable?

13. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Good mod! I especialy like colonization wonders.

14. mgdpublic

mgdpublic Warlord

So ArbitraryGuy, did you major in history in college? I'm impressed at your (and others) ability to take these abstract aspects of history and concretize them so well. My hats off to you.

15. Vohod

Vohod Chieftain

When i put this mod into the mods directory it says EE3 is an invalid directory, ignoring and starts the game w/o the mod loaded.

16. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

On Prince level, with the Iceland map, playing England

AD 500

After a war with Scotland that gained Glasgow in the north
    and secured us the bigger half of Britannia, we now captured Dublin…

So far we have Catholicism and the Shrine
    – it gives as of AD 500 an already hefty sum of 32 gold per turn.

We have Stonehange and the Iceland Colony.

What is in the world?
    I took a peek with Ctrl-W:

Barbarian cities are still, a lot of them:
    Amsterdam, Turin, Athens, Novgorod, Oslo – sized 3-4, with usually 3 units in them.
    In Africa, the four cities are size 3, roads are in between them, they build obelisk…

And the Empires:

Me, England, I have 5 cities – will have another 2 soon.

Scotland: 3 cities, maybe they will have one on Ireland.

Papal States is big: 4 in Italy, plus Sardinia and Perugia south France.

Venice is no smaller, made it to the eastern coast of the Adria:
    4 cities there, plus 2 in the north of Venice (7 in total).

Hungary made it to the Black Sea, Bucharest attached to their side (7 cities in total).

France is 5 cities, and now has a war with Castilia, and Ferdinand seems to have better luck.

Castilia is strong, with 6+1 cities now.
    Aragon is smaller with 5 – and none of the two Spanish made it to Africa yet.

The HRE seems weak, and Denmark, Prussia, Bohemia
    also not in the strong league (3-4 cities)

Poland and Litvania – two big ones in the east (6-8),
    Russia is now also of 8 citites.

Byzantine is in two parts, having 2 cities in the north coast of the Black Sea,
    plus 5 as core ones.

The Ottomans are losers (3+1 cities)

17. Thiek_nutkin

Thiek_nutkin Chieftain

Here, here! This would be a great way to further limit the East's dominance as they do still always win when i play.

18. sapon

sapon Chieftain

Tunch,

Good ideas all of them. I've implimented the following changes to my Iceland map located at the html link in my signature (p46):

-Cyprus, doubled size and put sheep on it.

- Agean and Black Sea opened to allow sea traffic. This is a tough decision and subject to change dependent on feedback. I gave the Byzantine one galley to start with to allow them to colonize Asia Minor. Also put a barbarian city (Dardanelles) in correct location.

- All barbarian cities (Including North Africa) have walls and one level 3 city defense archer to begin. This slows barbarian city capture to the middle or reneissance eras.

Cheers

19. Thiek_nutkin

Thiek_nutkin Chieftain

Is the update (with the civ-specific units) going to be part of AG's file or is someone else doing it/ already done so?
    On a less related topic, can anyone explain why after playing and saving a multiplayer game i lost all my saves including the multi one? It's bizarre and very annoying!

20. CMKMStephens

CMKMStephens Serious.

I've played this twice, both times as Holy Roman Empire, and it's been great fun on Marathon speed. After 500 years you pretty much have to smash your way out.

An amusing thing is that in my current game (1500, nearing the information age), I have only ever built two cities, all the rest I have conquered. At the start I built Aachen, then proceded to steal workers from Denmark and Prussia as well which gave me a decent boost from working the land. Soon after I built several archers and I conquered Amsterdam, and Bastel (both barbarian cities and built my second city to the left of Aachen.

Afterwards I quickly ran out of things to build and just pumped out endless chariots and conquered half of Prussia and Denmark (having culturally absorbed of of Prussias cities before hand).

Where I'm up to now, I have a 10 or so city sized block of all Germany and Denmark (having finished off denmark and prussia), as well as having conquered the barbarians of Ireland, and the Sweedish, I have a massive empire.

In my first game, catholocism spread to most civs, with the Ottomans and Byzentines both turning to Islam and Russia to Orthodox, and there was alot of tension and I was constantly being invaded by everyone around me. However in my second game, Catholocism spread to every single civ, and there was pretty much no war besides the many I started. Both times almost everyone hated Peter of Russia, and both times Venice became the most dominant power (after me).

Also, are there descriptions for the civic and wonders and etc, all I get is a '...'