1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. farolito

farolito Chieftain

EE extended version is - by now- the best modpack for CIV4, Gratulation and thx for many good hours of gaming !

2. JDexter

JDexter Prince

It's just sad that ArbitraryGuy stopped working on it - with the religion problem and no fine tuning I won't enjoy playing it again...
    Oh well, Fall from Heaven is great too and worked on a lot! :p

3. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

Ok, good luck on your next mod. This one has been a great gaming experience. :) Thanks.

4. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

I have downloaded and played your version. It's nice, but i think it should be easier to cross from Asia to Europe once you control any of the strait cutting cities; Constantinople and Gallipolis. So I think I would prefer a land connection with those two cities blocking the way. That way there's a land and sea route vertical and horizontally. But that's just my taste.

I have seen that you've buffed up Cyprus a little. It's good work but still not proportionate. Cyprus is the third largest island on the mediterranean after Sicily and Sardinia. So I made it five tiles instead of your three (which was one in the vanilla version). Thanks for all the work. :)

Any chance for a North Africa touch-up?

5. sapon

sapon Chieftain

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure how well the land divide would work out. It serves to isolate the Ottomans and Asia Minor. I've changed it back so that Constantinople and Dardanelles now act as the choke points to Asia Minor. I also updated the rivers for accuracy in Asia Minor.

I increased Cyprus to 5 tiles

I have increased the desert in North Africa and moved all the oil to geographically accurate location near Tunis. On the games I've played, most of the barbarian cities are still unconquered by the Reneissance period.

Enjoy

6. jberke23

jberke23 Chieftain

I love the mod, but there has to be a way to turn off the space race victory in the expanded scenario (and in any scenario for that matter) The space race victory is so narrow - either you go after it or you loose by it, no other options. Anyone have any ideas?

7. pason

pason Chieftain

Agree on that, in addition, cultural and score victory is also a bit lame. When i play EE then I only activate domination victory. Also diplomatic victory is a bit interesting because it is pretty hard to achieve.

So plz. Dipl/domination victory.

8. Tunch Khan

Tunch Khan King

Thanks a million :)

9. O.O. Howard

O.O. Howard Chieftain

This is the best mod. It isnt ruined by the fact that ArbitraryGuy wont be working on it.
    I have been playing the fantasy mod FfH. Very nice too. The best thing about it is they are doing interesting things which make me wonder... how to use some of their creativity to improve EE. I do not mean putting fantasy into EE. People are just coming up with neat ways to code/improve the game. In the months ahead there will surely be more tricks that people figure out to get certain aspects of warfare and such into their mods. EE will just stay as is, and in time it will not be the best mod anymore simply because it stopped incorporating new ideas.
    The problem is ...the EE project is finished. As individuals fiddle with EE and mod it a bit it might be improved but it is a 'splinter' mod. i am not one to shop/cut/paste different people's improvements of this mod into my EE file. i am glad just to get EE to work at all. Unless the boss updates the download button on page one i am not gonna mess with mods of this mod.
    So now I wonder... could AG do his orphaned children a favor and appoint a new EE project leader? This would bring focus and stability and a hope of progress. It should be someone who he trusts, who can 'code', and who is sorta conservative( i mean someone who wants to conserve the greatness of EE and wont add stuff that doesnt solidly improve the game for everyone who plays it.
    Let us all thank AG for making EE. Lets not hear any more 'AG is leaving so now EE is no good'. But lets ask for one more favor.. that AG appoint a successor-caretaker who could start a new thread.

I remain Your Obedient Servant,

O.O. Howard

10. California Love

California Love Chieftain

How can I make it so I can play Europa Europa on an LAN game with my friend on the other computer in my house? I have played regular CIV LAN, but I cannot figure out how to do it on this one.

Or, if that is not possible, just how do you switch it to multiplayer for the internet.

11. Gladi

Gladi The ignored thread killer

Bright day
    I am playing game as Castille (prince, normal) and by researching council of Nicea I ensured that east europe is orthodox :lol:. Turks have just captured Constantinopol and reduced Byzantines to Crimea (they got help some help from barbs who raised at least one Byz city, and one at souther straights at that :(). Peter is most powerfull, then Venice (catholic), Rome (orthodox!:eek:), France and Lithuania. Out of that are Ottomans as I have not made contact with them.

I got terrible surprise when Barbarossa declared war on me and razed my largest city:(. I was ven more surprised when I found his hinterlands defended by 40+ horse archers... Thankfully I had stalwart ally in France and got city out of it.

Certainly different game then usuall so far.

12. sapon

sapon Chieftain

Goto your Civ4/Publicmaps folder and open the Europa Europa map using notebook. At the top of the file will be a line saying Victory=Victory_Space_race. Delete it and any other victory conditions you want removed.

Cheers

13. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Hi, folks!

I played a game on Sapon's new Iceland Map, with UUs, normal speed, Prince.

I was England.

I won the game in 1920 with a Diplo Victory, after many unsuccessful votes.

I am happy to report that England can have a win with lands only in Great Britain... and Iceland.

One of the main reasons was for me to play this game was to try out Sapon's map.

Now, I was happy to find that Byzantines was the greatest power (after me)!
    Also, Rusia was NOT the greatest, even after the capture of Lithuania late in the game - only in population.
    The two Italian states were big, but not overwhelming.

Those are the positive findings.

Negative:

- In F8 I found the game has something like 6800 (!!!) turns
    (I played NORMAL speed...)

- Is it OK that there is NO Space Race?

- After the Internet I had the Great Schism :)
    (now, that is funny but then again... what?)

Didi anybody has the same issues?

14. V. Soma

Sapon, can you explain the pic below? Is this intended? :)

When playing my map, everything is OK in F8 conditions, but when playing yours:

Attached Files:

15. Heav

Heav Warlord

Hi, I am playing my first Monarch game as Venice:

Whole game I am leader tech(surprise:eek: ), maybe because cottage spam made some work:) .I have only Italian Pensisula+islands around+1city under Prague+next on adrianatic coast:). I have only 5 wonders(4 wonders was builded 1-2 turns before me:crazyeye: ) When I saved that, I had 4-6 tech advatange vs. the best AI(Mathias), whole world is Catholic(only Peter and Justinian are Orthodox) and since I have catholic shrine I am runing on 90%science/10%culture:cool:(+50 GPT) .

16. Lunar Fang

Lunar Fang Chieftain

This is really GREAT MOD!!!

I've palyed Polish Kingdom :D and I go with my warrior to south (to greek world) there I've found tribal village and after visiting it I recived SETTLER :p
    It is really interesting way to victory..suround bohemians and hungarians and recive they villages by culture :D

I love this mode...keep working under it :D

Ps. maybe you will add greek empire? because this barbarians in this area are too powerfull in the begining :/ and is really hard to develop your empire if you start near them... you must still produce combat units, so other empires have better technology and more teritory.... :p (This is really big problem in harder dificulty modes)

17. jberke23

jberke23 Chieftain

Outstanding! Thanks a bunch! Now I can play out my dreams of world conquest.

18. Laze

Laze Chieftain

I love this mod! But I would love it even more, if Norway was a civ insted of sweeden or Denmark....

19. V. Soma

An I can make Sapon's map back to how it was with the original EE conditions :)

20. Cai

Cai Chieftain

This mod looks awesome, but I can't get it to work.

This may seem silly, but in the readme it says NOT in MyGames, but I don't see anywhere else to put it. I have a different mod (Fall From Heaven) that's there and it works fine. Help?

(Also, 100th post. Woot!)