1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. California Love

California Love Chieftain

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea except for Egypt. That would require totally changing the map as their currently is no Egyptian land. Basically not a good idea. What the hell is the Levant?

2. Jagdtiger

Jagdtiger Chieftain

I'm new to mods and to these forums, but I found this amazing mod but I have a simple problem.

I have the white flag problems as mentioned in his initial post. :confused: I don't understand how to fix it though. It says to just 'try' those downloads. I downloaded them and not sure what to do. One of the folders is named 'Assets', which can replace a folder already in the Mod folder, is this supposed to happen? Where do they go exactly? How do you put them in correctly? Srjann mentions 'Alpha channel flags' that AG posted. What is that? Can somebody help me with this? Im looking forward to trying this mod but I don't want to start without corrected flags.:confused: Could somebody either explain to me how to do this in detail or just link some more detailed instructions? Thanks a lot guys, the Mod looks amazing. Europe maps are what makes Civ4 so amazing.

3. Der_Meister

Der_Meister Chieftain

Merging Castille with Aragon would create Spain... but is included in the original pack. Portugal was part of Castille until the finish of the 16th century (more or less).
    For making the dates fit, If you play with Castille, think Portugal is in it. If you create Spain, think you've got place for ^Portugal.

4. Barak

Barak Emperor

In most of my games, the first civ out is one of the Germanic nations. Bohemia, Prussia or HRE usually get swallowed by the others. Hungary is often one of the leaders as there is plenty of room for them to expand on the map.

A good argument can be made for several civs that were not included. Portugal, Holland, Austria all made important contributions to European development. Hopefully someone with more skill that I have will be able to add/change this great mod to allow the addition of these civs.

Of course with the hard cap of 18 civs in any game it would be impossible to add any civs without having to remove some....

5. Leif

Leif Prince

If the 18 civ cap were lifted I think there would be far greater oppertunity to add in nations left out, such as Portugal, however in the game's current incarnation, I am quite content. Maybe somtime over the summer somebody, maybe even me, might put the game on a different map, however the game as is is pleasing enough to me.

If we were to switch to a Mediterranian cenric map I think we'd have to cut out Denmark or Sweeden to add in Carthy and Egypt. Although it would be good to have more Muslim Nations to create even more religious conflict. the Spainish vs the Moors would be a great conflict.

Also, I or someone elese may have asked this question before, but why isn't Judaism included?

6. Nadin Bytefelt

Nadin Bytefelt Chieftain

What have to do Carthy and Egypt whit Europa Europa: European Empires Mod ?
    Egypt ist not a Europa contry.... And have not a history importance for Europa...

have a good day nace mod.

7. California Love

Thats simple and has nothing to do with prejudece. Even though Judaism has been in Europe for longer than Christianity, no nation ever made it their state religion....

Hes not denying that Judaism has been in Europe longer than Christianity, hes just saying that in a nation-state aspect...Judaism isnt even relevant...

8. California Love

Well dont add Holland because theres no one to really subtract from the game.

But for Portugal and Austria, its simple.

Take out Bohemia...which isnt even that important...replace it with just Prague...which is important, just make it barbarian. This creates space for Austria.

Next, make one Spanish civilization and one Portugese civilization instead of the two Spanish ones that are present now. Unfortunatly its easier said than done because my technical skills that would actually allow me to physically do this are virtually...eh...nonexistant.

9. Jagdtiger

Jagdtiger Chieftain

Any help guys? Should I just put it all in the EE3 folder and allow the second link to replace the Assets?

10. Barak

Barak Emperor

The real question is: since AG is no longer working on the mod, who will update it when the next patch comes out!

11. Drogear

Drogear Prince

Where does the new versions of this mod get posted since the original modder isnt envolved enymore?

12. O.O. Howard

O.O. Howard Chieftain

This is a good question. basically various people add some stuff and you can put it in too if you like. That is not much of a process.

Beg Arbitrary Guy to come back and work on this some more. i do it every few weeks....

13. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

If you do anything related to the mod you can pm AG about it and he will put it up on the front page. He might update it when the new patch comes out, it should be pretty easy to do for youself, though.

14. Drogear

Drogear Prince

hm if there is some modders working on this mod they should perhaps make a new treat, it would be easier to spot new realises and stuff.

15. Rakird

Rakird Chieftain

Can I possible play the mod in conquest victory condition, instead of time?

thx :)

16. surferjmb7

surferjmb7 Chieftain

:crazyeye: I LIKE IT!!!! but i have to load it through my public maps folder to get the original map?( it works.)THANKS:goodjob: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

17. Hazardius

Hazardius Chieftain

I have one question/problem. In half of game - i have maceman, game end... :/ Black screen & window with "Sorry for problems... blebleble"... Is it popular problem?

18. Pedrocid

Pedrocid Chieftain

what happened to Portugal?

19. Pedrocid

Pedrocid Chieftain

what???????????????????'
    Portugal is an independent kingdom since 1143.. this is a joke!

20. Love

Love Deity

why not have judaism in EE4 or something...