1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Prussia

Prussia Chieftain

Hi,

I have used WinZip to unzip the file, and a screen pops up with all of the files, like EE3 and all that stuff, but how do I put it in /mods/folder?
    I mean, what do you mean by not putting it in "My Games," because that's the only place to put it.

Also, I have done everything you said and everything works but when I go to Load A Mod and load the EE3 mod, and the game restarts, there is no scenario there. If I try to play a regular game, all of the civs from the scenario are there, but where is the scenario?

Please help.

2. Prussia

Prussia Chieftain

Is anyone there?

3. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

Look under something like:
    C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods

Thats where you should put the EE3 folder (there should be some other folders in there already like Greek World and American Revolution.)

4. Prussia

Prussia Chieftain

Thank you Thank You Thank you Thank you!!!!!

You're the best, gunner!!!! :D :D :D :D :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :king: :king: :king:

5. Prem Sattva

Prem Sattva Chieftain

You all know your work is fantastic so you don't need me hammering it in another time. One problem I've had when trying to play the Expanded Scenario, however, is that while the civilisations and map load, I start in 4000 BC and every single civilisation has one starting city.

Surely this should start in the High Middle Ages with some nations already built up?

6. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

The mod is meant to start in 4000 BC, you didn't do anything wrong :). Check out some of the scenarios made for EE3 in the Scenarios forum, there might be one already made which fits what you just requested.

7. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

Is there someone that can take your place as you can deal with your real-world obligations? I suggest we need a temporary leader that know how to mod and lead this mod like you did.

8. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

Well that would obviously be Arbitary Guy's descision since its his mod. As I see it, the mod is in a finished state and doesn't really need a new person to continue improving it. What was it exactly that you want to do? I don't think anyone would stop you from improving it as you see fit and releasing it to the public. AG still stops by sometimes so you could pm him or something.

9. Civ.exe Error

Civ.exe Error RoZpierdalacz

Is there a way to change the turns of this scenario? now its like 400 something and that is not much. Anyone knows? let me know

10. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

Go to your C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps folder.
    Now open up whatever map file (.wbs) you are planning to play the mod (probably either Europa Europa 3 - Expanded Scenario.wbs or Europa Europa 3 - Original Scenario.wbs) with either notepad or wordpad. Go to the 15th line which defines the maximum number of turns. Put it up as high as you'd like, something such as 1000. Don't forget to save when you're done.

The reason this bug comes up is because the mod was originally made with just the normal game speed in mind, in which case the 460 turns it is defaulted to would be fine. The problem comes when you want to play on the epic game speed or marathon which would require more than 460 turns.

Hope this helps :)

11. Civ.exe Error

Civ.exe Error RoZpierdalacz

Thank you Gunner for this excellent tip, now I can play for thousands of turns on this without doubt best scenario ever. :)

12. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

This mod/scenerio is AMAZING. What was done with all the tech and civic changes is nothing short of incredible. I have spent many hours with this mod. I love the various knights used in the game with their different qualities and strengths.

The colonizing techs....WOW...great job.

After placing the "Tech Slow Mod" and "Tech Conquest" into this mod's respecitve folders, I experienced a heightened experienced gameplay.

Amazing Job !!!

13. Kushan

Kushan Warlord

This has probably been asked before, but I really dont want to search for it at the moment.

Will this mod work with the latest patch?

Sory for such a n00b question but I havent been around these forums in a long time.

Thanks,

Kushan

14. Leif

Leif Prince

Mostly form what I've read, however apparently some things arn't working perfectly.

I suppose we'll just have to try.

15. Dionysius

Dionysius Emperor

suggestion:
    in order to make conversion to the protestant denomination more likely,
    couldnt certain civs be given building modifiers for protestant churchs?
    or perhaps extra happiness from them. ditto for other religions.

and another thing, why do the swedes talk in an american accent?
    fix the unitsounds.

excellent mod!

16. dinamo_18

dinamo_18 Chieftain

WHAT!!! You have multiple knights in the game??? I only have one and the original one that came with the game. Does this MOD also offer new units to be installed like other knights and units (crusaders)? Someone please reply.

This is by far the best MOD made for the game.

17. dinamo_18

dinamo_18 Chieftain

Never mind I just saw it. It was an addition made by Gunner right?

This MOD is great and its the only thing I have been playing for CivIV. Id like to see a scenatio where it only takes place in the middle ages, with different kind of swordsman, knights and so on. I just dont like when Aragon or the Holy Roman Empire start making tanks and airplanes. Thats just according to me, many probably do like it. So if anyone wants to make a scenario where the game only takes places from the stone age up to the middle ages, it would be great.

18. joelock85

joelock85 Chieftain

hi yeah theres an add on by a third party link below

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3640097&postcount=941

19. joelock85

joelock85 Chieftain

:blush: nevermind youve already seen it opps

20. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Haven't looked at your mod yet but i saw in another section you asked for some flag info, what exactly do you need, or has it been taken care of??