Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

(Boy, if the title of this post doesn't draw attention...):p

EE is still my favorite mod... 12 tons of fun! There just continues to be this one big issue.

Religion.

Specifically the fact that Catholicism spreads early in the game and simply dominates the continent. This is a shame since the designer has added some pretty cool "religions"- Orthodoxy and Reform for example- that just don't get much play time.

While grokking this problem, I noticed this game value tucked away in the Civ4ReligionInfo xml file called <iSpreadFactor>. It's set at 100 for each of the religions in this scenario.

Does anyone know or understand how the <iSpreadFactor> value works?

If it does reflect the spread of religion, would setting Catholicism lower and the later religions much higher restore the religion balance problem?

Would love to hear folks sound in on this one... this is the one big issue that keeps this from being the PERFECT mod.

abilard said:
(Boy, if the title of this post doesn't draw attention...):p

EE is still my favorite mod... 12 tons of fun! There just continues to be this one big issue.

Religion.

Specifically the fact that Catholicism spreads early in the game and simply dominates the continent. This is a shame since the designer has added some pretty cool "religions"- Orthodoxy and Reform for example- that just don't get much play time.

While grokking this problem, I noticed this game value tucked away in the Civ4ReligionInfo xml file called <iSpreadFactor>. It's set at 100 for each of the religions in this scenario.

Does anyone know or understand how the <iSpreadFactor> value works?

If it does reflect the spread of religion, would setting Catholicism lower and the later religions much higher restore the religion balance problem?

Would love to hear folks sound in on this one... this is the one big issue that keeps this from being the PERFECT mod.

:goodjob: I'm glad people are still enjoying my mod.

I believe that the SpreadFactor does affect religion spread speed. Try giving it a lower value for Catholicism, maybe 50-80, leaving the other religions the same.

You could also give the Catholic tech a later <AndPreReqs>. For example, in CIV4TechInfos.xml change Catholic tech's

<AndPreReqs>
<PrereqTech>TECH_WRITING</PrereqTech>
</AndPreReqs>

to

<AndPreReqs>
<PrereqTech>TECH_PHILOSOPHY</PrereqTech>
</AndPreReqs>

This would make Catholicism appear later and, thus, have less of an edge.

Good luck:)

Well, changing <iSpreadFactor> did indeed change the spread of religion... but I overdid it a bit.

With the value of Catholicism adjusted down to 20, Orthodoxy (still at 100) is "all the rage" about half-way through the game. In other words, a more modest adjustment (as you suggested) to about 75 for Catholicism would do the trick (and adjusting Protestantism and Reform up to 125 of course).

I'm also interested in opening up Islam, Protestanism, and Reform faith to more civs to add more variety... I'll keep the community posted on my religious experiments.:)

Looking forward to hearing the results of your balancing act. This religion quandry is the main reason I don't play this mod very often; found catholicism and you've got it made and you can always be the first to do it if you want to be. Once you've got a version you think is best, I intend to follow your lead and make the changes to my own. So yeah, keep us updated!

Hey, nice mod. I downloaded and played one of your eariler versions and liked it. As soon as i finish playing FfH ill download the newer verion (or maybe i should say when i get the time to :lol: ) and see what has been changed/added/removed. Anyway, keep up the good work!

~civKid~

Just to report a possible bug. In my game, Islam hasn't been founded by the ottomans but by another still unkown nation. I had the "Islam has been founded in a distant city" message. Since I only lack communication with the English and the Scots, I guess they are the ones who researched the tech. On the other hand, I have been playing the Byzantine and from the start went toward the Orthodoxy tech, so most of the world is orthodox now, except a few nations in the west. Even Rome is orthodox and the Papal States have converted to orthodoxy. That was quite funny. Of course, it might be because I'm playing on noble difficulty and I added the revolution, barb rebellion and autoplay mod components (by JDog500).

I set Catholicism to 50, Orthodox to 75, Islam to 100, and Protestant and Reform to 125. Catholicism still dominated all but Ottomans and Russia but it might have been because I built that religious structure at the founder of Catholicism.

hi all
Great mod, i've been playing it since the first release...

I purchased Warlords yesterday ; I know, I'm pretty impulsive.
Could you tell me if there is there a way to play EE with the Warlords enhancements (vassality, great generals, etc.) ?
I don't know much about modding...

Thanks

nino.scibetta said:
hi all
Great mod, i've been playing it since the first release...

I purchased Warlords yesterday ; I know, I'm pretty impulsive.
Could you tell me if there is there a way to play EE with the Warlords enhancements (vassality, great generals, etc.) ?
I don't know much about modding...

Thanks

A lot of work would have to be done. What exactly? I don't know, because I don't have Warlords and I have no plans to buy it. If somebody wants to make a warlords version, I'll post it on the first post.

doronron said:
Hey, do you mind checking your link? I've tried to download several times and the download never starts -- it just times out.

Thanks.

That's my brother's website... looks like he doesn't maintain it. I could still download the file, though. Try searching google for the mod, as it has been mirrored in quite a few places.

This mod gets a 10/10 for me. However, the leaderheads graphics look a little morphed or something.

This a map of Europe in 1812.Napoleon is invading Russia and Great Britain is invading Portugal.The nations are:
France*
Italian states*
Kingdom of Naples*
Poland Duchy*
Prussia#
Russia#
Great Britain#
Sweden-Norway#
Austria#
Ottoman Empire
Equpt
Tunis
Morocco
(*)= Rhine Alliance
(#)= 6th Anti-French Coalition
The Rhine Alliance is at war with the 6th Coalition and Tunis and Egypt are revolting against the Ottoman empire.
Link to download:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/1812_Europe.zip
IMPORTANT: IT NEEDS EE3 MOD TO WORK

EE3 is the nemesis of all my free time. I was totally ready to round-bin Civ4 altogether for being an unrealistic cartoony kid's game UNTIL I came across this mod. Oh... my... what an interesting set of realistic problems there are to solve here! Like, how to win as Sweden, eh?

Hats off to the creator here! Hope to see more good work like this for other parts of the world, etc., if possible. I promise to bow and grovel as payment... ;)

This game seriously need to be updated or abandon, cause this game have not been updated for almost a year, which sucks and a waste of space as well. Please update this game to our current version, or just freakin recreate this mod for Warlords that people wanted. Doing so will allow you to retain your fame and mod.

brento1138 said:
This mod gets a 10/10 for me. However, the leaderheads graphics look a little morphed or something.

Thanks, I glad you like it. :)

Skallagrimson said:
Hats off to the creator here!

Thanks, I'm glad people still enjoy this :goodjob:

darkedone02 said:
This game seriously need to be updated or abandon, cause this game have not been updated for almost a year, which sucks and a waste of space as well. Please update this game to our current version, or just freakin recreate this mod for Warlords that people wanted. Doing so will allow you to retain your fame and mod.

So... this is sucks and is a waste of space? That's a nice thing to say. Seems to me that people still enjoy this.

This won't be updated because:
1) I don't have time to mod right now
2) I don't want to buy Warlords right now

I hope you can understand this. Seems reasonable to me.

If I'm not mistaken, you can still run vanilla with warlords installed, and, thus, can still play this if you have warlords (just start up the vanilla .exe not warlords).

California Love said:
How can I make it so I can play Europa Europa on an LAN game with my friend on the other computer in my house? I have played regular CIV LAN, but I cannot figure out how to do it on this one.

Or, if that is not possible, just how do you switch it to multiplayer for the internet.

Quoted because nobody replied to it. Can someone please help me out?

Top Bottom