1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Skallagrimson

Skallagrimson Deity

I don't know how either, but I'm similarly interested in seeing if this can be done.

2. Old Prussia

Old Prussia Chieftain

Hi ArbitraryGuy,

Is your Europa Europa: European Empires Mod also working with Patch 1.61 ?

Regard Old Prussia

3. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Normally none will reply if you do not provide any clues on what's wrong. This mod works in multiplayer and in LAN in the same way all other mods or the regular game does, so since you know how to play regular civ in LAN and can't do it with EE3 we need to know what's wrong or it's hard to give an answer.

4. ArbitraryGuy

ArbitraryGuy Rusty Shackleford?

Sorry... Yeah, my brother removed his website. Try googling it, there are several mirrors (but they may be earlier versions). I can't post it right now, so if anyone has EE3 the lastest patch, let me know and we can upload it here once and for all.

As far as I know, yes.

Sorry, I don't know. You may want to try asking in a new thread in the main creation and customization forum, as more people will read your question there. Good luck :goodjob:

5. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Hmmmm, I KNOW I have EE3, but am not sure which version I have. Tell you what, if it is a 1.61 version, I will definitely upload it here before the end of the day!

Aussie_Lurker.

6. jimkirk

jimkirk Prince

can it also work with warlords? will there be a warlords evrsion?

7. Ket

Ket Composite Of A Composite

Its been said a million times no warlords version... Unless someone wants to pick up the mod and convert it...

8. Skallagrimson

Skallagrimson Deity

So far the most frustrating and challenging faction I've been playing in EE3 (original mod) is the Germans. Boxed in on all sides, no "liebensraum" to expand peacefully, and all the neighbors, even the Polish, seem to rocket into their tech advances quicker. The only hope I've discovered is to found Catholicism, spam missionaries, and use diplomacy to prevent invasion, then wait for PERFECT opportunities to invade a neighbor (e.g., if the Russians invade Poland, that's the launch signal to go in from the other end but KEEP THE OTHER CATHOLICS HAPPY!)

Even on Noble EE3 plays more like Monarch in "normal" civ! Fantastic!

9. Leif

Leif Prince

As the Prussians I typically whipe out either Denmark or Bohemia as quick as possible then found Catholicism.

As Scotland I rush England, then go on to pwninate France and Sweden

10. Grabnar

Grabnar Warlord

I agree that Germany is very tough to play since it has no natural features to prevent invasion...mountains, ocean, ect. I played Italy before & that works out pretty well. I built three cities up north & used the Alps to block invaders. :D

11. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

This is sweet. I'm studying crap like this in my western civ II class right now.

Did you put in the idea of one state(city) - one religion.

Where if say London is Catholic and then Reformed takes over in London, London no longer has Catholicism. Or would London have both like in the regular game?

12. sakesniper

sakesniper Chieftain

the dowload link is also not working for me. is there somewhere else to get this?

13. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

Can you play this mod and play the regular game at the same time? How does all that work?

14. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Well, I have found that my version is compatible with 1.52, but it SEEMS to function OK with v1.61. So, as long as Arbitrary Guy has no objections-I would be happy to upload it here for people to get.

Aussie_Lurker.

15. ArbitraryGuy

ArbitraryGuy Rusty Shackleford?

Please do, Aussie_Lurker... and I'll also copy the link to the first post.

Thanks a bunch :goodjob:

16. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

No, problem AG. Its my pleasure to share this AMAZING mod with as many people as possible :). In fact, if I had more time, I would love to update it for Warlords. I know that CivicsInfo.xml would need to be changed, but am uncertain about what else would need to be altered.

Anyway, you can get it from here guys:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/33710/EE3.zip

Aussie_Lurker.

17. Skallagrimson

Skallagrimson Deity

Yeah, AIs don't seem to "gun for" Italy as much as they do Germany, and the Alps are a good natural shield--just one exposed hilltop in the center north, and hold the line at Venice and Genoa, and you're safe by land.

For Germany in the game I'm in right now, the whole world was "way too peaceful" so I couldn't gang up on France or Poland right away with a larger civ (normally I like to sandwich France with Spain invading them from the south, or Poland with Russia invading them from the east, or if Sobieski's stupid enough to try to tangle with Austria), so rather than let my armies sit idle and get obsolete, I loaded them up into ships and tried to take down Sweden. That was much easier said than done, and the "prize" of all that effort was 1 fur, 1 stone (I already had the whale from the far northwest of Norway), and enough distraction and diverted attention to where my western land defense had lagged, such that Napoleon decided it was time to invade with gigantic stacks of knights and catapults.

I had just gotten Chemistry so initially I just spammed Grenadiers to defend western cities, then I replaced all my longbows elsewhere with Grens and used the longbows as terrain defenders in the west. That slowed down Nap's invasion while I researched Mil Tradition, and got some Cavalry into the mix to basically make all his armies dead-stop at the traditional France-Germany border, but I wasn't powerful enough to fully take him down in a counteroffensive, so now the typical game fate I can see it:

1. "Peace through strength" on all sides, nobody really powerful enough to take down anyone else.

2. Italy wins space race... again.

Back to the drawing board for Germany! Next time, Sweden's not an option as an invasion target! More likely France, as it's either I invade them, or get invaded BY them.

18. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

Can this game play on the patch version 1.61 or ONLY 1.52?

Also, the download link isn't currently working.

19. Skallagrimson

Skallagrimson Deity

I've played it for weeks now on 1.61, no problems at all.

20. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

Alright thanks for answering. But the download link still doesnt work haha.