1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Try mine for the time being DrewTate, couple of posts up ;).

Aussie_Lurker.

2. ArbitraryGuy

ArbitraryGuy Rusty Shackleford?

Thanks again, Aussie_Lurker. I've posted a link to this new uload in the first post. So, the file should be downloadable from the first post again.

As for Warlords, I'm not sure about what a conversion would entail. I don't have Warlords and I don't plan on getting it anytime soon. Feel free to make it Warlords compatible, if you wish.

3. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

1. Put the "EE3" folder in /Mods/ folder (not the one in My Games!!!)
    **I downloaded it to my desktop and it didn't create a folder. It hhad the piece of paper with the metal thing on it and when you open it it brings up winzip. There is no .exe file in all the files there, either.
    2. Put both *.Civ4WBS files in the /PublicMaps/ folder (not the one in My Games!!!)
    **Of all those files there are zero .Civ4WBS files.
    --------------------------------------------------

Got anything to help me get this? Do i need winrar?

4. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Actually. Problem #2 is entirely my fault-my apologies-I forgot to include the Worldbuilder maps in my upload. So VERY SORRY. Here is the new version of the upload WITH the maps included. Please forgive me :mischief:.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/33710/EE3.zip

Aussie_Lurker.

5. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

So i dunno if you guys saw my post or not.

there is nothing to extract when u download that file and there are no .civ4wbs files.

there is no .exe and it doesnt make a folder either

6. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Hi DrewTate. I did get your message-my reply is above. Click on the above link and it should work (I just double checked it, and it worked for me!) Also, this zip file now does contain the two relevent European maps (regular and extended)-you can find this in the WorldBuilder folder, but you will probably want to move the files to PublicMaps.
    Hope this helps.

Aussie_Lurker.

7. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

Edit2: I figured it out haha. But is there a Europe map to play it on? Or do I just do the random maps the computer generates? Or what?

8. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

OK, very simple procedure.

1) Click on the link above. Select save (if you don't have winzip, I suggest you grab it from somewhere first ;) ).

2) Click on the saved .zip file, and select the path you want it to download in. It MAY be necessary to create an EE3 folder, but I don't think so.

3) Click unzip, and this should unzip all the files and their associated folders.

4) Go into the Worldbuilder folder in EE3, move the extended and regular EE3 saves into publicmaps.

5) For direct access to a game, double click on one of these two .sav files (you know, the one with a greek helmet on it ;) ).

This should get you into a game.

EDIT: Just saw your second edit. Like I said, those two .savs contain the European maps. You have two choices, you can either shift those two into the .../SidMeierCivilizationIV/civ4Saves/Worldbuilder folder OR shift them into .../SidMeierCivilizationIV/Mods/PublicMaps.

Then, either launch a standard game-in which case you want to click "Single Player", then "Load Game", then select the folder which contains the .sav files I mention OR you can simply launch an EE3 game straight from your hard drive by double-clicking one of the .sav files I mentioned. Please tell me that makes sense ;).

Aussie_Lurker.

9. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

Hey buddy thanks for your help. I put those into the public maps folder and got the mod to load and went to single player -> play secnario and such and then it lets me only pick from :

France, Russia, Germany, and Spain.

Sorry I have a new problem for ya but what should I do now?

10. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

My feeling is this-go with my instructions and you should be right. i.e. your best bet is to double-click on the .sav file and go from there. This should give you the whole range of options.

Aussie_Lurker.

11. DrewTate

DrewTate Prince

alright i got it to work. and its sweet. i started as spain. the spanish peninsula is pretty big, too.

i took porto and lisbon from the barbs and founded catholocism which the french, italians, and british all follow now.

12. Skallagrimson

Skallagrimson Deity

I finally got Germany to win. All it really took was a muscular enough defensive army in the west to *prevent* a Napoleon invasion, and at a certain point Poland got so weak that it would have been ridiculous not to invade, so I helped myself to most of Poland's cities faster than Russia was taking them. The mutual military struggle kept me on good terms with Peter; same religion kept Metternich happy; Napoleon was still too outgunned to think about invading (nice "Maginot line" full of riflemen staring at his knights!), and that gave me enough land mass to focus on tech advances and the economy, and I was able to get ahead of Austria by a nose for the space race win.

Only two civs left to win this as: Poland and Sweden. Poland seems deceptively easy so far due to the -50% upkeep cost and plenty of room to spam cities into, but the first time I tried it, Russia reminded me that each city on the eastern border needs a SOLID defensive force. And there's no iron (hehe). Interesting problem.

I LOVE this scenario!!!

13. Grabnar

Grabnar Warlord

Arbitrary Guy, I know you said you have no interest in a warlords conversion but have you ever given any consideration to making other regional mods like south america, africa or asia? Of course, I know your great colonial system would be difficult to implement since those regions never really produced the colonial powers of the world. :D

14. ArbitraryGuy

Thanks, I'm glad people still enjoy this.

In modding, I try to stick with what I know (European History, civics). The next mod I'm working on is the 19th Centruy Europe mod (check my signature for the link to the corresponding thread). However, real life obligations/time-constraints have slowed down my progress with that for the time being. It will be completed someday.

15. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

@ AG (Arbritrary Guy): I LOVE YOUR MOD...can't stop playing with it... most recently, have converted it into warlords, by way of incorporating it as the cornerstone for my personally suited mod. Have built it on Amra's recent Warlords Version... so... it can of course be made WArlords compatible. In the version I have made, I sidestepped the original LH's only because of little extra time it would take to attribute the diplomacy tags so as to properly reflect the vassal relations of history.

To this end, Sadly, My CROATIA, would obviously have to be vassaled to Hungary (early European History). But, that is the beauty of Sid's Game and AG's Mod: Croatia doesn't have to be vassaled to anyone- (at least not on monarch level) Oh please don't be impressed with the skill level here, I have tweaked the research back to 105 percent while implementing THE MOST IMPORTANT PYTHON ADDITION (my humble opinion): JZoC Mod v0.1 by Jeckel
    (A simple Zone of Control)- without this mod, I wouldn't be able to compete with the A1...I know, I know, I know: "but the A1 doesn't build Forts... Ya but the Human doesn't pour out more units and higher research rates ... SO...in short: I am having one hell of a time playing ARBITRARY GUYS mod built on Amra's/ other people contributing buildings, LH, and units.

@ AG: without your mod, I dare say, that I would have more sleep...Buddy YOU/your mod are THE ...BEST !!!.. the work you did with the TGA files: wow ! I put in the attitude icons... and they look great next to the religious icons...

Check out the screenies...I hope they are all there...

THANK YOU AG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

16. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

Attached here is the screen icons I mentioned above...the limit of 5 files prevented it from being made viewable the first time...

@ fellow civ fanatics: take care...

Attached Files:

17. Nachos

Nachos SEMPER IDEM

i really wish there would be a warlords version of this mod :(

18. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

I really wish I was good enough at modding to do it. I don't understand why so few people have got Warlords. I would have thought that vanilla civ modding and map making would come to a halt by now. One of the promised upgrades for the next Warlords patch is for civ world builder files to be compatable.

19. ArbitraryGuy

As soon as I buy it, another expansion will come out that will include Warlords, too. Example: Civ3:pTW and Civ3:Conquests... I'm glad I just waited for Conquests.

20. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

@amazing

Why not post your mod and not just the screenies? I'd love to give it a try.