1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by ArbitraryGuy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

@ davbenbak:

I am working very hard on a mod which merges Arbitrary Guy', Amra's and Ganart's Extended Mod while tweaking LH flavour and attributes to effect a VERY VERY realistic religious spread and MOST importantly, ensuring that the units pour out of technologies at realistic times. To this end, I am having alot of success.

In short: hang tight. I hope to have this done by Christmas or early next year... Sorry :sad: . I need to polish the atlas, tga and other files to make it presentable... when this is done, then I will post it.

BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER, this will be merged mods- not my mod...yes my mod in the sense that I will be remixing what has already been BEAUTIFULLY PACKAGE by the aforementioned Modders. I just always wanted to play my favorite three mods in one package. Now I am and soon YOU will also.

I am sure Sid Meirers plays AG's EE3 mod alot... I certainly do... I sympathize with you on not being able to vassal or warlord the EE3 mod... but I or someone else will step up soon.

Like I alluded to above, the timinng of wars and border clashes greatly affects realism. I found this out through many trial games. (MANY MANY TRIALS !)

For example, I find it best to have open borders and tech trading at Alpabet Tech, because with aggressive A1 on monarch/prince engaged, the A1 will slaughter the human, unless time allows the bordering civs to have their cultures envelope the human area enough that allow you to build research instead of constantly fighting wars. This way, all I have to worry about before open borders is Border Clashes. As for Tech Trading at Alphabet, I view tech trading as a weopon more than anything. Nothing like throwing a tech to the neighbor of your warring enemy. This just like in history helped ensure survival.

I have also had to add techs to increase realism... lots more to polish...(see attached screenie for preview)

Be patient and very thankful for modders like ARBTRARY GUY, AMRA and GANART. I can't wait to see AG's next project.

Attached Files:

2. ArbitraryGuy

ArbitraryGuy Rusty Shackleford?

3. ms2050

ms2050 Chieftain

A very great mod.

4. Amazing Game

Amazing Game Chieftain

@ Arbitrary Guy:

Out of the utmost respect for you and your AMAZING mod (EE3), I'm just letting you know that when I have completed the merge of the above mentiioned mods, you will be consulted first, since I know that the mod I'm working on has GANART'S units/techs, AMRA's LH/buildings/units and MORE IMPORTANTLY and the impetus of this post: ...the merged mod has YOUR civic screen (changed a tiny bit though) and RELIGIOUS concept. All of which is the product of YOUR BRAINSTORMING (amazing one at that).

Any concerns please feel free to PM anytime...I surf about 1/2 a week lately though, so replies may be delayed.

@ everyone:
    Happy Gaming !!!

@ Sid Meirers:
    God Bless You !!!!

5. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

amazing game

Could you atleast post your warlords map? It is Europe without Africa and Middle East right? It doesn't have to have starting locations or any Civ info in the WBS.

6. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

oops deleted

7. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

opps deleted

8. ArbitraryGuy

@Amazing Game
    Again, thank you for the kind comments.

9. Nate128

Nate128 Bow to your king.

Someone's probably asked this before, but when i download the files, the worldbuilder saves are inside the EE3 folders. When I load up the mod, I see neither scenario inside the scenario folder. This is after I extracted the worldbuilder saves inside the EE3 folders to the public maps inside the C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps folder.
    Please tell me what I'm doing wrong

10. ArbitraryGuy

Make sure you have the mod loaded. Alternatively, you may try loading it up by double clicking the scenario in windows.

11. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Great Mod -- thanks. Launched perfectly after I downloaded the mod. Ran flawlessly as far as I could see. Just a few label problems with some of the city improvements.

12. monolith94

monolith94 Warlord

Man, I wish there was some news on this mod... I remember being really excited about it last year...

13. monolith94

monolith94 Warlord

Heh - whoops! I meant to post this in AG's 19th century europe mod thread...

*smacks head*

14. LHPen

LHPen Chieftain

Hm, so, I downloaded this mod, and it doesn't seem to be working. When I load it and try to run the Expanded Scenario, I just get the normal Civs, and, when I run the original, I just get Russia, France, and one or two others, all of which are likewise original civs.

I'm assuming that this is my mistake, but I can't think of what I screwed up. Any idea what I did wrong...?

15. woodelf

woodelf Bard

I'd read the first page and follow whatever directions are there. It should run prefectly.

16. Leif

Leif Prince

I believe it may be a patch issue, just look through the posts.
    -I miss AG-

17. SUMB44

SUMB44 Chieftain

Are there any other mods out there that deal with this region and timefram in history?

I'm also interested to know if there are other mods that include the Papal States as a playable civilization.

THanks.

18. woodelf

woodelf Bard

The Middle Ages mod is a good choice. Not sure if the timeframes are exact, but they must overlap a bit.

19. dutchking

dutchking Deity

Are there animated leaderheads?

20. woodelf

woodelf Bard

No and IMO the mod doesn't need them. When AG created this mod there weren't many skins of Firaxis LHs. Now there probably are if you wanted to add some in. I don't know if every one of the Leaders would have a corresponding animated LH though and I don't think mixtures look good. Up to you though. :)