Europa Europa SG

Yep, it's no city razing for all cities. As far as I can tell, though, the AI doesn't usually put cities in funky places. Again, you can edit this option out: in your post, you can remove "Option=Gameoption_no_city_razing" (I didn't, though, although I'd be willing to start over if everyone really hates this).

The biggest problem with this mod is that the original author stopped updating it, even though other people have come up with more fun stuff. So, for example, someone came up with a whole UU package for the mod, but you have to get it separately. I didn't bother for this SG because I thought it would make things even more complicated, as if they're not enough already.

18:What! We lost Bologna?! This is really bad.:(

I check out the nasty warrior dancing on the dead bodies in the city. He's at 0.8 hp, but probably up for promotion after his defeat. Making him a 1.4 combat 1 defender most likely, without much bonuses defending a city in riot.
We have a combat one fully healed killing machine coming their way. Bologna will not be in enemy hands for long

Our eastern warrior reaches the walls of Bologna and are furios by the impression meeting them. After something like 2000 years of nomadic scouting they return home only to hear the sounds of the treacherous Venetians feasting on whatever Papal wine that's left in the cellars of Bologna. The city must be saved from these Venetian jerks.:mad:

19: Did I say jerks? I meant heathens.

The rumors of a new belief comes whispering in the souteastern wind. Catholisism has been founded in Rome, as the first religion in the world.

Bolstered by this sudden surge of faith, our warriors turns their attention towards the city bariccades and their gaze falls upon...
The warrior guarding Bologna is a 1.7hp combat 2 warrior!:eek:

I didn't expect him to reach 5 xp. He got one from the suicide attack, (since he wasn't promoted when attacking Bologna) so he must have gotten four xp from the victory there. This makes the odds much worse. 43.9 %

This calls for a plan B. We still have got the warrior we didn't suicide against Leo when we had the chance. I moved him next to Bologne this turn this turn so he will be able to attack next turn. He is slightly wounded, and not promoted, but he will hopefully be enough to take out the wounded defender if we lose this next battle.

I'm feeling quite confident in taking Bologne now, or next turn. Let's hope that this main attack will either succeed or at least wound the defender down to something like 1.0 hp.

The Catholic forces outside Bologna has had enough of the heathen shouting from inside the city. The horns of war are sounded, and the forces attack...

It was like as if God himself intervened at the great battle of Bologna, and filled the believers with strength and determination to strike the venetians down.

That evening, the surviving warriors had a great feast, celebrating the victory. The hero warrior was named the first saint, St. Bologna.

The decision on what to research next was not that easy, but I settled for mining, since we have a lot of hills, and Bronze Working would be great. Hopefully we have copper and can swarm Leonardo with axemen. (He demands Bologna for peace so I guess we'll be enemies for a long time.)
Archery would be nice to as well, though, so it's really up to the next guy up.

20: Warrior done in Rome. We can now build missionaries, but I think we need another warrior to be on the safe side. (for the first time in a long while;) )

We should send at least one warrior towards Venice to pillage and stall Leonardo until we can take him out with axes.
Also check out this city site:

It's got three seafoods and cows.(the fishes are hard to spot) Could be good for :whipped:
and later with mined hills be a production powerhouse with all that excess food. If we get that site, (wait til BW, so that we can ensure copper) I think we should from then on focus on a millitary push to take the barb cities surrounding us and claim Venice. Remember though, that all cities we capture must be kept. No razing here.

Here's the demogaphics and the save:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=116002&stc=1&d=1139773988

Going to war this early, ooh, you are crazy, Munter. :) BTW, just wanted to point out - I would have suicided the warrior one turn later, when the enemy was on a hill, and not a wooded hill as you did. May have done a little more damage then. :)

But any way, good job taking the city back. :thumbsup:

Vovan

Yeah, thank god we got the city back... I bet Leo might take peace once we pillage some more of his junk.

Soo... Here's the roster:

1) hamtastic << On Deck!
2) vovan
3) ruff_hi
4) munterpipe << Just played
5) icelion << Up Now (I'm guessing he'll want a skip, but we'll let him ask) :)

And, of course, I think we could still accept one more person.

vovan said:
BTW, just wanted to point out - I would have suicided the warrior one turn later, when the enemy was on a hill, and not a wooded hill as you did. May have done a little more damage then. :)

Vovan

Maybe it was a bit hard to see from the shots, but that was actually my only chance to attack that warrior before he went for the city. He moved right after the attack, and I could have followed him, but I couldn't have attacked him until He had taken the city. That could have gotten a much better result though. Attacking someone on a wooden hill is kind of crazy, and it didn't really do much damage. Instead there could have been three warriors to take back the city instead of just two.
It turned out ok though, and it certainly was an enjoyable set of turns.
A lot of action this early:)

The other option would have been to move the warrior in Bologna se to the mountain square, wait to see what Leo's warrior did (3 options for him: attack our guy, and lose a bunch of HPs, or move north or west, in which case he loses a turn in the advance to Bologna), and then move the two warriors on to the mountain forest square. That might?? have kept the warrior out of Bologna, at least for an extra turn or two?

yeah. It was all real tense, and I could have done a lot of things differently. What's really cool with succesion games is just that. Focusing on all the tiny details you could do differently to improve your strategy and skill.

Here we go:

No pictures for this round. I took some, but they're boring, so oh well. :(

1700: Our capital of Rome grows. The proud papal people work more fo the ocean to promote our trade and research.

1675: Bologna realizes the value of membership in the Papal states and comes to our control. The proud people of Bologna begin working on a warrior to help the Papal states. I send the worker on to connect a road to Bologna's marble.

1650: The cultural influence of Rome expands. :hammer:

1625: Our brilliant scholars develop the use of mountains through mining. I applaud their efforts, but instruct them that their task is not over and that they must begin researching bronze working.

Rome completes a warrior and begins another one.

1600: A foolish Venetian archer attacks our warrior across the river and we crush him! HA! :lol: I promote our Saint Aguirre (similar to agua for the river) to pursue combat further.

1575: Aguirre moves on to pig farm of Venice. Stupid pig farmers! I do not pillage it, but instead fortify there in the hope that it will be ours soon.

1550: Nothing :(

1525: Nothing :confused:

1500: Rome completes a warrior and begins another, building our military forces.

I send a warrior to sit on the forested hills by Naples, so he can protect us from the barbarian threat.

1475: Nothing in particular. :crazyeye:

Well, we have some big choices to make soon. Our people will soon know the secrets of Bronze working which is quite important. However, it would also be nice to have a shrine established for Catholicism, which would help us spread our superior religion across the land. Perhaps our people should build military if we have access to copper so that we may destroy the heathen Venetians and barbarians, but if we do not, we most likely should consider building Stonehenge or the Oracle to help us develop prophets for Catholicism. I forget what technology our people need to build temples at the moment, but we would need that as well before employing priests in our cities... So a magnificent wonder could be quite nice for Rome!

Good turns Ham.
I would suggest the Oracle. We have got marble hoocked up, and the free tech could really help us. The tech for Oracle (priesthood) is the same as the tech for churches (unless this is changed in the mod). I would suggest another worker soon. We have a lot of trees to chop so that we can ensure the Oracle. We also need an army of axemen to crush the Venetians and Barbarian cities

Lurker comment--As a devotee of this mod, I am looking forward to keeping up on your progress and performance. For those who have never played EE3, I believe you will be pleasently surprised by the performance of the Holy city of Rome.

Barak: I've been a little bit worried about it since I realized that in lots of games Papal states are near last in score (i think it's a function of the AI not dealing well with the expansion needs of a crowded city), although they are always caught up in tech, which I suppose is good. :)

Yeah, Oracle sounds good with me. I often don't get it, but I think that's because I always start by building Stonehenge since I feel very certain I will get that one... Keep in mind that we are on monarch, so we will miss out on a few wonders. :(

In my most recent single player EE3 game (played as England), Papal states were the #2 on the score list when I won by space race.

The Papal states controlled all of the italian peninsula, since Venice expanded into the balkans and greece.

The game featured few other than regional wars, and had no major empires size-wise.

Top Bottom