Europa Europa SG

hamtastic said:
So I attack Barbarossa. This nets us a free warrior right off the bat, as he's just hanging out by their border. So ummm. We're at war now.
??? How do you net a free warrior - or does that just mean that we killed off one of their warriors? I understand capturing a worker but a warrior? Or is that a typo and you meant a worker?

Ummm. Yeah, that should be free worker. Sorry for the confusion. By the way, we also got another two free workers when we captured Wurzburg. So the war netted us a great city location (on a hill at the only east-west area for quite some ways) and three workers!

Rooster
1) hamtastic << Just played
2) vovan << up
3) ruff_hi << on deck
4) munterpipe
5) icelion

however ...
vovan on March 2nd said:
Guys, I'm sorry, but something cropped up, and I need to leave town for a week or so... Please skip me until I get back. I'll try to get back to this as soon as possible.

Vovan
Does that mean that I am up? I guess so - I will take it and play tonight or tomorrow.

Turn (0) 200 (700 AD)
Looking around - we are short 3 fishing boats - I will get these build and on their way to their station this turn. Our foe is no where close and I am not going walking all over Europe just to lose some units. We are slowly inching our way to a Great Prophet but, unfortunately, the city where we have invested most of those GPPs is not the one building the St. Peter's Basilica.

One question ... it seems that 40% of the world has no religion ...

IBT:
While defending, Scout loses to: Barbarian Archer (2.58/3)

Turn (1) 201 (710 AD)
Tech learned: Code of Laws
Corsica finishes: Barracks
Assisi grows: 2

Turn (2) 202 (720 AD)
Research begun: Machinery
Corsica begins: Work Boat
Ruff_Hi: machinery because it is needed for knights and maceman
Bologna finishes: Axeman
Perugia finishes: Library - whipped
Catholicism has spread: Warsaw (Kingdom of Poland)

Turn (3) 203 (730 AD)
Bologna begins: Work Boat
Perugia begins: Granary
Ravenna finishes: Lighthouse - whipped
Ancona finishes: Obelisk - finally, is this the Obelisk I started 500 years ago?
Catholicism has spread: Plock (Kingdom of Poland)

Turn (4) 204 (740 AD)
Ravenna begins: Granary
Ancona begins: Library
Rome finishes: Forge
Bologna finishes: Work Boat
Ravenna grows: 5
Perugia finishes: Granary
Assisi finishes: Lighthouse
Catholicism has spread: Hastings (Kingdom of England)

...oh, I trade offer that I could refuse ...

Turn (5) 205 (750 AD)
Rome begins: Work Boat
Bologna begins: Courthouse
Perugia begins: Lighthouse
Assisi begins: Granary
Corsica grows: 10
Corsica finishes: Work Boat

Turn (6) 206 (760 AD)
Corsica begins: Work Boat
Rome finishes: Work Boat

Turn (7) 207 (770 AD)
Rome begins: Work Boat
Naples finishes: St. Peter's Basilica - and hires 3 priests straight away - no whipping here pls.
Ancona grows: 3
Perugia grows: 3

Turn (8) 208 (780 AD)
Naples begins: Catholic Church - can add another priest when done
Tech learned: Machinery
Bologna grows: 9
Corsica finishes: Work Boat
Catholicism has spread: Buda (Kingdom of Hungary)

Turn (9) 209 (790 AD)
Research begun: Civil Service
Corsica begins: Courthouse
Ruff_Hi: trade compass for $ with a few people - can still run deficit research - I held onto our menopoly on code of laws - someone else can trade it around
Rome finishes: Work Boat
Ravenna finishes: Granary

And just to make it easy ... (I did cancel with Peter).

Turn (10) 210 (800 AD)
Contact made: Byzantine Empire
Rome begins: Catapult
Ravenna begins: Courthouse
Ruff_Hi: I think I build 1 too many work boats
Rome grows: 6
Isaac Newton (Great Scientist) born in Corsica
Assisi grows: 2

Sir Isaac is on a boat but the boat isn't going anywhere - I would suggest Rome. There are a few work boats on GOTOs - heading towards the fishing / crab grounds.

WARNING: There is a 500k file limit for saves and the unzipped version is 513kb. Now what?

Attachments

• Alexander VI AD-0800.zip
    497.3 KB · Views: 113
Good turns there ruff_hi.

Munterpipe is up now.

I suppose we'll have to use an external hosting service - maybe Filefront.

On a separate note, I am unfortunately going out of town this Friday for 2 weeks and I will not be able to play at all during that time. If Vovan comes back and the four of you want to keep it going, that's totally fine with me. (This is also a good chance for lurkers, if there are any, to join up instead of me).

Hi. Great turns Ruff. I'm very of caught up in work right now, so I can't play until saturday, so please skip me this time around. This Sg has been a little inactive lately, but I think it really is worthwhile to keep it alive. I like it a lot.
So Icelion, I guess you're up, and the burden is on your shoulders to keep this SG going until the weekend begins :)

Yeah, I would agree - the best way to start a new one would be to do it yourself. I would play in one and might even be willing to start it up myself but I'm going out of town for a week tomorrow, so it's not quite the best timing right now.

Rockinroger, you're more than welcome to lurk and comment in any of my games (see the signature). Your problem here is that this particular game has been dead for months. Generally, it's acceptable to lurk/comment in any active game.

If you really want to participate in a Europa mod SG, read a few SGs to make sure you understand the format, then try to start your own. :)

Top Bottom