[UNIT] Europa Universalis IV Renaissance Units

They can be used for other European civs as well. Although these versions of the galley use the Trireme animation(no cannon fire), Ramzay's original versions are also available, and I know Galleas were used in fleets(like the Spanish Armada) outside the Mediterranean. The Chebecks were used in Louis 14th fleet in the early 1700s, in the naval battles of that era, though those were an evolution of the Galley rather than a galley itself.

Yep, and the rightmost in the central row is an Archipelago Frigate - a very specialized sailing ship that was built only by Sweden (and a couple by Russians as a design study) - but I guess since Paradox is Swedish, everyone in the world gets to build those in EU4 once their tech level is high enough :lol:

They can be used for other European civs as well. Although these versions of the galley use the Trireme animation(no cannon fire), Ramzay's original versions are also available, and I know Galleas were used in fleets(like the Spanish Armada) outside the Mediterranean. The Chebecks were used in Louis 14th fleet in the early 1700s, in the naval battles of that era, though those were an evolution of the Galley rather than a galley itself.
The animation is easy to fix, to add cannons there, but I'm very lazy for this.

Yep, and the rightmost in the central row is an Archipelago Frigate - a very specialized sailing ship that was built only by Sweden (and a couple by Russians as a design study) - but I guess since Paradox is Swedish, everyone in the world gets to build those in EU4 once their tech level is high enough :lol:
Paradoxes generally have a strange vision about some troops. It is enough to recall the Russian Musketeers in strange striped shirts...
In any case, without the archipelago frigate, the pack would be incomplete. I'm doing something like collecting :)

Update:
Now i upload european ships
Spoiler :

Last edited:
There are animations for a cannon armed galley in VD. If you dig them up you can rig the ships to that, although it's kind of a pain to do.

Quite nice I like the white sails alot more than the grey in the original release. I'm assuming the old ships are compatable with the new sail textures, that way if you want the gun versions of the galley types, you can make them look as good as these.

Quite nice I like the white sails alot more than the grey in the original release. I'm assuming the old ships are compatable with the new sail textures, that way if you want the gun versions of the galley types, you can make them look as good as these.
If my memory serves me correctly, the textures are still the same.
Old models are very heavy and have broken normals. Also, oars and sails do not work on them. I believe that it will be much easier and more aesthetic to make a new animation of the Trireme than to take the old ones. In fact, I need to add the nodes of cannon shots to the model itself, and change the links to the effect and sound in the trireme_attack.kf file. I'll try to do it after the weekend. An acre of potatoes will not allow me to do this quickly:)

I still wonder why everyone ignores the working boats

Civ4ScreenShot0147.JPG

If it were done quickly it probably wouldn't come out the way you'd want it I imagine.

Good things can take time.
I did a couple of quick tests. Galleys with cannons work as they should.

Civ4ScreenShot0149.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0148.JPG

Well, I did it pretty quickly

Attachments

• cannon galleys.zip
    564.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I like your imported ships a lot.
I am wondering, if EU IV has mesoamerican boats, too. I think, in the latest version, there is at least a unit named "war canoe". If there ist, there maybe should be an mesoamerican workboard, too. I doubt there are suitable grafics for later ship models.

It doesn't, sadly. The canoe is the only thing New World gets (and it's an okayish canoe, but we already have those in ample supply). I monitor all the stuff that comes out for EU4 (even if not playing it much lately) as it has been a good source for RI stuff to import from.

Really cool to see unique workboats!

The only thing I can think of for a new world Workboat is the really old CivGold Nosepsk (Haida UU), which is just a reskin of the vanilla Workboat.

Imperator has quite a few ship models (not on part with EU4 yet, but given time...), but a lot of them are dlc-locked. I've converted some for use in RI. Generally, they are poly-heavier than those of EU4, especially since many of them represent "dreadnoughts" of the era. I haven't looked at the current state of CK3, but at release, it almost completely neglected naval units. Then there's HOI4 of course... :shifty:

Well, there are only about 10 variations on the theme of "Trireme"in the Emperor. Compared to Europe, this is practically nothing.
In addition, the Emperor got off to a very bad start, and even now does not even have a share of the popularity that Europe has received. Therefore, it is very noticeable that the developers pay little attention to it.
As for the irons... There are quite good planes there :)

Top Bottom