Europa Universalis IV

I used to really like Death & Taxes, but it got too big too quickly. I preferred the 3/4 versions.

MEIOU & Taxes was one of the first out the door. It combines two of my favorite EU3 mods, so it really can't be that bad.

I heard it had speed problems, did they fix that? Also why is it not on the the Steam Workshop? I'm familiar with D&T, what is different between that and M&T? Also, what was MEIOU about?

Any thoughts about that MNS mod ?

Are there any good EU 4 mods yet?
Of course!

From Darkness (shameless self-promotion :D).

It tries to balance out the game and add back some things from EU3 (e.g. some advisors, triggered modifiers). I guess the most important thing is that NI groups are a more interesting and diverse compared to vanilla. They are also offering more long term impact (e.g. innovative grants a boost to religious unity that reduces the impact from the reformation).

I'm talking about the EU3 version, which was first extended to 1861 or thereabouts, then went past the US Civil War and then to the end of WWI, picking up such "improvements" as Austria-Hungary and so on. The 3.x and 4.x versions were less bloated in my opinion.

I heard it had speed problems, did they fix that? Also why is it not on the the Steam Workshop? I'm familiar with D&T, what is different between that and M&T? Also, what was MEIOU about?

Any thoughts about that MNS mod ?

Basically M&T had the MEIOU guys focusing on making the maps not total [feces] and the D&T team brought in the awesome unique historical events and characters and whatnot. I don't know how it plays since my computer is too crap to handle EU4, but both were quality mods in EU3 (D&T's bizarre decision to let the game run to 1921, aside), and from the footage I saw, it looks like a pretty quality mod. I also loved that D&T rolled the startdate back to the Golden Bull for EU3; much more interesting than 1399.

M&T is a hilariously awful example of how not to make a mod. There's so much junk in it that it takes minutes for a month to pass

Part of that may simply be your computer, NBAfan. I had troubles running CKII's Elder Kings at any reasonable speed until I upgraded my computer at the end of summer.

Part of that may simply be your computer, NBAfan. I had troubles running CKII's Elder Kings at any reasonable speed until I upgraded my computer at the end of summer.

Details:

• 970 New Provinces
  • 450 New Nations
  • Overhauled Religion System
  • Specially composed music
  • Completely reworked trade maps
  • Improved map graphics

No, no, it is feature bloat: the mod. When you add four hundred and fifty new tags, the game is going to lag like hell.

So um I tried out M&T and its not that bad, about half the speed of vanilla which seems pretty good considering how much they added.

I check the previous couple versions back and apparently they removed a bunch of trade nodes which dramatically increased the speed so that might have been what you were experiencing.

It takes much less than a minute for a month to pass, less than 15s which seems fair.

The Battle of Varna start-date would tend to disadvantage any number of popular Byzantine scenarios. :)

The Battle of Varna start-date would tend to disadvantage any number of popular Byzantine scenarios. :)

M&T starts in 1356 so it seems like fanboys of the Empire of the Romans will have fun.

That is not dead which eternal lies
And with strange fanboys even death may die.

^I suppose you (accidentally, as usual) likened your short time here to the aeons which echoe my own?

:yup:

Anyway, i am sure the final version of the game will be more filled with purple splendour than ever before.

No, actually I was making a statement about how given the Byzantophile on Paradox, Byzantium will always have a chance in EU. If they don't, it will get changed.

Oh god. They love Byzantium so much. I'm surprised it can't come back in Vicky2 even. CK2 is even worse than EU4.

Well Byzantine Empire really had a chance to recover in ck2 time period. Historically it was fading power with epic death strugle but it could be happend.

Oh god. They love Byzantium so much. I'm surprised it can't come back in Vicky2 even. CK2 is even worse than EU4.

On the bright side EvW has been confirmed 100% BYZproof

Top Bottom