Europe in 1871

UglyBoy

Pseudo Impossible
This scenario is based on Europe in 1871. I chose 1871 because it was in that year that Germany and Italy both became unified countries instead of seperated states. Since both these countries played major parts in the enxt century I thought it be a good place to start.

I included the countries:
Italy
Greece
The German Empire
The Russian Empire
France
The United Kingdom
Spain
Denmark
The Ottoman Empire
United Kingdom of Norway and Sweden
The Austro-Hungarian Empire
Belgium
The Netherlands
Swiss Confederatiion
Portugal
since these were the countries europe was split between at this time. You can play as any of these countries although bigger nations like russia are easier to play but you could change the course of history by making Switerland a major war-monger.

I allocated wonders to the cities where they were or are if possible or a city near -by or capital otherwise.

I based my map on ska-cores small europe map and I tried to PM about using this map but it looks like he has only ever been online the once.

I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on this scenario like if I placed a city wrong or if the tech rate is correct. I would also like to know if anyone thinks Ishould add the WW2 units and if people like this scenario any other units I should add.

I am also working on adding cities to the europe map which comes with PTW to use this mod but only if I have time and people are interested.

You need PTW to use this mod as it uses units and the european terrain from PTW

Download the Europe in 1871 scenario

Yes I know there were roads and farms in 1871 but i chose not to include any because I had no idea where the irrigation should go and I couldn't find any road or rail maps for this period so I just connected the cities in each country and it's resources.

Also I should have included in my original post that I didn't know exactly which cities had which improvements so I gave every city all possible improvements. This does pose a problem with finance but every civilization can stay afloat. If anyone can help me with that then i'd appreciate it.

Montenegro (spelling) was nominally independent starting in the late 1700's I believe. Though its probably too small to include as a civ.

Luxembourg was also independent (1866). But also probably is too small for independent civ.

Yeah i did know those two were independent but made the same assumption as you that they were too small to include.

Thanks to you who have replied here and other comments from anyone would be welcome.

Great work but the Dutch should have a bigger land then belgium (as it is in the real world a little bit bigger) and luxembourg belong to the Netherlands until 1890

Luxembourg became independent in 1866 actually.

Its hard getting national borders to look right with the way culture works (or doesn't).

Yes your right but the Netherlands had great influence and they had a pact named de Personele Unie until 1890 and so I mixt up (sorry for my english

That's true there. Luxembourg though is so small that its hard to fit it into any scenarios.

Don't worry about your English, most Americans (like me) can't speak any other languages fluently. (come to think of it, most Americans can't speak English properly either)

Rotterdam probably was close to being on that map, as they are on a 1910 map similar to that one.

Woah I thought this thread was dead and buried.

Anyway. I have 1 screenshot, there is a link to it further up the page. You need Play the World to play this but I would reccomend you get all the patches you can anyway.

If there is any interest still in this i may consider updating this on a bigger map and for Conquests.

I want a conquest version of this scenario, I enjoy a lot playing with it.

OK well I may start work on it soon then. But don't expect it too soon cause i will put a lot more effort in eg bigger map new units tech tree etc and I am working on something else at the moment aswell as school.

I see Liege just west of the upper Rhine region. I think Strassburg should be where Liege is. Anyhoo, you have Germany completely confined behind the Rhine.

Other thing, the map isn't very favorable to England. You haven't given her any of her mediterranean bases. Whereas, you already have France is possession of so much of N. Africa :eek:

But, over all, it seems decent. I may even play it at some point!;)

Top Bottom