Europe map - 108 by 89

Thanks, I am working on putting out another version of the Eurasia map soon. It will feature different civs in Europe.

I don't know about the your question regarding turns. I believe that when you choose the game speed in the 'play scenario' menu in-game, it will overwrite whatever is in 'maxturns' with the appropriate value. There really is only one way to find out, though!

I've made yet another update, this time I have included another version of the Europe map. I took off 15 tiles from the north and added around 30 tiles to the east, this map (Europe - EAST EXPANDED) will be a great option for replicating Alexander's conquests, the Mongol Invasions, Roman conquests, and Viking plunderings alike! Here is a screenshot of that map, with non-obvious civilizations pointed out:

England Civ - Brythonic Empire (Celts), Boudica
France Civ - Gallic Empire (Celts), Brennus
Light Yellow Civ - Kipchak Empire (Mongols), Batu Khan (Genghis leaderhead)
Orange Civ - Armenian Empire (Sumerians), Tigranes (Gilgamesh leaderhead)
Dark Indigo Civ - Bactrian Empire (Greeks), Demetrios (Pericles leaderhead)

Hello NiNv4n4

Thx for this huge effort. Looking so much forward to trying your maps (hopefully later this week)

Have a question though, since I finde the OP a bit confusing in relation to exactly what selection of maps there are now.

As I understand it, there are these maps:

a) Euroasia map (v1 - original set of civs)
b) Euroasia map (v2 - alternate set of civs)
c) Europe North
d) Europa East

But then it becomes unclear to me::confused:

Note for version 5.0 - in this update, the map has been expanded two tiles both to the east and to the south. The regions of Iran, Turkestan, Bohemia, Pomerania, and more, have all been changed. Also included in this version is an alternative map, "Europe - Cities Placed". In that scenario, each civilization begins with three major cities, and barbarian cities abound. Religions are all pre-placed, and you can expect the game to take off much more quickly.

After downloading, right click the file and click "Open containing folder". Find the file "Europe - Improved" or "Europe - Cities Placed" in the opened folder, and then extract it here:

What does "the map" mean here, which of the maps a) - d) are you refering to? My guess would be Europe North, correct?

Also, the "Europe - Improved" and "Europe - Cities placed" versions, do they replace older maps or are they in addition? And where are those files? When I download from here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15197

I get these files after unzipping:

Spoiler :
Files.JPG

Non of them are named "Improved" nor "Cities placed"...:confused:

And: There are 6 different Pictures here:http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15197 , does that mean there are 6 maps?

Could you be so kind as to simply provide an overview of the maps is a form something like this one:

Spoiler :
a) Euroasia map (v1 - original set of civs)
b) Euroasia map (v2 - alternate set of civs)
c) Europe North(v1 - Improved)
d) Europa North (v2 - cities placed)
e) Europa East

...or whatever the correct list looks like

Thx in advance :goodjob: - it just get's to confusing when the maps develope over time and change content and names a little to.

Best,
Dahebbie

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I forgot my password and for some reason the reset email wouldn't come. I managed to guess correctly just now, though.

There are four maps in the zip file. I had previously included some maps that were blank, where the game can be initiated with random civs/start locations. I got rid of them because of the hassle of having to edit both the civ-placed and random-start versions, so at the moment the only maps are Europe North, Europe East, and two variants of the Eurasia map.

a) Eurasia map (v1 - original set of civs)
b) Eurasia map (v2 - alternate set of civs)
c) Europe North
d) Europe East

I hope you have managed to play Europe East, it is quite good. I don't play video games any more, but I still check in on this file and admire the number of downloads it has received. I hope hundreds/thousands of others have enjoyed playing these maps as much as I enjoyed creating them!

Bump, I recently updated the Europe-East map to have better placement of rivers. I have been using Google Earth and reading history lately so I have fixed certain rivers like Dniester, Warthe, Tiszla, and Rhine.

I have done a lot of work on these maps in the past week or two, and have released a new version of the file. I know that there probably are not very many people playing Civ 4 these days, but I am proud of the changes I have made and hope that by bumping this thread, more will be able to enjoy these maps.

Also, if any moderator is able to do this, I would appreciate if this thread could be renamed "NiRv4n4's Europe (146x83) & Eurasia (120x62) Maps", as that better describes the content of the download. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi there,

Thanks for your maps. Any chance that you adapt one for Realism Invictus? :D

Best regards,

Bk

I have never played that and don't really know where I would start. If you are anyone else wants to do that (or if you can convince me that it would be an easy enough job) then I could add that file to the zip that my download links to.

Let me create another account, that will make us two to convince you :D

But honestly, if you never played the mod, and my point is not to make you play it, it would be the best way for you to assess the idea of making an european map for it :)

I will try it out and see what it would take.

Edit: I attempted to install the mod and received an error asking for me to patch my game. I did so and continue to receive the same error. I posted my problem in the RI thread, I hope to figure out what is wrong so I can get it done.

Edit 2: I got it to work now.

Last edited:
Let me create another account, that will make us two to convince you :D

But honestly, if you never played the mod, and my point is not to make you play it, it would be the best way for you to assess the idea of making an european map for it :)

I have managed to convert my map to RI now, I am going to go through a process of play-testing/balancing, might do some changes to the civilizations/number of civs. Hopefully I will have a semi-complete version of it done at some point next week, I will update the zip file for this map to include it and also attach the file to a comment in the RI thread giving them permission to use it however they please.

EDIT: file attached below and added to download zip

Attachments

• Europe - REALISM INVICTUS 4.0.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Top Bottom