Europe Map (84 x 52 - standard)

Arne

King
*Update 26. january 2007*

Final WARLORDS-Version is online now, thi should be fully compatible with an language version of Civ4. (The old map version for 1.61 is also still aviable. This was my very first Civ4-Mod... kind of.) Its a pure 84 x 52 Europe map with preplaced starting positions.

Install: Download to Public Maps, start as Scenario

Version for 1.61
Preview minimap
Download

• Alexander - Greek Empire
  • Caesar - Rome
  • Elisabeth - England
  • Frederik - Germany
  • Isabella - Spain
  • Catharina - Russia
  • Louis - France

NEW (01/2007): Final Version for WARLORDS "ArnesEuropa84x52_WLv2_5"
Download final Warlords-version
example Preview Editor Shot "England"
example Preview Editor Shot "Scandinavia"
(red lines in screenshots = added rivers
blue lines in screenshot = new coastline
red circles in Screenshot = new ressources)

What is different compared to the older WL-Version?

Full compatible with any language version. There are a lot more rivers placed and more ressources esp. near some starting positions. Some more Terrain changes are done. The map is now more balanced again, told the testers. Elisabeth replaces Churchill again.

• Alexander - Greece
  • Augustus - Rome
  • Elizabeth - England
  • Bismarck - Germany
  • Isabella - Spain
  • Stalin - Russia
  • Louis - France
  • Brennus - Celtic
  • Ragnar - Vikings
  • Hanibal - Carthage
  • Mehmet - Osman

Like every map, with preplaced SPs, threre is only one leader per civ, even if normaly threre would be two to coose from (Germany, for example, use Friedrich now in 1.61 version, but there is actually no chance getting Bismarck for leading Germany without modding him into the WBS file by yourself or using Warlords version of this map).

file history:
17.11.05: replaced Vanilla version_1 with version_2 after 121 downloads
18.11.05: replaced Vanilla version_2 with version_2a after 101 downloads
31.07.06: WARLORD-Version1 online
22.12.06: improved, additional WARLORD-Version2 online
26.01.07: WARLORD-Version1 removed after 720 downloads
26.01.07: WARLORD-Version2 replaced with final WL version after 303 Downloads

Great. I knew it was only a matter of time before a good map of Europe would be done for Napoleonic times. I was thinking or modding George Washington's Americans as the Austrians. I know someone is already working on a Turkish mod. Throw in Catherine, Fredrick, Napoleon, Isabella and Elizabeth and you got yourself a game!

Thank you for the laud. :)

There will be a new version within a few days, that version will be (hopefully) a little more balanced then this. It will include more food for Isabella, Caesar, Alexander and Russia. It will include some more rivers manily in Russia, but also in Greece, Italy and Minor Asia. Catharina will be replaced by Peter. :( This is, since Peter is not financial and there is actually only very low use of Catharinas financial threat becouse of the russian terrain types.

Oh, and (hopefully) there will be a Version with english leadernames too. Sadly there seems to be no way, making SPs fixed without naming leaders, so I have to do different versions, as soon as a more developed version is available.

Drogear, I not sure, if I could fix that. I'm still looking for a easy method, making a map (= only WBS file) with fixed starting locations but without any further locked things.

Oh, version 2 is out now.

This is a great map Arne, vielen Dank. As for German names, I just changed the German names to English names in the WBS file and it worked fine for me.

Mind if I use your map for my Euro-mod? I plan on adding Sweden, Austria-Hungary, Netherlands, Poland, Soviet Union, removing the ancient civs, etc...

Thanks again.

Drogear, thank you, looks like an good advice.

ArbitraryGuy
Sure, feel free to mod in or out whatever you like/not like. Only one thing: It would be nice, if you would name me as draughtsman(?) of the map. :)

ArbitraryGuy said:
As for German names, I just changed the German names to English names in the WBS file and it worked fine for me.
Yes, it is easy modding: You just have to rename Civs and leaders in WBS file. But one HAS to do it, if he want playing with Englisch names and leaders. :(

I replaced version_2 with version_2a now. What is different? Well, version_2a has set no victory options, so I think "the time victory that ends the game way to early playing a epic game" is fixed now. (Thanks to Drogear for reporting it). Then there are some small terrain changings and goody huts now are preplaced on map.

Arne, I found that there's a line setting max turns in the text file. I set it to 0 in my map, but honestly I've yet to finish an epic game (they can be kinda long and I've had thanksgiving holidays to deal with) since I did that but I did get past the early ending that I previously experienced but don't know if it makes the game end normally on time victory. Nice map btw.

Arne said:
About 600 downloads but no coments? What's wrong?

Honestly, as bad as it sounds, I think that's normal. I wrote a content management system and had it on my website for a long time. I think I got to a couple thousand downloads with 0 comments. None, good or bad.

Cool map.thanks

I think you made an awesome map here. It looks very accurate with the terrain and coast.

I would like to put some extra Euro civs on the map (with some added civilizations others have made). That would be cool.

Thank you for the comments. :)

flobi said:
Arne, I found that there's a line setting max turns in the text file.
Are you sure there is? I think in version_2a there is no longer such a line. The WBSfile version_2a should start with:

BeginGame
Era=NONE
Speed=NONE
Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
GameTurn=0
MaxCityElimination=0
TargetScore=0
StartYear=-4000
EndGame

Is there another section with MaxTurns= ?

@MeteorPunch: I think, there will be a version with one other Civ within some days, but this is more for balance reasons then for making more civs playable on that map.

I'm playing this map right now. Great work and I like those German labels, it's cool. RE5PECT !!

Is the epic game time bug fixed in the last version of this map? This is one of my favorite maps to play but its very annoying to end the game so early, hate the victory text that does not remove from the screen...

Top Bottom