Europe Map with north Africa and the near East (61x45)

karlX

Chieftain
Hi folks,

this is a 61*45 Europe Map with north Africa and the near East.
europe_kl.JPG

It's a little bit smaller but rich on resources. There are no goodie huts.
Oil is hard to get for the western countries.

The civi-map is based on this map:
europa_Städte.jpg

Variant 1:
europa_61x45.zip
View attachment europa_61x45.zip
There are 8 civis: Spain, France, England, Germany, Rome, Greece, Russia and Egypt.
(Only standard Civics)
Unzip europa_61x45.zip in the folder ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Saves\WorldBuilder

Variant 2:
europa_61x45_std_KartTurks.zip and Europa_mod.zip
View attachment europa_61x45_std_KartTurks.zip

and the mod:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Europa_mod.zip

There are 10 civis: Spain, France, England, Germany, Rome, Greece, Russia, Egypt, Turks and Carthage.
This map needs the Europa Mod.
Unzip Europa_mod.zip in the folder ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\
Unzip europa_61x45_std_KartTurks.zip in the folder ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Saves\WorldBuilder\

Please change the mod first and then start europa_61x45_std_KartTurks.

I used the Turks from CivArmy s. 1994 and the Carthage from Jecrell. Thank you for the good job folks!

(Most names of Variant 2 may by in german.)

Enjoy

This seems to be just what I have been looking for.
It seems to be just the right size and covers just the right geography.

Thanks a lot KarlX. I will download it and give it a spin.

Esteban said:
Oil is really, really, really hard to get !

Not if you play as the Arabs!
(I added some oil in the Caucuses in my game since there is a ton there, and some iron in East Turkey since that was where the Mid East and Egypt got all their iron from in ancient times)

If you play as a European power you have to make sure that you can take a piece of the Middle East by the time oil becomes an issue.

well isn't that how it should be? if you are going for a real copy of the world wouldn't it be a bit werid to have a ton of oil in France, where theres not tons there

Thanks for sharing. It would be great if Arab or Persian could be added too to fill out the area around the Middle East.

I'll try it out before I place further comments.

-G'day-

C-Kompii said:
Thanks for sharing. It would be great if Arab or Persian could be added too to fill out the area around the Middle East.

I'll try it out before I place further comments.

-G'day-

I added several civs, including the Arabs myself.

I have been playing a game and it has been great fun on this map.

could make for a good Second World War scenario. In fact, I might try recreating the one from Civ II just to give the world builder a try.

Andrew_Jay said:
could make for a good Second World War scenario. In fact, I might try recreating the one from Civ II just to give the world builder a try.

Thats a good idea. It covers the right region, except the CivII sceniro had a bit on North America in it.

I have been thinking of making a medieval mod with this map.

Played this map today but forgot to put the mod on so got only 8 civs.

Played as english.

Been fantastic, the germans have flourished and its hell trying to keep ahead of them (monarch). Will have to try WITH the mod next time.

Thanks for taking the time to make the map!

Top Bottom