Europe Screen 5.0 beta and aodII

abj9562

Warlord
Current;y Dale has the4.1 versionin his mod. I have used the new 5.0 beta version in AODII 1.07 Col v 1.0 and and AODII 1.08 Col1.01f and am glad to announce I have not expieranced any issues with it. The recall to port function in Europe is awesome. You can select Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean or a specific port to sail to. Oh yeah you can even sell off surplus ships if you want to. I hope Dale integrates the improvement since he already has the base mod compiled into AODII.

Minor gripe, as I'm the nit pickiest prick of all nitpickers, but a lot of the "Europe" stuff is dated now, since there are three non-Euro civs in AOD2 now, so "sail to Europe" and other similar labels are obsoleted. I'm finding I really like playing the Chinese ... cheap units from the getgo and increased food production are making it difficult to lose playing 'em.

The same underlying code could be used for Europe, Asia, or any name you want to give your home port.

Yep, if anyone is willing to make an asian background image, I'll add it to Europe screen and adjust unit positions. :band:

Hello Koma,

I don't think CivFans can let me attach pics, so I will upload on Apolyton.

My suggestion is to try to reverse things, keep the town on the left side and the sea on the right side. But it's entirely on you!

Please follow this link:

Chinese Port

I hope this pic is a good start!

Thanks,
Mysh :)

I finally registered at apolyton, if that was your intention... :D

I don't think CivFans can let me attach pics, so I will upload on Apolyton.
There is a "Manage Attachements"-button in the Additional Options area below Post Icons.

Attachments

• AoE3_Europe.jpg
    AoE3_Europe.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 255
  • AoE3_Europe2.jpg
    AoE3_Europe2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 255
  • AoE_Japan.png
    AoE_Japan.png
    385.2 KB · Views: 210
I am glad to see a Chinese port being added. Now if we can get a port screen for each "King" and use a variable to pick which screen to load based on the players civilization.

Ok, I'll try this image for a chinese port:

Does anyone have that game and can make a screenshot without units? It would save a lot of work.

Wow... looks perfect!

It is Age of Empires 3. Unfortunately, I do not own it.

Koma can you please teach me how to do it? I would like to have a go.

Koma can you please teach me how to do it? I would like to have a go.

Adding the screenshot as a background to Europe screen? Or removing the units from image?

Koma is a great teacher. So, I have done some progress.

Would you guys -and mainly Dale- would like to see pics like this (Please try to ignore things like Age of Empires III logo for now. We can improve it later on.)?

If you are interested, we can adjust the positions of goodies, and fit ships nicely.

Ideally I would like to have a different screeny for every nation.

Please feel free to give me some feedback.

Attachments

• France.JPG
    France.JPG
    464.9 KB · Views: 192
  • China.JPG
    China.JPG
    301 KB · Views: 151
Good to see this still works with AOD1.08/Col1.01. Also love that you're trying to create individual ports for eazch nation. I mentioned this in a post on 1.08 issues and feel that it is essential now that we have so many different nations, and from different sides on the New World. This added with the ability to sail to other nations ports, and an improved bartering system would improve the trading aspect of the game immeasurably I feel.

Top Bottom