Europe to Challenge Google

Winner said:
You don't have a shortcut for google in your browser? :lol:
Yes but I don't like it. I want to write things in the center of my screen, plus the space for writing is too small, plus more things that Im too lazy to tell you about. Now go get drunk. That's what I would do if I lived where you live.

storealex said:
Yes but I don't like it. I want to write things in the center of my screen, plus the space for writing is too small, plus more things that Im too lazy to tell you about. Now go get drunk. That's what I would do if I lived where you live.

:confused:

Winner said:
Your beer is cheaper than ours.
Your beer is better than ours.
Your city is more boring than mine.

That's three good reasons to get drunk right there.

storealex said:
Your beer is cheaper than ours.
Your beer is better than ours.
Your city is more boring than mine.

That's three good reasons to get drunk right there.

Still don't get why are you telling me this, but never mind.

Yes he is but I can see the method in the madness.

Problems with this though: Bad name. Govt's are crap at websites. Will it really be better?

Benefits: As a European I get pissed off with lots of US results. For example, Googling for Indian history or politics so often throws up American Indian first, then the Indian Indian later.

We can only wonder what's next on Chirac's list.

Gaullist-Cola?
McEuro's?

I for one thought they'd call it EUoogle or Bondoogle... but whatever.

luiz said:
We can only wonder what's next on Chirac's list.

Gaullist-Cola?
McEuro's?
McFrog?

(BTW, when a local Romanian company decided to make a cola-like product, they had the good sense to name it "American Cola." Now they are on the level with Coca Cola).

I think Chirac hates the United States more than some terrorist groups. He always bad-mouths us, and he is constantly trying to best us (even if it is in vain :groucho: ).

@ rmsharpe: "Gaul Mart" that's great.

luiz said:
Is Chirac mad? Seriously.

I ask myself this question every time he opens his trap.

@ Rambuchan: here's a stupid question but have you tried googling "India history" or "history of India"?

EU - wasting a googol of money, like none other

Rambuchan said:
Govt's are crap at websites. Will it really be better?

Well, actually the French site for paying your taxes online is amazingly efficient. I guess that when money is involved...

I'm dubious about coming up with an engine powerful enough to thwart Google, though.

Chirac doesn't hate the USA (he studied in Harvard).
Worst case (for French), you'll begrudge the wasted dollars.
Euros boy. I've seen this mistake a few times on this thread. Are some of you feeling so self centered you forget the Dollar isn't the only money in the world; I'm really surprised with your reactions, this story seems to upset some of you. Keep cool, France and Germany will allways be riduculous, useless, tiny, noisy nations.
A tip for some of you : just don't care, don't move (in some ways adpot our attitude towards England when it comes to french bashing : ignore it).

MamboJoel said:
Chirac doesn't hate the USA (he studied in Harvard).).

So, an American University is where I learned to protest "against the man." While they are at it they should invent yet another version of coca cola. Now that would be stickin it to the man. Eruope's not going to build upon its cultural identity in the information age by building yet another product for an already saturated market.

Top Bottom