Europe to Far East map - gigantic, A New Dawn

lukaspl

Chieftain
EUROPE TO FAR EAST - extra gigantic (240x150) and gigantic (200x120)
Hi,

Here is the new version of Europe to Far East map (Europe Far East XG). The older one (europe far east gigantic), still available, is of gigantic size: 200x120 tiles. The new one, enlarged a little bit, now contains South-East Asia, half of Scandinavia, a bit of Island (moved a bit closer to Europe) and almost whole Japan in its (almost) correct postion. The map needed to be adjusted to its size, though, it's 240x150 tiles now. Therefore, there is no vast terrain to conquer in Northern Asia (some of you were complaining on that vast Siberia and other parts of Russia, that they were too large and too boring - well... that's the conquest anyway), Central Asia is also is tightened as well and India has "slightly" different shape to what's we are used to. Europe is still larger than it really is in comparison with Asia, but it allows you to create some nice empires and expanding them anywhere you want in this part of the world.

This map comes with fixed settlement positions, listed below.

There are plenty of resources, most of them for 50 civilizations, only a few of them are in limited numbers.
There is quite a lot of flood plains with wheat on it - mostly in valleys of Ganges and Indu rivers, in some other places around the Indian subcontinent, Chinese coast, Mesopotamia, Nil river, Tiber river... and maybe somewhere else too, but insignificantly.

There are 22 civilizations - as I was making it in the World Builder, I had to choose some (in the version with no starting point, you will be free to choose whatever civilization you want and have whatever opponents you want):

- Arabia
- Assyria
- Babylon
- Carthagina
- Celtia
- Egypt
- Ethiopia
- Greek
- Hitti
- India
- Japan
- Khmer
- Korea
- Mali
- Mongolia
- Persia
- Rome
- Russia (an odd exception just to fill the north regions with something)
- Siamese tribe
- Sumeria
- Vikings
- Zulu

The map is not designed for every computer, only those who can cope with this amount of... tiles.
It's just that I always wanted to have a really large empire, and meet really large opponents.

Below you can see pics of these two maps - the XG version picture taken from MapView - you can't see mountain ranges or forests, it just gives you a general idea of the land masses.

Here is the original, gigantic map (a smaller one)
- http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17665

And there is extra gigantic map with players on noble level (the difficulty level you will always find your rivals playing when starting a new game)
- http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17666

And a map with no starting point (and civilizations) set up, extra gigantic size
- http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17667

There are two other versions of extra gigantic map available:

- with all rivals playing on chieftain level (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17662
- with all rivals playing on warlord level http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17664

And sorry for these maps start in 4000 BC instead of 6000 BC. I know it is a bit annoying to me (especially with marathon speed). If you know any way how to fix it I'd be gratefull if you could share it, so I can make some changes to the maps.

Have a good time anyway!

Attachments

• europe to far east.jpg
    europe to far east.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,810
  • Europe to Far East extra gigantic.jpg
    Europe to Far East extra gigantic.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 1,490
Interesting concept - if you want, I could use mapview to move everything over a few tiles to the left, and you could fix up Asia. I like the way that this is basically a world scenario until 1492, yet allows for more focus on the Old World. Good job.

Sounds good to me.

I have the mapview but I found it... not fitting into A New Dawn - limited to just 18 civilizations (and I think there were only those included with C4 vanilla), and with just some of the basic resources (the ones coming with either C4 vanilla or BTS).
Other than that... it was pretty quick (unlike WorldBuilder ;-)) and with fantastic options of moving land masses around, copying and pasting them into new files.

I quite like this idea of rolling or rather twisting the world, so I think that either moving the map slightly to the left and adding around 25-30 tiles to the right, and also extending it a bit to the north ( I guess that 10 tiles would do for the Vikings) should be perfect... And extra-huge :) The reason for that is... there is no fun on those never-ending tiles of Syberia in Russia. Or even the Chinese civilization is focused in the coast instead of the west part of its country.
Yeah... I would move India a bit, add Indochinese Peninsula (or shape it properly), and north bits of Japan. It would be a great fun...
I'm still testing the map, don't know how quick it is beyond 100 AD, with a large civilization to rule and a few vassals ;-)

Was the mapview ever updated somehow, so one can place more than just 18 civilizations? I don't even care about resources, as that may be easily done in the WorldBuilder. I would love to set player level for each of my opponents, other than the noble one. That would be fantastic if that worked.

I tell you what... I just checked that mapview. Seems to work perfectly, so I'm gonna sit on it and by the end of the week it should be ready... I hope :)
Seems I found a way how to create 50 civilizations in there. I just don't know how to add civilizations there to have a choice of more than 18 ;)

In the meantime, if you want to share some ideas how to make this map better, just let me know.

Yeah, I think expanding the map northwards, at least so St. Petersburg could be fit in, would be a good idea. I hope my computer will be able to run it, it's all modern and high tech since a few months ago. Good luck on getting it ready.

This looks really cool, but there is no way my computer will be able to run it...

This looks really cool, but there is no way my computer will be able to run it...

Yes, this may be a problem, but as I said - I made it large, so it fits our needs... Now we need new computers ;)
It's not for every computer. And just for those who felt that any map in here wasn't big enough to contain even 18 civilizations.
Now we should be able to have fun with up to 50 of them.

Top Bottom