1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

European Civ 1.1 [Warlords]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Italicus, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta

Yes, two scenarios for now, WWI and Modern, then, with time, I will do it in the map very huge...

2. GoSkins

GoSkins Chieftain

The starting locations for the Ottomans on the Europa Gigante scenario is a water tile - i fixed it using world builder. Also the starting techs (at least for israel) are off - in the xml files and pedia it says mysticism and the wheel, but in this scenario, david starts with agriculture and hunting...for the life of me I cant figure out how to fix it.

3. Dionysius

Dionysius Emperor

there is a tech editor in worldbuilder, you know.

4. tahnkout

tahnkout Warlord

Well Italicus, like GoSkins has said it, you cannot deny me twice my buddy :) the starting location in the Gigante map is on a water tile for the Ottomans. I have tried the smaller map and found it quite amusing to see how you were right about the starting location of Ankara is very prosperous. I like it. I will also try other civilizations and comment here.

The scenario will I am sure be very very very cool. Can't wait to try that too.

With peace...

5. GoSkins

GoSkins Chieftain

Ha...right under my nose...
    I also noticed the Macabee is exactly the same as the swordsman so I tried editing the unit in the xml but now as soon as I try building one, the game crashes. Any suggestions?

6. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta

I have corrected the starting point of the Ottomans, excuse me. it was in the map huge that was corrected. I have put him to ankara, in the tile x:83,y:26.

Goskins, the new civs don't have UB yet...

7. GoSkins

GoSkins Chieftain

Italicus, I know there is no UB for new civs, but there should be a UU for Israel like there is for all other civs including the new ones. I was just wondering if you could tell me how to change the properties of the current UU for Israel. I tried to change iCombat in the xml but now when I try to build the unit during the game, Civ IV Warlords crashes and I have to restart the program. Is there another place I need to change?
    Great work on the mod by the way...this is exactly what I was looking for
    Thanks

8. GoSkins

GoSkins Chieftain

I just tried using the original version of civ4unitinfos.xml without any of my changes and it still crashes...maybe it wasnt my doing. Is anyone else having problems trying to build a UU any of the new civs or for Israel?

9. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

Sorry, but I don't think that the Tegetoff class is a good UU. I sugguest to use Pandurs (as a replacement for the musketman) instead.

10. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta

perhaps crashes for the difference among the version civ4 and warlords, or you perhaps go to also touch something for which the unity is not recognized as Macabee...

However, as it says the file strategy.xml, the macabee it has one point bonus of power (4 iPower), the swordsman has 3.

11. i101

i101 Chieftain

Hello Italicus, like your mod. The only thing that annoys me is that you use Italian language for the Civilizations and their Leaders.
    If you dont mind and have the Time could you create an ''English'' version of your mod?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

12. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta

I am translating, but it is long and boring... however I have ready the scenario 2006. ;)

13. GoSkins

GoSkins Chieftain

I am unable to build any unique units for the new civs - the game crashes when I try. Has anyone experienced this? Any Suggestions?
    Thanks

14. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta

Take you from unitinfo.xml an unit warlords as example and it changes the parameters.

15. Italicus

Italicus Italia Redenta

16. andywt

andywt Chieftain

Is there an alternative download available for 1.3?

For some reason rapidshare never works for me.

17. i101

i101 Chieftain

Go for it andywt: Europa Mod 1.3

I hope it is ok that I upped the mod. Greets

18. andywt

andywt Chieftain

Cheers.:)

Got it.:goodjob:

19. Roetghoer

Roetghoer Warlord

Hi,

I'm currently playing Warlords scenario "Europe" by Italicus, but the game crashes when i attempt to build the Unique Unit for the Dutch (and Swiss) the Swiss Mercenary. I've studied the problem and everytime I select this unit in the building column, the game crashes hard to desktop.

I guess something in the MOD is wrong. I'm running Europa Mod 1.3 by Italicus. Could somebody please try to build this unit or select it in a worldbuilder environment? The game also crashes when I try to enter Worldbuilder, perhaps because of the same problem.

Plz help,

Tnx

20. Dionysius

Dionysius Emperor

<purged.>