European football updates from our perspective(s)

KaeptnOvi said:
actually, I don't agree here. the police had to do something against those idiots that pose as football-fans but care nothing about the sport and all about violence. These freaks need to be stopped, and stopped soon. they don't only hurt the reputation of swiss football, but also their own club they're supposed to support.
I'm not really sure about the Hooligan law, but one thing is clear to me, something's got to be done to stop those bloody idiots.

Of course, they had to do something against these idiots. I agree totally with you, I am the of the same opinion. But in my humble opinion, they could have done it in a better way (e.g. not hurting not-involved people).
And - I really don't know exactly the overall situation - but to me as someone who was in the stadium/the city, the situation seemed about as violent as it was at the game against Lucerne for example (You know, when one kiosk got burnt - and they brought one, two little articles in the newspapers). But that's how I saw it, I don't know if the situation was really like this... ;) Maybe I'm wrong, let's see how it continues.

mitsho

A final update after my month-long absence:

During that time Werder managed to close a five point gap to the HSV and eventually overtake them in the direct match on the last matchday. That means the season ultimately turned out to be a huge success. Even more could have been possible with less injuries (for example Klose was injured twice and missed several matches, still scored 25 goals) and a bit more luck (for example the CL match in Turin...). But overall second place is a great result, direct Champions League qualification is secured.

And we're still the number one in the north! :D

Henk ten Cate was named as Ajax' new headcoach a few days ago.. no doubt he did a good job with small clubs before and players like Davids and Ronaldinho have admitted that they actually became better players under his guidance.. so how knows he actually might have some good influence on the youngsters here in Amsterdam!

Top Bottom