European Forces: Cold War to Present

Hi Tony! If I were Churchill I would have dropped my cigar when I opened the Downloads section today. First of all thank you very much for fulfilling my indirect request about making German M48!!!
Do I need to download those units that are already in WWIII, were there any upgrades to them?
Syrian Gazelle was not included in WWIII before, was it?

1989 is such an awesome scenario and to find all these beautiful units in it made it even more awesome! I can't quite get over how you so quickly have mastered ships, aircraft, land vehicles, as well as foot soldiers :goodjob:

I don't know why but I'm actually the most psyched about the Yugoslavian aircraft, I suspect mainly because I never expected them to be made, ever! :D

:hatsoff: Thank you, gentlemen.

First of all thank you very much for fulfilling my indirect request about making German M48!!!
Do I need to download those units that are already in WWIII, were there any upgrades to them?
Syrian Gazelle was not included in WWIII before, was it?

I just made the M48 last week. The model was an older version so I had to use some trickery and upgun it to the 105. I think only the 2S7 was really changed. Syrian Gazelle, Russian MiGs, and the German tank are the new ones.

I don't know why but I'm actually the most psyched about the Yugoslavian aircraft, I suspect mainly because I never expected them to be made, ever! :D

Yeah, I was really happy about that also. It's cool because they have their own aerospace developers and unique designs and I like to see them represented. Many thanks to Delta here for sharing these models; I think they are from a flight simulator game. The J-22 is a real nice model. I even got the landing gear and doors animated, which is the kind of nonsense I do for fun because it will never make it into the finished unit.

So now you two versions of M48, an older and the upgraded 105mm

Which one should be the correct one used in your WWIII ?

Truly an impressive collection you got now Anthony, my compliments

I got a question mate!

In size, can we compare them with Wyrm planes?

Btw. I like the its default stand!

I think Tornado ECR did not appear in 1989 either. At least i can't find it in "units" folder.

Yes, this one too.

I got a question mate!

In size, can we compare them with Wyrm planes?

Btw. I like the its default stand!

I remember Wyrmshadow saying that he used a formula to determine size. I use the Mark 1 eyeball for all my sizing. I know sizing is very important to some players, but to me we have giant silk resources next to people alongside cities with battleships and railroads, and nothing is in proportion. I usually size things with a comparison to existing units that I know will be standing alongside it in the game. For instance, I may stand my tank next to a flc from Wyrm or Gwendoline and re-size until I can't tell the difference. If it's my own units, I may import the model into another unit and resize them based on the real life measurements. For example, my new MiGs were imported into a Tornado unit and then I looked up their dimensions and sized accordingly. If a unit is already animated I will strictly resize by changing the camera zoom. This is how the 2S7 was done, for example. Trying to resize objects that are already linked and animated in Bryce is a recipe for disaster.

One thing I like about the ground level defaults is that they are centered better in the unit box on screen.

Top Bottom