European Wars: British Armies from High Medieval to Late 19th C

Yes, clearly no point in further discussion. I'll refrain from anything but blowing sunshine and bubbles in the future.

Good day to you, sir.

Excellent unit pack, sir! Huzzah!

amazing units, just plain awesome, though I had a bit of confusion while attempting to download: the images are organized by era, but the downloads seem to arranged by type, 17th -> 18th -> 19th

im not complaining, it just makes it a little difficult to figure out which download to look for certain units

thanks again for the sweet amazing work

PS: i downloaded them all anyway

Imperator!!! :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: HAiL! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: HAiL! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: HAiL! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Excellent work which fills our lives with a great pleasure! Thank you, Andrea!!!

With ever more of these European Wars packages completed I must ask about the Horse Archers and Horse Crossbowmen.

What I can see in Flicster they must have very good exercise indeed.

They are dismounting the horse to shoot one arrow, re-mount only to dismount again to fire another. Poor lads.
It´s a good idea to have them dismount instead of like so many other stay on the horse to fire their weapon, however Sir ....

Could it be possible to have the poor bloke stand beside his horse to fire until finished and then remount? I know it takes a bit more fiddling and to be sure I haven´t seen the happening in game time. Perhaps it works out fine.

Anyone that could verify this?

With ever more of these European Wars packages completed I must ask about the Horse Archers and Horse Crossbowmen.

What I can see in Flicster they must have very good exercise indeed.

They are dismounting the horse to shoot one arrow, re-mount only to dismount again to fire another. Poor lads.
It´s a good idea to have them dismount instead of like so many other stay on the horse to fire their weapon, however Sir ....

Could it be possible to have the poor bloke stand beside his horse to fire until finished and then remount? I know it takes a bit more fiddling and to be sure I haven´t seen the happening in game time. Perhaps it works out fine.

Anyone that could verify this?

Or I can made an horse archer unit dismounted in all aninations and in the run animation it could mount, run and dismount in a 15 frame rate animation.
What do you think boys of this idea?

Or I can made an horse archer unit dismounted in all aninations and in the run animation it could mount, run and dismount in a 15 frame rate animation.

Sounds good :thumbsup: And the new packs are EXCELLENT :goodjob:

Best,

Oz

Well, I think you make the easiest for yourself Imperator.

You will surely think of something good.

Just remember that fortify position is mounted and victory too and even harder that he is on his horse when losing and dies falling of the horse.

This might take some thinking .....

:hmm: But if you have a unit with a movement of two or more, won't that anim play in game as if he mounts, runs and dismounts for each movement point?

:hmm: But if you have a unit with a movement of two or more, won't that anim play in game as if he mounts, runs and dismounts for each movement point?
Given that a turn can last several years, can't the guy get down of his horse from time to time to relieve himself? I wonder how they manage to hold that long!

Hm,
I good idea Steph. Use A to step of the horse and fire, B to keep fire and C relieve himself and get back on the horse.
Bingo he might find time for other things too I hope. :deadhorse:

By the way I haven´t seen any unit still relieving himself, but with the great skill around
I´m sure we will not have to wait long :old:

Given that a turn can last several years, can't the guy get down of his horse from time to time to relieve himself? I wonder how they manage to hold that long!
That's what Fidgets are for!
If you keep it in the Run anim then the poor guy can only do it if he's on the move (think of the stress when the rest of the army is waiting and the enemies are watching!!!), but in a Fidget it doesn't even has to be his turn :)

Imperator,
do you have any idea of making some Americans for their short time. They could fight these blokes in War of 1812 for one.

I know WildWest cover most, but not all.
Especially the time of the Revolution I think, and for sure late 19C time. It would fit nicely into AoI scenario I think.

You made the WW1 pack too, for sure but little gaps has been left in the American line.
War of Revolution
War of 1812
Mexican War
Spanish War

If possible Imperator,
could you not just recolor some of these blokes, some hat changes perhaps.
And some classic Royal Marines might pop up to completement this collection.

The Zulu war time Marines I believed looks like any infantry of the day, but with blue uniforms. Then the late 18th C (had a look at the old TV-series Hornblower) had a red uniform but a certain looking hat that isn´t in your collection.

Just for a rainy day if you please Sir.

Attachments

• marine_sergeant.jpg
    marine_sergeant.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Marine.jpg
    Marine.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 160
If you do a brake in WW2 units perhaps you give this Marine issue a thought...
Hoping for the best of course in XMas stressing times..
but the Marines could save the day ....

Hey, as a heads up Part IV seems to be down.

Top Bottom