European Wars: Flemish, Burgundians and Dutch Armies from High Medieval to late 18thC

imperator1961

Last of the Mohicans
Here my pack for Flemish, Burgundians and Ducth units from High Medieval to late 18th C.

Flemish (High Medieval):
Archer, Crossbowman, Horse Crossbowman, Horseman, Knight, Spearman, Swordsman.

Burgundians (Late Medieval)
Archer, Crossbowman, Horse Crossbowman, Horseman, Knight, Spearman, Swordsman.

Dutch 16th C - 17th C
Arquebusier 16th C, Artillery 16th C, Pikeman 16th C, Reiter 16th C, Artillery 17th C, Dragoon 17th C, Musketeer 17th C, Pikeman 17th C.

Dutch Early 18th C
Artillery, Cuirassier, Dragoon, Fusilier, Grenadier.

Dutch Mid 18th C
Artillery, Cuirassier, Dragoon, Grenadier, Fusilier, Early Hussar.

Dutch Late 18th C
Artillery, Cuirassier, Dragoon, Fusilier, Grenadier, Light Infantry, Hussar.

And as a Bonus units: Burgundian Artillery 15th C, Burgundian Handgunner 15th C.

As usual some units preview:

Download the files:

Part 1 (Flemish)
Part 2 (Burgundians)
Part 3 (Dutch 16th C - 17th C)
Part 4 (Dutch Early 18th C - Mid 18th C)
Part 5 (Dutch Mid -Hussar- Late -all- 18th C)

New units? And of such a high calibre and quanity? VERY smexy.

Holy... Netherlands o0... a whole lot of very good looking units for such small a region. :king:

Yes, but they were major players in the 30 Years War; colonization from North America and then South Africa to Indonesia; and IIRC the 7 Years War.

A very active small region :)

Best,

Oz

PS A personal favorite - King Crimson's "The Night Watch" about the painting of the same name. For pure historicity, the lyrics are worth attending to - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWFO8bo06gM

-O.

I agree with Oz; these units will have more use one might expect. All of the 17th century units could be used in an early american/New England setting. The early 18th century fusilier could be one of Ethan Allan's green mountain boys, and fellows who looked like the dragoon next to him could be seen up to and during the civil war.

In fact, Imperator, you did such a good job on that unit that it makes me yearn to see an American West set from you; it would be beautiful.

OMG, great job! As already stated they will find many uses. This will round out Netherlands for an expanded Age of Piracy scenario. Now if only I could get more pirate units.

I agree with Oz; these units will have more use one might expect. All of the 17th century units could be used in an early american/New England setting. The early 18th century fusilier could be one of Ethan Allan's green mountain boys, and fellows who looked like the dragoon next to him could be seen up to and during the civil war.

In fact, Imperator, you did such a good job on that unit that it makes me yearn to see an American West set from you; it would be beautiful.

Thanks to all for the comments!. As for an American West set, it is in my to do list. The only problem is that I dont'have many images/pics; if someone can help me...
The next pack would be a very huge pack: the Italians from High Medieval (with northern italians, venetians, papal states and sicilians) to late 19th C. The only period I dont'cover is the Napoleonic Age. Next will be a Western Medival Siege weapons and after this I hope the American West pack.;)

Top Bottom