Eurovision Song Contest 2007

Ingvina Freyr

wants a Steamfree option
The official CFC OT ESC 2007 thread!

Time to turn up the heat with only a month left before the show that we all love to hate and hate to love.

:blush: Some of us have come out of the closet to openly admit that we enjoy watching the show, :blush:
:shifty: while some still go through all kinds of efforts to keep their guilty pleasure a secret. :shifty:
There are, however, no ways of avoiding this huge spectacle, so instead, let's indulge!

All subjects are allowed as long as they are connected to the ESC.

I dislike the greek song this year. They could have picked something else than the same cheap pop. I expected that Lordi's win would encourage a heavier Eurovision (or at least a more variated) but the greek entry certaintly does not show any such tendancy for change.

SWEDEN:

After a series of semi-finals, a second-chance show and the "grande finale" in Stockholm, Sweden has decided not to send:

* The cool rocker in a leather suit, singing about a little bit of love.
* The 70-year old jazz-legend.
* The sexy girl in short skirt and high boots, singing in Italian. Don't worry though, you can see (very much of) her here.

I don't know if you feel the same, but I'm always nervous that we'll send an embarrassment for the nation. Luckily, this year we won't as we're represented by The Ark; an established group of guys of undefined sexual orientation and a preference for glittery clothes with pearls and feathers. :mischief:
They might remind you of 70s acts like Wizzard, Edison Lighthouse, T-Rex etc.
Here's how they look and sound: The Ark - The Worrying Kind

Eurovision: Every year Britian enters it wanting to win. Moans about and ridicules Eurovision when it doesn't :Sulking Smiley:

I saw the British contribution earlier today and let me assure you; you won't win this year. :p
It's a new tactic. Instead of attempting to make good records, we've started putting out absolute garbage in the hope that it appeals to the European taste more ;)

I hope Finland won't win again, the praise to Lordi in media was waaay too big. Though Hanna Pakarinen, the winner of Finland's first Idols, won't win. The song sucks. Luckily.

The finnish song couldn't be much worse. Local idols winner from a few years back. People in finland fail to understand that being popular here doesn't mean that someone will automatically be popular everywhere.

The overall quality of the finnish entries this year wasn't very good anyway.

I do not like it :/
Russia had the best imo, of the ones i have seen at least. But i am disspaointed that it seems to be again full of pop.
Rotting Christ would have been better as the greek entry :lol:

Oh not again!

It's too political now. People vote for the countries they like, rather than the songs. And it's not really the song itself which wins either - it's the costumes and act.

As a UK citizen, I feel ashamed and embarrassed by the entry we have.

Top Bottom