1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Eurovision Song Contest 2007

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ingvina Freyr, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Tykinruoka

Tykinruoka Unlimited power

Ricky Martin wannabe anyone? ;)

2. Ingvina Freyr

Ingvina Freyr wants a Steamfree option

You have to try imagening the song in english, sung by...say...Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen or something like that. :lol:
    Actually, I do want more Finnish music. Don't bother with the crappy Finnish folk rock though. I will start a new thread, since this one is about the ESC, where you can post suggestions. Look out for the "More Scandinavian music, please." thread.

3. Masquerouge

Masquerouge Deity

Well that was quite an experience... I love the comment on youtube, from a Finn apparently:
    " aijaa.."

I don't speak Finn but I sure can understand aijaa.. :lol:

4. Tycho Brahe

Tycho Brahe Emperor

So far my vote goes to the girl from Macedonia.

Boy does she have looong legs. :D

5. Tycho Brahe

Tycho Brahe Emperor

Wouldn't "Dana International-effect (TM)" be more accurate?

6. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

The Moldavian girl has a nice face & body too. :D (but this video is horrible...) I'm sure like last year we're going to give them 12 points just because they are moldovans. ;)

BTW, am I crazy or does she really resemble Angelina Jolie?

7. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Its first time when we participate. It should be interesting.
    I think than in the Czech Republic won one group playing rock with name Kabát. But I am not sure now, maybe it was only quarter-final or something. I quite like this group but their music is not so original and with Czech singing I think they have not chance. Their older songs were very rude (funny and better lyrics), now they are leaning towards more pop. But they still should be drunken, so it should be funny :D

8. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Gipsy.cz was more original and should have more chances to win. I hate hip-hop but they have realy another style than others...

9. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Cyrpus has a good song (the singer is very well established, and imo has a great voice) but it is in french which will make it difficult to understand for most people probably:

Eyridike

It could win though

10. Rheinmetall

Rheinmetall Interplanetary Assassin

Any hack scener could probably make better dance music. I've got nothing against the singer but boy is the music bad. There's nothing that stands out as "awesome, I need to hear that again". Compressed into one word: boring.

11. Kyriakos

Electronica ussually is quite simple though. Besides, compared to the rest of this year's songs i think that it at least has a chance of winning ;)

12. Rheinmetall

I may be a little biased since I listen electronic music on daily basis. Electronic music doesn't have to be repetitive or simple. You can keep it simple if you have a good leading melody, but this song doesn't have that outstanding melody.

13. Kyriakos

Of course i agree, this is not exactly a piece by Jean Michelle Jarre who i like a lot :)

But still imo it sounds better than the rest of the ESC 2007 songs i have listened to

14. Ingvina Freyr

Cyprus: Have to agree with Rheinmetall here. It doesn't stand out in any way.
    Greece: Haven't this been done already by Ruslana/Ukraine? :dubious:

Speaking of Ukraine, it is a well known fact that politics is an important part of this contest and it was probably more than the song that made Ukraine win back in 2004. This year Georgia enters for the first time and as you know they're reaching out to the west in all possible ways. Do you think Georgia will be embraced the same way as Ukraine was by the voters?

Georgia - Sopho Khalvasti - My Story

15. Rheinmetall

Mixed feelings about the Georgia. Part of me tries to like it, but the weird cacophony of the song alienates me from it. It does not flow at all. I didn't get much out of it.

16. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

17. Ingvina Freyr

Italy doesn't take part in the ESC at the moment, apparently in protest of the political voting. :dunno:
    They won back in 1990, but let's all agree to forget that song, shall we?

Italy's finest moments (according to me):

1958 Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) Reached third place. Was also voted as the second most popular song of the contest ever (behind Abba's Waterloo), at the 50th anniversary concert in 2005 .

1964 Gigliola Cinquetti - Non Ho L'età 16 year old Gigliola won the entire contest. The video is obviously from another show.

1987 Umberto Tozzi & Raf - Gente Di Mare Came third. Also one of the most well remembered Italian songs.

18. Masquerouge

Masquerouge Deity

Georgia's song looks like it's produced by Borat.

19. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Just saw this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wLd-0qpPNR4

I am now 100% convinced that we have 0% chance of winning :lol: Any other song has greater potential. Not that I don't like Kabát, I just think they don't have any ambitions abroad. They even said that it would be a catastrophe if they won, because it would ruin their Czech tour and CT (Czech Television) would go bankrupt :lol:

BTW, I like the South Slavic languages, they sound very poetic. Sometimes I even understand some words.

20. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!