[GS] Even deity AI too passive and unchallenging, solution?

kryndude

Chieftain
I find that, as long as I'm not neighbored to a warmongering civ in the early game, I can maintain friendship with everyone forever. I don't even have to waste 25 gold on delegation most of the time. And then when I inevitably start snowballing exponentially due to AI's inability to properly synergize all the game features, even with all the buffs it receives the AI becomes too trivial and the game becomes uninteresting all of a sudden.

I tried using Real Strategy mod but honestly couldn't see much difference. I'm now thinking about trying AI Booster which buffs AI army and claims to provide better resistance militarily. I've seen many positive comments about Real Strategy so I don't want to ditch it just yet, but has anyone tried both mods together? Are they compatible? And If there's anything else you could suggest to make the game more challenging and engaging please share them, thank you in advance.

Not really, mods haven´t really been able to alter AI behaviour in a substantial way. House rules might work but I usually find them too artificial.

Civ 7 maybe?

Dont play with wet/new world in case you do, generally it helps us more than the AI.
I used to play on it, but it's honestly just a crutch to help us snowball early.
You can also try dry/old for more of an early game challenge.

Devs decided to make the AI passive (except for early in the game).

i remember a patch (somewhere around R&F) in which the AI would try to kill and nuke the human player when he/she was getting close to victory. The DOW was accompanied by a dialogue. Devs patched it out. Sadly.

It was patched out in favor for climate stuff and cheesy diplomatic cheese that came with Gathering Storm, I assume.

All you can do I guess is to patch the game yourself. You can edit the Xml files and give AI units more hitpoints. You can also give a scout the strength of a robot if you wish to do so

Last edited:
All you can do I guess is to patch the game yourself. You can edit the Xml files and give AI units more hitpoints. You can also give a scout the strength of a robot if you wish to do so

That wouldnt work unless it also raises the AI's military score, as they only seem to jump a target if it has about 25-50% of their own military score (diplomatic modifiers apply).
Which the player usually has, outside of the ancient era.

The terra map seems to help, as the crowding forces more aggressive behavior

Top Bottom