Even Moar Units: Hooves and Holy War

Even Moar Units: Hooves and Holy War 1.41

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
Deliverator submitted a new resource:

Even MOAR Units: Hooves and Holy War - Adds four new units including Cataphract, Templar and Knight of Calatrava.

View attachment 463401

This mod adds a further 4 units to MOAR Units:

Cataphract
Classical era heavy cavalry unit upgrading from Heavy Chariot and upgrading to Knight.

Knight of Calatrava
Spanish unique Knight replacement. Gains +6 Combat Strength when attacking a city center plot. Jinete UU removed.

Templar
Strong melee unit that can be built if the player is the Suzerain of Jerusalem or if the player's religion has the Crusader or Defender of the Faith...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome concept, I really like the idea of this Moar-expansion! The units look fantastic as usual and it's nice that you have unique prerequisites for the Templar and another Horseman upgrade to fill the gap!

The only thing that is a bit of a shame is that the Jinete will be replaced, I haven't even tried this one out yet.
Are you going to include this model somewhere else? Maybe for Poland?

Thanks for this great mod! :)

Last edited:
Small typo (Unit instead of UnitType):

Code:
[2825475.103] [Gameplay] ERROR: no such column: Unit

because of

Code:
UPDATE Units
SET    Combat = 44, Cost = 150, PrereqTech="TECH_STIRRUPS", MandatoryObsoleteTech="TECH_COMPOSITES"
WHERE  Unit = 'UNIT_DRUZHINA';

I don't know if it's just me but I'm getting a graphical bug, the Cataphract is showing up as two static horses. They have no rider/saddle and don't actually have movement(they can move around the map but theres no animations for it).

I don't know if it's just me but I'm getting a graphical bug, the Cataphract is showing up as two static horses. They have no rider/saddle and don't actually have movement(they can move around the map but theres no animations for it).

Did you modify the DLC-modinfo as described in the installation instructions? If not, I guess that's the reason. :)

4. A small edit is required to the VikingScenario.modinfo within the DLC folder changing the ModArt element as follows:

<ModArt id="ART_COMPOMENT">
<Properties>
<RuleSet>RULESET_SCENARIO_VIKINGS</RuleSet>
</Properties>
<Items>
<File>VikingScenario.dep</File>
</Items>
</ModArt>

to...

<ModArt id="ART_COMPOMENT">
<Items>
<File>VikingScenario.dep</File>
</Items>
</ModArt>

In other words remove lines 106-108 from VikingScenario.modinfo. This is to allow the Viking Scenario unit graphics to be used by other mods such as this one.

The only thing that is a bit of a shame is that the Jinete will be replaced, I haven't even tried this one out yet.
Are you going to include this model somewhere else? Maybe for Poland?

I'm thinking I'll make the removal of the Jinete optional using Rulesets so people can play with all 4 Spanish UUs if they want!

I'm thinking I'll make the removal of the Jinete optional using Rulesets so people can play with all 4 Spanish UUs if they want!

Hm, I don't know.. wouldn't that decrease compatibility with other mods, only for that 1 unit? :/
Oooor what about changing it to a Polish Uhlan (light cavalry with lances)? The icon would fit perfectly! ;)

Last edited:
Hm, I don't know.. wouldn't that decrease compatibility with other mods, only for that 1 unit? :/

I have made the XML/SQL quite modular so if you want to keep the Jinete you can just remove references to
Data/MOAR_Units_HaHW_Remove_Jinete.sql from the .modinfo file.

I have made the XML/SQL quite modular so if you want to keep the Jinete you can just remove references to
Data/MOAR_Units_HaHW_Remove_Jinete.sql from the .modinfo file.

I already considered doing that! :D Thank you!
Btw do you want to edit the descriptions for Crusade and Defender of the Faith, so that they reflect the ability to build the Templar? Otherwise people might forget about this unit, since you don't see it anywhere else..

Code:
<Replace Tag="LOC_BELIEF_DEFENDER_OF_FAITH_DESCRIPTION" Language="en_US">
<Text>Combat units gain +10 [ICON_Strength] Combat Strength when within the borders of friendly cities that follow this Religion.</Text>
</Replace>

<Replace Tag="LOC_BELIEF_JUST_WAR_DESCRIPTION" Language="en_US">
<Text>Combat units gain +10 [ICON_Strength] Combat Strength near foreign cities that follow this Religion.</Text>
</Replace>

Did you modify the DLC-modinfo as described in the installation instructions? If not, I guess that's the reason. :)

I made the edit and I'm still not getting the correct models in-game. Unless I need to start a new game in order for it to take effect.

I made the edit and I'm still not getting the correct models in-game. Unless I need to start a new game in order for it to take effect.

Yes, changes like that require a restart, sorry. :/
Maybe you want to test it first by starting a game in a later era where the Cataphract is available right from the start?

Im a bit confused; does this include the entire MOAR Units mod or do I need both?

In the installation notes I mention that "This mod requires both the Viking Scenario DLC and Moar Units to be installed."

wow wonderfool mod ! may i have a question? how to made a ingame unit models? civ6 official modding tools not release yet.

Top Bottom