Even More Resources for Vox Populi

Even More Resources for Vox Populi (v 8)

Using this mod from 4.5.1_VP-SSEM-EUI.zip modpack (it says V11). Lead doesn't reduce the buildings production cost. Do I need to use V12? I tried to enable V12 and delete my mod cache, but it crashed on loading my save.

V12 just deletes unused files, it has no change pertaining the issue you are facing.
Also it's normal that save breaks because any modification to a .modinfo file such as when hopping to a new version is not savegame compatible.
I checked the relevant code and see no anomaly.
Code:
INSERT INTO Resource_BuildingProductionCostModifiersLocal
        (ResourceType, RequiredEra, ObsoleteEra, CostModifier)
VALUES    ('RESOURCE_LEAD', null, 'ERA_MEDIEVAL', -10);
The production discount lasts until Medieval era.

Ok, I had a feeling that EMR worked with More Wonders before your latest update - the one about zimbabwe. And it does - v11 works with More Wonders, at least it loads the game. Just still incompatible with Zimbabwe. Which is still strange, since you say that you can load v12 with More Wonders no problem.
Can confirm, crashing during mods loading. VP + Community Events for VP + More Wonders for VP + Unique City States for VP + More Unique Components for VP. V11 works, but haven't played a full game yet.
V12 just deletes unused files, it has no change pertaining the issue you are facing.
Also it's normal that save breaks because any modification to a .modinfo file such as when hopping to a new version is not savegame compatible.
I checked the relevant code and see no anomaly.
Code:
INSERT INTO Resource_BuildingProductionCostModifiersLocal
        (ResourceType, RequiredEra, ObsoleteEra, CostModifier)
VALUES    ('RESOURCE_LEAD', null, 'ERA_MEDIEVAL', -10);
The production discount lasts until Medieval era.
Thanks for checking! I need to test it when my city has more production, maybe it was too low to see the effect.

not getting any ancient ruins with v12 on vp 4.6 -- not using any of the mods listed in this thread, ucs or zimbabwe etc
I suppose something broke with regard to the placement of stuff on the map with the last VP version.
The modmod is just sql code and art assets that add the new resources to database, it features no change concerning ancient ruins whatsoever.
The code placing the new resources on the map, however, was integrated in main VP files quite some time ago, and precisely in "MODS\(2) Vox Populi\Core Files\Overrides\AssignStartingPlots.lua"; so if something happened it's most likely to be there, and given it involves the main files you can open a issue ticket on github.

I suppose something broke with regard to the placement of stuff on the map with the last VP version.
The modmod is just sql code and art assets that add the new resources to database, it features no change concerning ancient ruins whatsoever.
The code placing the new resources on the map, however, was integrated in main VP files quite some time ago, and precisely in "MODS\(2) Vox Populi\Core Files\Overrides\AssignStartingPlots.lua"; so if something happened it's most likely to be there, and given it involves the main files you can open a issue ticket on github.
This mod makes changes to improvements? ie to go along with the new resources? I wonder if the conflict lies there somehow. Will take a look later...

Just check Lua.log, it should be obvious there. You should also notice marsh looking like tundra.

Update inbound.
I remembered to update the resources for the new categorizing columns.

Changelog:
Code:
UPDATE Resources SET LandResource=1 WHERE IconAtlas IN ('EVEN_MORE_RESOURCES_ATLAS_A','EVEN_MORE_RESOURCES_ATLAS_B'); -- all
UPDATE Resources SET AnimalResource=1 WHERE Type IN ('RESOURCE_BIRDS_NEST','RESOURCE_CHEESE','RESOURCE_HONEY');
UPDATE Resources SET PlantResource=1 WHERE Type IN ('RESOURCE_BEER','RESOURCE_CHAMPAGNE','RESOURCE_LAVENDER','RESOURCE_POPPY', 'RESOURCE_COCONUT','RESOURCE_HARDWOOD','RESOURCE_PINEAPPLE','RESOURCE_POTATO','RESOURCE_RUBBER');
UPDATE Resources SET RockResource=1 WHERE Type IN ('RESOURCE_OBSIDIAN','RESOURCE_PLATINUM','RESOURCE_TIN','RESOURCE_LEAD','RESOURCE_SULFUR','RESOURCE_TITANIUM');

Version for those playing WITHOUT Unique City States.

Attachments

• (overhaul) Even More Resources for Vox Populi (v 13).zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 24
version for Unique City State modmod.
Same changes as above.

EDIT: fixed version.

Attachments

• Even More Resources for Vox Populi UCS (v 13).zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I forgot what those categories are for.

Instant CTD upon pressing "Next" from the mod screen with v13 UCS enabled unfortunately. No such issues with v11. I'm sure it's some kind of modmod incompatibility.

My modmods:

Enlightenment era
VP Community Events
MUC
More Wonders
Cambodia
Unique City States
Better Lakes
Civics and Reforms
Enginseer's Wholesome Tweaks
Aloe Vera bonus resource
IGE+
Monopoly Buildings
Notification Settings
Polar Station
Recruitment Office
Route Planner
Ski Resort and Marina Building
Squads
Tomatekh's Kyivan Rus'
Upgrade All Units Button
VP's Bare Necessities
World Congress Reformation
Even More Resources for VP

Instant CTD upon pressing "Next" from the mod screen with v13 UCS enabled unfortunately. No such issues with v11. I'm sure it's some kind of modmod incompatibility.
I took the version 11 and made database changes from there so now it should work.
I updated the post with the link.

Top Bottom