1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Event ideas thread!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Voltage, Oct 20, 2009.

  1. Voltage

    Voltage Chieftain

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2006
    Messages:
    173
    A thread to post events you would like to see in your games


    I'll start off with some


    1. "Our worst enemy India has been threatning us by detonating nuclear weapons undergound along our boarder!"

    Choices
    Red alert! Declare war! -3 hit with india.
    Send in our black ops team to take out their uranium. 90% chance to destroy their mines on uranium resources and -2 hit with India.
    Appease them, Another war is the last thing on my mind! -1 hit with india.

    2. "Our people and the English people are worried about Weapons of Mass Destruction Arabia is testing "

    Choices
    We cant afford to stop them. -1 Hit with England.
    Immediatly cease trade with Arabia. (England and you stop trading with Arabia) +1 hit with England
    Whip up bad feelings to arabia through our media and plan for war. Military alliance with you and england starts against Arabia. -3 Hit with arabia. +3 hit with england.

    3. "An army General has annouced his intention to run you out of office"

    Choices
    Run him and his loyal followers out of the country! (Spawns barbarians units of same tech near capital)
    Keep him quiet, give him an important job. -1 Happiness in capital.
    Have him assasinated. -100 Great general points.

    4. "Global warming is worrying scientists, What shall we do?"

    Choices
    Ignore the scientists warnings. Tell the nation its rubbish! Increases global warming probability .
    Cut down our CO2! Remove all our coal plants! Lowers global warming probability.

    5. "Our pilots gained vital experience in the war"

    Choices
    Get those pilots better equipment! 10 planes upgraded to strength II
    Fund the pilots to make a flying school! 10 Planes upgraded to Ace
    Show this to the world! +1 with all leaders.
    Get these guys in Aircraft shows! +1 Happiness in all cities

    6. "The french are offering a mutual training program for our armored units"

    Choices
    Sounds great! All french tanks and your tanks start with Drill I.
    No way! We do not train with our rivals!


    7. "We have capatured a military scientist in our enemies city. He has some interesting ideas!"

    Choices
    Build new jet engines! All planes start with operation range I. Costs money.
    Build better ships! All military start with Blitz. Costs money.
    Build better gunships! All gunships start with blitz. Costs money.
    Give him an academy

    8. "Swine flu has spread to our coastal ports from overseas and an epidemic is imminent!"

    Choices
    We cant afford to stop this right now! -2 population in every city
    Give out experimental drugs and hope they work! (50% chance for +2health in all cities, 50% chance for -2health in all cities)
    Qurantine the infected. -2 Happiness in all cities for 30turns.

    9. "The earthquakes in the deep oceans are worring our scientiests. They say a big Tsunami could happen!"

    Choices
    Fund their work. Install early warning systems. (costs a lot of gold)
    I dont think we can afford that right now! (10% Chance of -5 population on a coastal city)

    10. "We have been hit by an silent strike team! Our security forces are suspecting the chinese black ops program "

    Choices
    Keep this information quiet! -1 Hit with china
    WHAT! Our peope deserve to know! -3 Hit with china
    This is an act of war!

    11. "Our spies have stolen plans of a german invasion on our brothers in russia!"

    Choices.
    Get this to the Russian leader. (-3 hit between Russia and Germany)
    Show the world just how evil Germany is! (-1 hit for germany with all leaders)
    Burn the evidence!

    12. "Terrorists are threatning to detonate a nuclear weapon in the capital if we dont reach their demands!"

    Choices
    I do not negotiate. Send in the specials forces. (20% chance of nuclear explosion in capital, 80% chance of +1 happiness in all cities for 30turns)
    Give them what they want. (Lose 50% of gold and -1 happiness in all cities for 30turns)

    13. "Smoking is costing our health service a lot of money, It may be time for change!"

    Choices
    Smoking is big business!
    Ban smoking! -1 Happiness in all cities. +1 Health in all cities.

    14. "Drug use in London is getting out of hand!"

    Choices
    Declare war on the dealers. +1 health in city.
    Make arrests! Show the people we are doing something! +1 Happiness in city
    Longer prison sentences is needed and work them to the bone! +2 production from jail

    15. "A sheep or pig cloning facility is now a real possibility!"

    Choices
    Do it. We have lots of mouths to feed! (2 new sources of sheep or pigs appear in culutral boarders, -2 Happiness in all cities)
    That is not ethical. (+2 Happiness in all cities for 30turns)

    16. "An ancestor of a human has been uncovered in the ice mountains! It supports Darwins theory!"

    Choices
    Burn it. +1 with all religeous leaders
    Study the corpse! Find out where we come from. +1 science in all universities.


    More...



    17. "Oh no, a scandal is about to hit the papers. Our politicians have been using government funds for personal gains!"

    Choices
    Let the story run. +1 gold from all broadcast towers. -1 happiness for 5turns.
    Do not doubt us! Convert immediatly to state property.


    19. "One of our submarines carrying nuclear weapons has gone rogue! They captain plans to launch the missiles if we do not stop the war against Persia!"

    Choices
    I will dispatch all our military might to bring down this traitor (Submarine and missiles goes barbarian, -1 hit with all nations)
    Do as he says! (+1 hit with persia and Peace treaty formed, -1 hit with all other nations)
    Unleash our Special forces and take him out! (80% chance of submarine destroyed, 20% chance of nuclear attack on one of our cities)

    20. "Egyptian city of Cairo are suffering from civil unrest!"

    Choices
    Send troops to the city to help them control the situation (+3 hit with Egypt, Cairo +5 Happiness)
    Ha! Give the rebels the means to fight the Egyptian government! ( -3 hit with Egypt, Cairo -5 happiness for 10 turns)

    22. "Genetically Modified Food can feed the hungry people across our nation, Shall we use it?"

    Choices
    No way, Further testing it needed. Promote GM-Free foods. (+1 Health in all cities)
    Yes feed the starving! (+2 food in all cities)

    23. "Our weapons development program has found a way to build nuclear weapons faster, They have drawn up plans for a bigger missile factory in Dallas"

    Choices
    Do it, the extra missile production will give us the nuclear advantage (-1 happiness in dallas, Missiles built 25% faster)
    No, We need a nuclear free world. (+1 happiness in Dallas)

    24. "One of our spy satellites has been destroyed by a missile launched from Korea. How should we react"

    Choices
    Jam TV transmissions and say they shot down a television satellite (-3 from broadcast tower for 2turns, -2 hit with korea)
    This never happened (-1 hit with Korea)
    Retaliate, Launch our missiles to destroy a korean satellites. (-3 hit with Korea, Chance of War)

    25. "Our top Airforce General has issued a public statement saying you have not given adequate air support to our troops"

    Choices
    This is outrageous, See to it he hands in his notice to leave his position. (-200 Great General points)
    He is right. We need more planes. Fund immediate production boost. (400 gold to have planes built 50% faster for 10turns)

    27. "The Princess Dilemma, Your beautiful daughter has come of age. The people love her."

    Choices
    Settle her in the city of your choice. +3 +8 +6 in that city
    Marry her off to the civ of your choice for a permanent +6 diplo modifier

    28. "Over hunting is diminishing the numbers of deer, Our people fear they may go extinct without our help"

    Choices
    We can not deal with this now.
    Reduce hunting! (-1 food to deer plot)
    Fund a team to help them breed! (cost of 400 gold, 50% chance for extra deer appearing)

    29. "There has been an attempt on your life. A man is being held by our security services and they believe he was sent by the French government."

    Choices
    Prosecute him and make the trial public but keep the french out of this! (+1 production from courthouse in capital, +1 gold from broadcast tower)
    Extract more information from this man, I want to know everything (+5000 espionage against france)
    Put all blame on the french government, We will retaliate. (War with france, +5 in all cities for 15 turns).
     
  2. Voltage

    Voltage Chieftain

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2006
    Messages:
    173
    17. "Oh no, a scandal is about to hit the papers. Our politicians have been using government funds for personal gains!"

    Choices
    Let the story run. +1 gold from all broadcast towers. -1 happiness for 5turns.
    Do not doubt us! Convert immediatly to state property.
     
  3. binhthuy71

    binhthuy71 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2003
    Messages:
    1,886
    Location:
    Southern California foothills
    18. "A new scientific study has shown that excessive Civ IV playing leads to social isolation and mental deterioration."

    Choices
    Ignore the study: those eggheads don't know what they're talking about. +1 :), -1 population in all cities with 5 pop or more.

    Publish the findings: +1 :mad: for three turns in all cities, +1 :science: from Library, 80% chance of +1 pop in three smallest cities.
     
  4. Powerslave

    Powerslave Chieftain

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2004
    Messages:
    388
    Location:
    USA
    Hmm. Some of those are actually quite good. I think I'll implement them in my game.
     
  5. Fanatic101

    Fanatic101 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    hehe! But note to you. Being a smart ass makes you look like an idiot!


    19. "One of our submarines carrying nuclear weapons has gone rogue! They captain plans to launch the missiles if we do not stop the war against Persia!"

    I will dispatch all our military might to bring down this traitor (Submarine and missiles goes barbarian, -1 hit with all nations)
    Do as he says! (+1 hit with persia and Peace treaty formed, -1 hit with all other nations)
    Unleash our Special forces and take him out! (80% chance of submarine destroyed, 20% chance of nuclear attack on one of our cities)

    20. "Egyptian city of Cairo are suffering from civil unrest!"

    Send troops to the city to help them control the situation (+3 hit with Egypt, Cairo +5 Happiness)
    Ha! Give the rebels the means to fight the Egyptian government! ( -3 hit with Egypt, Cairo -5 happiness for 10 turns)

    Moderator Action: Flaming - warned
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
     
  6. mariogreymist

    mariogreymist Chieftain

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2009
    Messages:
    2,201
    21. A whistleblower has come forward exposing financial improprieties at mining Inc.
    Investigate immediately and thoroughly, prosecuting any malfeasants. (-200 :gold:, +1 :D in every city with Mining inc for 10 turns, 1% chance of corporation going bankrupt [loses all effect])
    Ignore the whistleblower...what's good for Mining Inc is good for the country. (Mining inc HQ generates double :gold: for ten turns, on turn eleven: 50% chance of bankruptcy)
     
  7. binhthuy71

    binhthuy71 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2003
    Messages:
    1,886
    Location:
    Southern California foothills
    A thoughtful person might avoid calling someone an idiot in his or her second post on these forums.
     
  8. Fanatic101

    Fanatic101 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    22. "Genetically Modified Food can feed the hungry people across our nation, Shall we use it?"

    No way, Further testing it needed. Promote GM-Free foods. (+1 Health in all cities)
    Yes feed the starving! (+2 food in all cities)

    23. "Our weapons development program has found a way to build nuclear weapons faster, They have drawn up plans for a bigger missile factory in Dallas"

    Do it, the extra missile production will give us the nuclear advantage (-1 happiness in dallas, Missiles built 25% faster)
    No, We need a nuclear free world. (+1 happiness in Dallas)

    24. "One of our spy satellites has been destroyed by a missile launched from Korea. How should we react"

    Jam TV transmissions and say they shot down a television satellite (-3 from broadcast tower for 2turns, -2 hit with korea)
    This never happened (-1 hit with Korea)
    Retaliate, Launch our missiles to destroy a korean satellites. (-3 hit with Korea, Chance of War)

    25. "Our top Airforce General has issued a public statement saying you have not given adequate air support to our troops"

    This is outrageous, See to it he hands in his notice to leave his position. (-200 Great General points)
    He is right. We need more planes. Fund immediate production boost. (400 gold to have planes built 50% faster for 10turns)
     
  9. acivguy55

    acivguy55 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2009
    Messages:
    90
    This might sound a lot like the tsunami event but let's give it a go

    26) A massive outbreak of smallpox has infested our city

    -The city can not be saved (<=5P): city is wiped out, 100% of contagion on nearby cities :thumbsdown:
    -City 6P+: let the citizens fend for themselves -5 population, 75% of contagion in nearby cities, 25% city will be destroyed :run:
    -City 6P+ costs money: send in the doctors but be mindful of the disease. quarantine the city, -5 population, 25% of contagion in nearby cities


    This might seem like an overkill event but it could be used to prevent areas from being settled thus leaving land open for colonies like for an earth map, medieval or not. BY the way, is there a way to make an event happen with certain frequency and at specific areas of the map??? Then I think this one could be useful... kinda.
     
  10. TheLazyHase

    TheLazyHase Chieftain

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2009
    Messages:
    867
    I don't think they ever been such a great scale epidemic on the world. It's just far worst than the worst epidemic in FfH.

    I would rather give 10 unhealthiness to a city, and try to make it spread like a shrined religion from the city. 10 unhealthiness can happily make your civ go to stone age already.

    A more refined possibility would be a recurring event that start out at 7 unhealthiness. Each time it happen, it's +3 unhealthiness, and each time a civ is touched by this event,the unhealthiness is reduced by 4 for this particular civ.

    So, if you're hit a lot, you have less and less severe outbreak. And if someone is never touched, he can be wiped out by 15+ unhealthiness outbreak, kind of what happened when european goes into america.
     
  11. acivguy55

    acivguy55 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2009
    Messages:
    90
    TheLazyHaze,

    True that such calamities have never occurred however this is civ. I see the usefulness of this event as a way of preventing over expansion, for instance in an earth map of 18civs then Huayna Capac and Monty would not be super juggernauts whenever other players get to America and then there would be land to colonize.
     
  12. naterator

    naterator Bravely running away

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    1,909
    Location:
    Spamalot
    Wiping out Huayna Capac and Montezuma with smallpox? Meh... It's been done. Maybe call it the "Hernan Cortez Event"?
     
  13. acivguy55

    acivguy55 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2009
    Messages:
    90
    Lol that is real funny :lol::lol:. But seriously, I think it could be useful in the manner described... it helps with expansion of less civs less favored by the game, more sharing of production and thus more violence :devil:
     
  14. binhthuy71

    binhthuy71 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2003
    Messages:
    1,886
    Location:
    Southern California foothills
    You might consider the Black Death. After it peaked in 1348-1350 roughly 45%-50% of the population of Europe was wiped out. In Mediterranean Europe (Southern France, Spain, Italy) the toll approached 80%.
    It wasn't just confined to Europe: historians estimate that the world's population dropped from 450 million to between 350 and 375 million in the aftermath.
     
  15. naterator

    naterator Bravely running away

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    1,909
    Location:
    Spamalot
    I wouldn't mind it, i am one of the few who doesn't throw my mouse through the window when the vedic aryans come for me.
    The tsunami (or this) might make me shout a few choice words, but c'est le vie. There are some random events that make me jump for joy, why not some that make me curse the RNG.
     
  16. acivguy55

    acivguy55 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2009
    Messages:
    90
    Well said; although most of the times the vedic aryans come around i get owned if I don't have the great wall :sad:, oh well . In addition in cases where you get a civ all alone in such huge, prime real state such as S America or N America... this event kinda balances the massive expansion potential.
     
  17. Kanzera

    Kanzera LOLOLOLOL

    Joined:
    May 8, 2009
    Messages:
    311
    Location:
    US and A
    oh god not another RFC-esque plague!
     
  18. TheLazyHase

    TheLazyHase Chieftain

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2009
    Messages:
    867
    Yes, but it's far from destroying entire city. Epidemic thin out the population, not destroy. As you say, over 50% death it's cataclysmic ; and -50% city size it's not destroying city with 5 pop.

    In fact, the better thing would be to tie the severity to the size. Like giving unhealthiness equal to the square of pop, if you really want to wipe out a civ with it.
     
  19. binhthuy71

    binhthuy71 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2003
    Messages:
    1,886
    Location:
    Southern California foothills
    27 The Princess Dilemma
    Your beautiful daughter has come of age. The people love her.
    -Settle her in the city of your choice. +3 :) +8 :culture: +6 :gold: in that city
    -Marry her off to the civ of your choice for a permanent +6 diplo modifier
     
  20. acivguy55

    acivguy55 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2009
    Messages:
    90
    Sounds like a good event however, shouldn't it be only active when you are using hereditary rule in addition like something such as vassalage?
     

Share This Page