1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Notification Wishlist

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Dark Helmet, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Dark Helmet

Dark Helmet Chieftain

The Event Notification is a pretty handy tool, no - *really* handy tool. But even then, there are some things I would like to see made to it. I would like to have some sort of means of filtering out events I am not interested in. Whether Hatshupset adobts Nationhood or Cannibalism is not what I consider critical information. Event Pop-ups need to last longer, and should be clickable through transparent windows. Not being able to click on an event pop-up because it is behind your science/culture slider is a major pain in my toosh. I spent 5 minutes last game looking for a fishing boat Alexander razed because I couldn't click on the friggen pop-up. Or even better - get rid of pop-ups altogether and let me click on the Event Messages like hyper-links. That would just be swell.

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Why not just use the event log? It records nearly everything and lets you move there.

3. Lockesdonkey

Lockesdonkey Liberal Jihadist

Personally, I would much rather that UN votes were recorded in the Event Log. I usually end up building the UN (I've won one Diplo already) and I need to have a record of who supports me and how many votes they have.

4. auldian

auldian King

I wish it would be finished when my turn starts. Waiting another 30 seconds for the events to play out after I've returned to my turn is a bit annoying.

5. Dark Helmet

Dark Helmet Chieftain

Ahh. I didn't know the Event Log existed up until recently. It is handy, but kind of redundant in my opinion.

Event Notification is transparent and small enough not to get in the way while still being large enough that you do not have to squint to see. I tried playing with the Log to see if I could kinda squeeze it somewhere on the screen, but it is simply too cumbersome. Why not incorporate the tabs and scroll bars in the Event Log into Event Notification?

6. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Because then it would always be part of your screen obstructing part of the map. In addition, you would need to wait till it notified you of a change to see it (this can be many seconds after the event happens).